JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower September 2021

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 889 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

3 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

This is what is mentioned in this new wt regarding rev 13:12,15

The watchtower study 37 says:

0F8ECE55-1452-4AA2-B12A-9CD63A112046.jpeg

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

2 minutes ago, Sofia said:

The watchtower study 37 says:

0F8ECE55-1452-4AA2-B12A-9CD63A112046.jpeg

Yes, I know. But the part about Rev 13:12,15 is just the tidbit I shared

Are you talking about those verses or 16,17? Because what you posted just now is regarding the mark and there to I don't see anything new...

And what exactly do you mean by "it has been fullfiled"?

4 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

Yes, I know. But the part about Rev 13:12,15 is just the tidbit I shared

Are you talking about those verses or 16,17? Because what you posted just now is regarding the mark and there to I don't see anything new...

And what exactly do you mean by "it has been fullfiled"?

I see my mistake

i should have written rev 13:16,17

instead 

thank you for correcting me

The climax book says that the pressure to receive the mark was in the past

the new study #37 says it will be a future trial to all of us

thank you João 😊

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

26 minutes ago, Sofia said:

I see my mistake

i should have written rev 13:16,17

instead 

thank you for correcting me

The climax book says that the pressure to receive the mark was in the past

the new study #37 says it will be a future trial to all of us

thank you João 😊

Still, I don't think there is anything new on this wt... 😉

In the World but No Part of It — Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY (jw.org)

10 It takes more and more courage and endurance to resist pressure to receive “the mark.” (Revelation 14:9-12) Servants of God have such strength, however, and because of this, they are often hated and maligned. (John 15:18-20; 17:14, 15) Rather than bearing the mark of the beast, Isaiah said that they would symbolically write on their hand, “Belonging to Jehovah.” (Isaiah 44:5) Moreover, since they ‘sigh and groan’ over the detestable things done by apostate religion, they receive a symbolic mark on their forehead identifying them as being worthy to be spared when Jehovah’s judgments are executed.Ezekiel 9:1-7.

It's just that the current wt only mentions a future application while older information mentions an ongoing application, now and the future (the above quote is not from the climax book but a newr pub). But that doesn't make the two pubs incompatible

Edited by jayrtom

I have been waiting for an article to have pictures of covid-19 and we now have.

https://assetsnffrgf-a.akamaihd.net/assets/m/2021564/univ/art/2021564_univ_cnt_2_xl.jpg

Picture Description: 1. Brothers and sisters prepare boxes of food at a food pantry. 2. A brother delivers one of the boxes to a family."

STUDY ARTICLE 38, Paragraph 14 "During the COVID-19 pandemic, the Witnesses worked hard to support their brothers and sisters.Whenwe are quick to support our spiritual family, we show them that we love them."

Also with this picture is also in the Pure Worship book in chapter 21.

https://assetsnffrgf-a.akamaihd.net/assets/m/2021560/univ/art/2021560_univ_cnt_1_xl.jpg

The Watchtower Picture Description says "An older brother talking with young children at the Kingdom Hall and looking at pictures they have drawn."

The Pure Worship Picture Description says "An elder chatting with young children at the Kingdom Hall and looking at pictures they have drawn."

I found this interesting.

Correct me if I'm wrong. The understanding of Haggai 2:7 always had a positive effect regarding people coming into the truth. This article is totally different.

Yes, there is a positive effect of this, yet what I'm seeing there is a negative effect and that is Jehovah is shaking those who does NOT except the truth.

The adjustment note is on paragraph 10 I believe. 

It basically says that he adjustment is that It was thought before that the shaking of the nations did not have an affect on drawing honest hearted ones from the nations.

It’s confused me really as I always thought it did. Must have missed something. 

Edited by Mykyl

Several prophets and even revelation reveals a big shake that will come soon

i believe we will see more studies and talks about those prophecies referring to GT

in the end of study #37 it’s mentioned that Ag.2:21 is a different shake than Ag.2:7 🧐🧐🧐

8 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Do our have a link instead? It is easier to read.

nope... sorry!

39 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Do our have a link instead? It is easier to read.

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=jwlshare&wtlocale=E&prefer=lang&docid=2021562&par=23

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 hours ago, Thesauron said:

If it is study 37, I’m sure a link can be found somewhere in the magazine that was published recently. https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=jwlshare&wtlocale=Z&prefer=lang&pub=w21&issue=202109

Yes now it’s available 

I only had it in pdf

The Research Guide > Scriptures Explained > Hag2:7 has many references to the current understanding. 

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=jwlshare&wtlocale=E&prefer=lang&docid=1204426

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

16 minutes ago, Andress said:

So i do not really getter difference of the new understanding compared to the old one of haggai 2:7? Anyone explain ?

Paragraph 10 also contains an explanation of the new understanding along with the old understanding in the foot note as stated by one of the brother in the above.

8 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

The Research Guide > Scriptures Explained > Hag2:7 has many references to the current understanding. 

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=jwlshare&wtlocale=E&prefer=lang&docid=1204426

Good, but still. We used to say that ”the treasures of the nation” did come to accept the truth because of ”the shaking” , now we say this is a new understanding, but we still say the shaking will lead to true worshipers. At the end it looks the same now as before, what do i miss ?

11 minutes ago, Andress said:

Good, but still. We used to say that ”the treasures of the nation” did come to accept the truth because of ”the shaking” , now we say this is a new understanding, but we still say the shaking will lead to true worshipers. At the end it looks the same now as before, what do i miss ?

It's not the same but the difference is rather subtle.

The older understanding was that Haggai 2:7 is speaking of two different things, both caused by the preaching of Jehovah's judgment against the nations:

1) The nations are "rocked" or "shaken", that is, they are agitated and upset due to our preaching.

2) The "precious things of the nations" will come to Jehovah's people.

The new understanding is that we rock the nations by preaching God's kingdom and as a result of that rocking the precious things come to Jehovah.

This is one of those interesting cases where there's a new understanding which is actually the understanding most Christians already had before. A similar situation that comes to mind is the identity of the faithful and discreet slave and the domestics. :)

1 hour ago, Andress said:

From a discussion with an old elder It originally was it was shaking the honest hearted ones out of the nations.

Then it changed to no it was causing the nations to shake.

Now it is both. It’s both the nations shaking and that shaking causing honest hearted ones to come to Jehovah. 

I must have missed the middle change when I was in the world. 

Edited by Mykyl

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Jonadab said:

I also couldn't find the  💬RSS 

Well, I guess that is the case then. 

Maybe this thread had something to do with it 😂😭😂

We will adapt to the new situation. 

Edited by Br. Ice

The rss option is missing in JW.org but it is (yet) working.

You can always copy the rss from someone

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)