JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Judge orders Ohio hospital to treat COVID-19 patient with Ivermectin, despite warnings

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 954 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

37 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Here in Portugal families with COVID-19 are being saved with ACICLOVIR molecule

its an anti viral used to treat herpes 

since herpes is usualy associated with covid all are doing well

none is being hospitalized and recover quick

I read stuff like the above "ALL are doing well NONE is being hospitalized" in Portugal, but then I go and look at the data

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/portugal/

And see that is NOT true. Deaths are up, but at least flattening. And I think, why do they need to lie? Many of us know there is no such thing in the medical field as ALL or NONE in relationship to a reaction to disease or a "cure" -with the exception of Jesus. It makes the rest of what is said untrustworthy - don't you agree?

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

59 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

What is your opinion on this course of treatment? The use of ivermectin to combat covid? 

I have no experience from

ivermectine

but I have experience on aciclovir and in practice is REAL effective 

about 1000 mg per day on first days and then down

several families took it and were spared from great suffering 

the family members who refused it went bad into icu coma etc

So it’s NOT a placebo

Aciclovir is effective against severe covid

people recover in one week

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

39 minutes ago, trottigy said:

And see that is NOT true

I’m referring to JW who are friends of ours and took aciclovir 

aciclovir is not being given by doctors at hospital

is being prescribed by jw doctors to Jw families with covid based on studies published in India and now on real experience

its a very small proportion from affected who are taking and are surviving

i guess Jehovah cares for it’s people

These cases won’t apear in stats 

not even the treatment will be widely prescribed 

I’m saying what I know

i have followed several JW families who took it and recovered

day by day I contacted the family members to check

all who refused aciclovir were hospitalized 

this is real and true 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Thank you. That was not clear in your previous post.

It looks.like the US is trying everything and setting up tests for many of these antiviral pills.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/17/health/covid-pill-antiviral.html

Hopefully more than anecdotal evidence - like an actual clinical study - will find success.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

1 hour ago, trottigy said:

Thank you. That was not clear in your previous post.

🤗🤗🤗🤗

aciclovir is easy to buy

easy to get

not expensive 

not serious side effects 

we don’t have easy access to human ivermectin here

Edited by Sofia

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

🤗🤗🤗🤗

aciclovir is easy to buy

easy to get

not expensive 

not serious side effects 

we don’t have easy access to human ivermectin here

Where can I buy it in the US without a prescription?

Where I work they noted that the monoclonal antibody treatment is available now IF we have a positive COVID test result - through our union wellness clinic.

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

1 minute ago, trottigy said:

Where can I buy it in the US without a prescription?

I don’t know

the Jw doctors can pass the prescriptions easy here

16 minutes ago, Littlecat said:

I read really good experiences with this , even some who were very ill with Covid19 were better and back to work in a weeks time. 

yes, Monoclonal antibodies are not as effective as some thought before... They are useful to develop more acurate tests though...

Ah, I didn't realize you're not in the US.

Thank you again.

yep... sorry! Im in Europe 😉

Have you heard much about how things are going in Brazil?

real bad. Much disorganization there too. Here the militaries took the vaccination program into action. It has worked swiftly. 75% all population (all) are vaccinated in Portugal. Few disobey. Most want to be vaccinated, now even children are vaccinated.

In Brazil... not so many vaccines available, much disorganized... many dont want the jab. a total mess.

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

yes, Monoclonal antibodies are not as effective as some thought before... They are useful to develop more acurate tests though...

yep... sorry! Im in Europe 😉

Don’t monoclonal antibodies contain white blood cells? This would have clear a Christian’s conscience......

14 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

Don’t monoclonal antibodies contain white blood cells? This would have clear a Christian’s conscience......

From a simple google search-

image.thumb.png.f81b2d54b5a2944a48812893d4d9ae3d.png

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

16 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

No

its just protein (globulins)

it s taken out or plasma though…

like albumin

no cells are involved 

6 hours ago, lovjahupepl said:

Australia is using ivermectin.  I don't know how long the video will be available on youtube.

No, that is not right. It is not approved for use for humans with covid in Australia. That original research in April 2020 only indicated that is worked in the lab. Whether it actually works in scientific trials on humans (not anecdotal or smaller trials) remains to be seen. At this stage, we are wise not to self-medicate as some have found out the hard way, Ivermectin is not “harmless”. 
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-02/warning-over-backdoor-orders-after-covid-ivermectin-overdose/100427910

3 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

No, that is not right. It is not approved for use for humans with covid in Australia. That original research in April 2020 only indicated that is worked in the lab. Whether it actually works in scientific trials on humans (not anecdotal or smaller trials) remains to be seen. At this stage, we are wise not to self-medicate as some have found out the hard way, Ivermectin is not “harmless”. 
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-02/warning-over-backdoor-orders-after-covid-ivermectin-overdose/100427910

