JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2021 Governing Body Update #2

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1078 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Point 1. What a crazy year to be at bethel.

A couple from my cong went to bethel in February 2020. The wife got anxietyfrom not being able to see family and the husband was busy translating videos into Australian Sign Language. They are coming back to our cong this month.

Point 2. How amazing does Ramapo look! And ahead of schedule. AMAZING!

My Dream job is to work at Rapapo.

Ramapo.png

Finally!!

Brother Cook said that the pandemic will come to an end, like my thinking, so let´s keep on the watch, have faith and keep safe!

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

4 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

It will not end this year..

who knows?

Jehovah knows

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

41 minutes ago, LRJW said:

The most important thing I needed to hear this morning!  

next he said: "The pandemic had a start and the pandemic will have an end." This made my day

7 hours ago, Sofia said:

Finally!!

Brother Cook said that the pandemic will come to an end, like my thinking, so let´s keep on the watch, have faith and keep safe!

44 minutes ago, Sofia said:

next he said: "The pandemic had a start and the pandemic will have an end." This made my day

Brother Cook said the same thing in the 2020 Governing Body Update #3 last May. Listen to the video at the 13:16 mark.

Edited by Sheep

Just now, Sheep said:

Brother Cook said the same thing in the Governing Body Update #3 last May. Listen to the video at the 13:16 mark.

Yes true

when I said finally 

was because I ve been waiting for this Update ever since February 

it’s very heartwarming to listen this twice: the pandemic will end

twice....

and more times ....over and over

thank you sis 🙏

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

thank you sis 🙏

Sorry Eric. 

Thank you brother 😉

3 minutes ago, MM9106 said:

I got it in JW Library. Odd that the website is having this error. First time I’ve ever had any issue with the website. 

Hhmm. Mine works okay. (Windows version of JW Library)

Is mass timber being used to make for faster contruction?

They also used precast concrete too in other projects. Is this not being used as its slower although its much stronger and will last longer.

"Careful research led to the decision to pursue a different structural system known as mass timber — something we’ve not done on previous projects of this scale. Timber is bonded in crossed directional layers to form the structural elements of the building.

This is an increasingly familiar system. Robust and safe — that means that the beams, the columns, and the floors can be prefabricated off-site, making the structure of the building faster to put up. And apart from being economical, time-saving, and reducing the carbon footprint of the project, it should also make for some very attractive buildings."

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

3 hours ago, WilliamChew said:

Is mass timber being used to make for faster contruction?

They also used precast concrete too in other projects. Is this not being used as its slower although its much stronger and will last longer.

"Careful research led to the decision to pursue a different structural system known as mass timber — something we’ve not done on previous projects of this scale. Timber is bonded in crossed directional layers to form the structural elements of the building.

This is an increasingly familiar system. Robust and safe — that means that the beams, the columns, and the floors can be prefabricated off-site, making the structure of the building faster to put up. And apart from being economical, time-saving, and reducing the carbon footprint of the project, it should also make for some very attractive buildings."

Back in January, Br. Qalpa shared the site info.  In the video they said the 20th century was a time of concrete but the 21st century is a century of wood (and they go on to explain the benefits).  Go to the website, scroll down to FEATURES and select that, then scroll down to the bottom on the construction and watch the video Building Green on the new methods.

ram.PNG

ram1.PNG

ram2.PNG

13 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

It will not end this year..

We may not go back to the hall this year but I think there’s a good chance the pandemic may be declared over this year.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.