JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower September 2021

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 884 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

21 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

Awesome. A whole crate of chocolate would do just fine for me.

I heard there is an article about the pagan origins of chocolate and how it has been used in false worship....:whistling:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

https://www.history.com/topics/ancient-americas/history-of-chocolate

Just in case anyone is in’eresting in the history of chocolate.

☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

On 5/8/2021 at 1:34 PM, The German said:

I think a wonderful article about how Jehovah strengthens us.

Did all of you noticed the real actual pandemic situation is present in this number! This feels like awesome 

I believe this reality will last for long

i believe it’s possible we have to keep preaching by distance 

attending zoom meetings

teach with the new book Life forever under these same circumstances 

We are being prepared for the GT CHALLENGES that are coming soon

Edited by rocket

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

47 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Did all of you noticed the real actual pandemic situation is present in this number! This feels like awesome 

attending zoom meetings

Probably giving a glimpse of how the Judgement message will be carry out. Maybe at a distance. We just have to wait and see.

9 minutes ago, Wilsurf said:

It looks like a summary of activities during the Pandemic and participation in the campaign. And the strengthening we received during that period.

Welcome to the forum!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

7 hours ago, Sofia said:

attending zoom meetings

Sofia, I thought exactly the same thing. Its interesting to see that the friends are still happy on the pictures despite the problems. We can remain happy even if it continues.

Bem-vindo @Wilsurf !

I m also in a surfing community here in Portugal 

Your comments are highly appreciated 😊 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

13 hours ago, Sofia said:

attending zoom meetings

Actually it is the first time we have a pub depicting the context of the pandemy, but imho it's got nothing to do with anything :)

Our magazines are prepared with several months in adance (I think even more than one year), it just reflects the context at the time of writing 😉

Br. Adam's comment reminded me that since our beliefs were clarified in 2013, we now know that the Faithful Slave is the Governing Body (just 8 men) and no longer a "class" of anointed followers.  It is not a criticism just an "Aha" moment for me...♥️

*** w17 February p. 26 par. 10 Who Is Leading God’s People Today? ***
The July 15, 2013, issue of The Watchtower explained that “the faithful and discreet slave” is a small group of anointed brothers who make up the Governing Body.

No "Evil Slave class" either...🙂

On 5/8/2021 at 11:00 PM, Tortuga said:

I heard there is an article about the pagan origins of chocolate and how it has been used in false worship....:whistling:

Fake news, everybody knows that chocolate 🤎 grows in the trees.

So it is one of Jehovah's creation and can even be considered salad :ecstatic:

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

On 5/9/2021 at 12:05 AM, Loopy said:

https://www.history.com/topics/ancient-americas/history-of-chocolate

Just in case anyone is in’eresting in the history of chocolate.

☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️

I'm more interested in taste than in history 😋

Chrissy :wave:

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, jscotchie said:

A study article in this magazine will provide an updated understanding of Haggai 2:7.

Interesting... Normally any new understanfig comes first in an annual meeting... 🤔 

Recent mentions of this text

2014 - https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/pc/r1/lp-e/1204426/27/0

2 Jehovah too takes a keen interest in his earthly children. He sees his modern-day servants as “the precious things of all the nations.” (Hag. 2:7) They are precious particularly because of their faith and devotion. You may, though, have noticed that among fellow Witnesses today, there are many different talents.

2011 - https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/pc/r1/lp-e/1204426/28/0

This fact is further emphasized by a Bible prophecy that describes developments taking place in our time. Through the prophet Haggai, Jehovah indicated that the preaching of the good news of God’s Kingdom would be carried out worldwide. With what result? Notice one of the effects: “The desirable things of all the nations must come in; and I will fill this house with glory.”—Haggai 2:7.

What are these “desirable things” that are collected out of all the nations? These can hardly be material riches. (Haggai 2:8) What really makes Jehovah’s heart rejoice is not silver and gold. He delights in people who, despite their imperfections, worship him out of love. (Proverbs 27:11) They are “the desirable things” that bring him glory, and he treasures their heart devotion and zealous service.

Haggai 2:7 has 3 different sub-sentences. Curious about which, or all, will be updated.

1) And I will shake all the nations,

2) and the precious things of all the nations will come in;

3) and I will fill this house with glory,’

says Jehovah of armies.

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)