Yes I have read that too

in lab conditions it works ok

but in real bodies IVM doesn’t work so well due to other factors other substances in body

we don’t use it in Portugal either  

11 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

I didn't mean that it was approved by the Australian govermment.  I meant some doctors are using it in Australia.  The report explains that.  There are a lot of reports that say some doctors are using it (not just that report) to treat patients (no it is not fda approved specifically for covid but fda approved cigarettes and it's not good for us so can we trust that they will always have our best interest at heart?).  The fact that people are being helped with said medicine gives cause to consider it.   It is ashame when people have to go to court to get a court order for treatment using this medication for their loved ones.   I posted an article iink above about a lady in a coma that got better shortly after being given it.  She still have a road ahead of her for recovery but she was able to go home.  Yet the hospital "declined" to give it to her.  An outside doctor had to administer it to her.  How many times we go to the doctor and they give us a medicine meant for something else but it helps us.  At this point I do not trust anything mainstream media ABC, NBC, etc. share as if they wanted to be "truthful" they would report on the large number of people having adverse reactions taking the shot.  I've lost a dear spiritual sister and an uncle.  I also just learned the other day that my husband's niece came down with bell's palsy (4 months after her shot).  The side effect of the shot she took said Bell's Palsy is a delayed reaction).  Why is it a bad thing if alternative treatments are available such as ivermectin?  Because it doesn't make as much money as putting people on ventilators and oxygen.  We all know there are many ways to get to 1 destination so why can't there be other options.  Sad that anything that has promise is attacked and ridiculed.  I can now see a parallel with this pandemic and the message we try to preach to the world about God's Kingdom.  Because God's Kingdom isn't the "norm" many reject it.  Same here if a treatment isn't following the status quo it's rejected, ridiculed and criticized.

Edited by lovjahupepl

1 hour ago, lovjahupepl said:

I didn't mean that it was approved by the Australian govermment.  I meant some doctors are using it in Australia. 

The report is inaccurate if you mean that some doctors are using it in Australia. They definitely are not.. The link I provided is quoting directly from what our chief medical officer has said - don’t go ordering it online and self-medicating. It is in fact toxic at the wrong dose.  The original Australian research showed ivermectin killed covid in the petrie dish in the lab, but at high doses. So of course that needs to be explored further. But any doctor caught giving their patients ivermectin outside of a clinical trial in Australia would be in serious trouble.  Please don’t believe inaccurate reports like this.

What I wonder though, is why they don’t just fully investigate its value as a prophylactic and treatment properly.  I too think it’s because there is more $$$ to be gained by pharmaceutical companies in vaccines rather than treatment. But I also personally see the need to get vaccinated along with using well researched treatments and doing what you can to help your immune system.

Ultimately, we all know covid kills people - even “healthy” and young people, whether they’ve used ivermectin or had the vaccine.  Only Jehovah can help us. I’m very sorry you’ve been personally affected by this ghastly disease. 🌹. We thank Jehovah for giving us the truth and a sure hope for getting out of this.

* Just so you know, Australian ABC news is not the same as American ABC. It’s the equivalent of the BBC, the government run news agency. 

What can be given by a judge can almost always be taken away by a judge:

A judge ruled Monday that an Ohio hospital cannot be forced to give a patient ivermectin for Covid-19, reversing an earlier decision that ordered it to administer a parasite medication that has not been approved to treat the disease.

In an 11-page decision, Hamilton County Common Pleas Judge Michael Oster Jr. wrote that there “was no doubt that the medical and scientific communities do not support the use of ivermectin as a treatment for Covid-19.”

Based on the current evidence, Oster wrote, the drug — which is primarily used to deworm horses but has been promoted by some doctors, some Republicans and the popular podcast host Joe Rogan to combat the coronavirus — “is not an effective treatment for Covid-19.”

Oster cited advisories from the Food and Drug Administration, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and medical associations that have warned against using the medication for Covid-19.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/judge-says-ohio-hospital-cannot-be-forced-use-ivermectin-treat-n1278576

Soon .....

Another article https://www.wkyc.com/mobile/article/news/local/ohio/judge-reverses-order-to-give-ivermectin-to-covid-19-patient/530-1b31c0c6-e010-49ed-b300-422148a0f03c

"This Court is not determining if ivermectin will ever be effective and useful as a treatment for COVID-19,” Oster said.

“However, based upon the evidence, it has not been shown to be effective at this juncture. The studies that tend to give support to ivermectin have had inconsistent results, limitations to the studies, were open label studies, were of low quality or low certainty, included small sample sizes, various dosing regiments, or have been so riddled with issues that the study was withdrawn.”

So, the court is saying there is not enough scientific evidence to support the legality of a court order to force this particular treatment.  Right now there has not been sufficiently rigorous testing and that it is too early to indicate this is a reliable treatment.  

Julie Smith testified that neither she nor her husband were vaccinated against COVID-19. She said it was “experimental,” so she didn’t trust it.

Now here is an interesting contradiction that really reveals an attitude.  This couple refused the vaccine because it is experimental but wanted Ivermectin treatment.  Currently using Ivermectin to treat COVID-19 is experimental.  It's not proven science.  Ivermectin as a Covid treatment has not been as thoroughly tested as the vaccine.  So, why is one type of treatment unacceptable because it is experimental, while another experimental treatment is acceptable and preferred?  The conclusion appears to be that this couples concerns are being fed by fake news and politics 

Edited by Shawnster

Some interesting articles and videos about Ivermectin:

https://www.mountainhomemag.com/2021/05/01/356270/the-drug-that-cracked-covid

https://www.oraclefilms.com/tesslawrie

https://www.thedesertreview.com/opinion/columnists/the-great-ivermectin-deworming-hoax/article_19b8f2a6-0f29-11ec-94c1-4725bf4978c6.html

ivermectin is being actively used in many countries to combat covid with astonishing results.  Sadly, the drug companies are spending millions on disinformation to scare people into not taking it, because they want to sell profitable drugs and/or the vaccine.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25