JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Civil unrest over the presidential election?

Yes.  

Evenhere, in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, people have been vandalizing political signs in people's yards, or stealing them outright.

There have even been many cases of MPD--Malicious Property Damage to homes of supporters of opposing political parties.

Just the other day someone threw a rock through the glass of a woman's front door because she supported one party over the other.

Mostly the damage is being done to people's parked cars.

Lots of parading and protesting, too.

:(

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

When we see how these men act - and one of them will be the leader the US - is it any wonder that those who support them would act in a similar childish way.

It just reinforces trust in Jehovah and His Kingdom - it's pretty obvious that men don't have the answer and Satan is pulling their strings!

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

2 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Yes.  

Evenhere, in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, people have been vandalizing political signs in people's yards, or stealing them outright.

There have even been many cases of MPD--Malicious Property Damage to homes of supporters of opposing political parties.

Just the other day someone threw a rock through the glass of a woman's front door because she supported one party over the other.

Mostly the damage is being done to people's parked cars.

Lots of parading and protesting, too.

:(

Do you think that because they know we don’t vote it will cause them to target us in any way feeling that we could have swayed the election in some way if w had voted for one or the other. 
At least we’re not voting against their candidate whoever it was or is..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

In time, Gog of the land of Magog will target us.  

That's when Jehovah sends His mighty 

Warrior King and legions of angels to 

rescue us and sanctify His name, and vindicate His sovereignty.

:)

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

1 hour ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

In time, Gog of the land of Magog will target us.  

That's when Jehovah sends His mighty 

Warrior King and legions of angels to 

rescue us and sanctify His name, and vindicate His sovereignty.

:)

I was wondering about the week after the election..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

I was wondering about the week after the election..

Don't do that to yourself....

Matthew 6:34 So never be anxious about the next day, for the next day will have its own anxieties. Each day has enough of its own troubles.

As a matter of fact, correct me if I'm wrong, you probably didn't think about the protection provided us from tense political environment because we aren't not going door to door...

Agape

8 hours ago, Beyond the Sky said:

Both sides seem to really dislike each other. I'm afraid that riots/protests will happen regardless of who wins.

Yes - I expressed the same to my son in law recently -  I heard some stating that they will not be going in physically

to work on the day and day after elections - due to expected violence.  On the news you see women purchasing guns

to protect themselves and families - also many are told not to wear their political choice on clothing articles

while going to the polls - so as to not cause any issues - things are heated 

So happy are focus is on the Kingdom -  started my letters 

Edited by Chachanee

Has the Civil Unrest already started?

Cray cray!

Biden campaign says Trump supporters tried to force bus off highway

President appears to praise threats from his own supporters

Biden campaign says bus was nearly forced off road

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/31/biden-harris-bus-texas-trump-supporters-highway

There will be no returning to civility. let's just brace ourselves and focus on the Messianic Kingdom!

My daughter in the US received this message from her OS. Apparently from the Branch over there:
Precautions Due to Potential Civil Unrest
In view of the potential for Civil unrest in the coming days, all are encouraged to take additional precautions. Family heads should take steps to protect their family, avoid unnecessary travel, leaving home at night, and avoid areas prone to protests if possible. If you need assistance in acquiring supplies, medication or in carrying out necessary errands, please let us know. (Proverbs 22:3)

Stay safe over there!

Old (Downunder) Tone

Our Congregation got this message from the BOE on our WhatsApp page

Tuesday is the Election day.
PLEASE
PLEASE use wisdom
Thing could get really crazy fast. If at all possible, think seriously about staying home
This entire week could be very emotionally charged.
Our Prayer are in your behalf, Friends.
Agape.

Sounds like prudent advise

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Our elders asked us to stock up any supplies and run errands today, but after that, to stay at home and not do any traveling unless emergency - especially at night! I'm so glad my surgical procedure was done last week phew! 

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

On 10/31/2020 at 10:51 PM, Qapla said:

When we see how these men act - and one of them will be the leader the US - is it any wonder that those who support them would act in a similar childish way.

People act like the god they worship..

In our area, as far as I know, no warnings. We are rural, and any larger population center is about an hour and half away.  I’ve read about shenanigans in both cities. 
A sister told me I can get the acorns in her yard. 12 miles away. I was going to do that, now I wonder. 
A good day to do yard word.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Um, prior post. “Yard work”.

One of the elders just phoned. I’m wondering if it’s because we have a smaller  congregation. I was sort of waiting for it yesterday. (We did have an interested person at the meeting yesterday. Did not know him at all. 
Exciting times. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

It's already starting in New York, because one side says "We need to count all the votes!" (even if they come in later than the previously proclaimed deadline for mail in voting) while the other side is saying "there was a deadline. You should stop it there."  I can see it getting really ugly, because both the mainstream media and these new regulations that seem to keep changing is going to ensure that no matter who wins, no one on the other  side is going to believe it was won fairly.

Edited by Katty

11 minutes ago, Snority said:

So some are saying stop the vote!  Others are saying count every vote!  Even on this people are so divided!  It just shows how badly we need  Jehovah's kingdom to come!  Man was never created to have man ruling over them.

I don't know who's ahead, who's behind.  I don't care who wins, who does not.  If I was part of the world I do not know who I would vote for because I have no preference.   But this I know, No matter who wins this election - Daniel 2: 44 

Edited by Snority

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

Facebook Takes Down Group Organizing Protests of Vote Counting

From WSJ
Updated November 05, 2020 03:54 p.m. EST

Company says pro-Trump ‘Stop the Steal’ group sought to delegitimize election process, with some of its more than 300,000 members calling for violence

Picture Caption:
Election officials processed ballots in Decatur, Ga., Thursday. Some Trump supporters have protested at election facilities around the country questioning the integrity of the count.

Face­book Inc. took down a fast-grow­ing group on its plat­form called “Stop the Steal” that was or­ga­niz­ing protests of vote counts around the coun­try, in one of the so­cial-me­dia gi­ant’s most ag­gres­sive moves yet to po­lice on­line ac­tiv­ity over the elec­tion re­sults.

The group had grown to more than 361,000 mem­bers within 24 hours and was de­voted to protest­ing the ad­min­is­tra­tion of the elec­tion, which the or­ga­niz­ers al­lege has been marred by wide­spread vote fraud. While Pres­i­dent Trump has re­peat­edly made the same claim, news or­ga­ni­za­tions and fact-check­ing groups have found no sup­port for it to date. The Trump ad­min­is­tra­tion’s Cy­ber and In­frastructure Se­cu­rity Agency tweeted ear­lier Thurs­day about the ro­bust safe­guards in place to en­sure a fair and ac­cu­rate elec­tion.

Stay Safe my brothers and sisters!
Agape

Imagine what change our 1.3 million votes that we don't make could give. ...I wonder if the rest of the country may hate us after this if they read that news article and then the campaign and put the pieces together. o.o

Would they blame us for not helping?

Edited by Nirex

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

On 11/5/2020 at 6:39 PM, Nirex said:

Imagine what change our 1.3 million votes that we don't make could give. ...I wonder if the rest of the country may hate us after this if they read that news article and then the campaign and put the pieces together. o.o

I don't think so. A lot of JWs don't know anything about politics. Except maybe the basics that the Republican and Democrat party believe in. (That's me) So thier is no telling who JWs would have voted for anyway.

It would be like asking ambassadors from other countries to vote. They are loyal to their own governments.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”