JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

You ARE being tracked

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 948 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I know some have a concern that the government is tracking them. And that they don't want to give them that ability but if you have a cell phone it's not just governments that are tracking you it's also big business. They know where we are!

This was an interesting article that explained that and how the bishop I posted about earlier had to resign over them using his "publicly available" tracking data.

Remember that ultimately the only answer is the Kingdom of God.

The Nightmare of Our Snooping Phones https://nyti.ms/3kFhNNQ

I know that people will have complex feelings about this matter. Some of you may believe that it’s acceptable to use any means necessary to determine when a public figure is breaking his promises, including when it’s a priest who may have broken his vow of celibacy.

To me, though, this isn’t about one man. This is about a structural failure that allows real-time data on Americans’ movements to exist in the first place and to be used without our knowledge or true consent. This case shows the tangible consequences of practices by America’s vast and largely unregulated data-harvesting industries.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

1 hour ago, Dustparticle said:

I better hide all my chocolate. Critical times are here.  2 Timothy  3:1-5

I have the perfect spot for it at my house. :whistling:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

7 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

But if you talk, then they might hear evil my brother.

You recon my brother? I wonder why? Then I may have to resort to my Miranda rights! What do you think,….my brother?

We might be boring, but the problem might be how the information is used. Do we trust the companies/governments that use it? How about if it is stolen? The information collected might include just about anything that you type into your computer.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Use an old flip phone and not a smart phone. Other than that - they are tracking you and selling your data.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• 4 weeks later...