JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Judge orders Ohio hospital to treat COVID-19 patient with Ivermectin, despite warnings

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 954 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

WEST CHESTER, Ohio — Editor's note: This story was originally published by The Ohio Capital Journal.

A Butler County judge ruled in favor of a woman last week who sought to force a hospital to administer Ivermectin — an animal dewormer that federal regulators have warned against using in COVID-19 patients — to her husband after several weeks in the ICU with the disease.

https://www.wkyc.com/mobile/article/news/health/coronavirus/judge-orders-west-chester-hospital-ivermectin-treatment-covid-19-patient/95-74af3d9e-c51f-45a7-b32d-7e5aa0ecd629

So. Interesting.  Let's see how this plays out. I hope they give updates 

10 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

WEST CHESTER, Ohio — Editor's note: This story was originally published by The Ohio Capital Journal.

A Butler County judge ruled in favor of a woman last week who sought to force a hospital to administer Ivermectin — an animal dewormer that federal regulators have warned against using in COVID-19 patients — to her husband after several weeks in the ICU with the disease.

https://www.wkyc.com/mobile/article/news/health/coronavirus/judge-orders-west-chester-hospital-ivermectin-treatment-covid-19-patient/95-74af3d9e-c51f-45a7-b32d-7e5aa0ecd629

So. Interesting.  Let's see how this plays out. I hope they give updates 

It is so misleading to refer to the Ivermectin being prescribed by medical doctors for people as the same as used for animals! I would think that any doctor who would do so could lose his medical license! Can you even imagine in all of the trials in progress, that Ivermectin used for animals is being given to humans participating in these trials!? To many people who never heard of Ivermectin for humans being given as an anti-viral and for inflamation, this idea of using Ivermectin for animals on humans may prejudice them against a possible treatment for Covid-19.😐I understand, however, that the best results from using Ivermectin (FOR HUMANS) come as a result of treatment within the first few days of being sick. True, some people, not realizing the need for a specific low dose, and not knowing the difference between what a vet prescribes and a human medical doctor prescribes have in desperation taken what the vet gives their dog..heart worm pills (which is Ivermectin for animals!!)🐩

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

1 hour ago, SUNRAY said:

It is so misleading to refer to the Ivermectin being prescribed by medical doctors for people as the same as used for animals! 

Local tractor supply stores have had to post signs warning people that their Ivermectin is not for human use.  It might be misleading, yes, but there are plenty of people who are using animal Ivermectin for human use because they either are not being prescribed it at the doctors or they can't be bothered to even ask their doctor in the first place. 

1 hour ago, SUNRAY said:

Can you even imagine in all of the trials in progress, that Ivermectin used for animals is being given to humans participating in these trials!?

Nope.  I get the feeling there are not that many human Ivermectin covid trials, which is a shame because there seems enough anecdotal evidence to warrant actual studies. 

When this all started about this Ivermectin being used, I thought isn’t this the stuff Ross and I gave our horses to worm them? It’s been a number of years since I had horses so I couldn’t really be sure. 😁😁😁 

Humans must really be desperate if they take a dewormer for animals for this virus 🤢    🤪

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

This is not the first time that a substance/ingredient/drug is used for more than one purpose. When people want to oppose something, they find the most objectionable use and call the (whatever) by that name.

Yes, Ivermectin is used to worm animals. It is also used to treat certain illnesses in people. Think about it. We feed rolled oats to horses as well as corn and other grains. We also eat any of those same grains. Do we refer to them as "animal feed" all the time?

The problem comes when people do use the animal grade of something for human use and suffers complications - as has been happening with Ivermectin.

Real studies need to be made with Ivermectin to determine it's effectiveness with COVID. It is interesting that, with the number of people who were used in the studies with the vaccines, many people keep calling for more and longer studies - but they want to accept Ivermectin studies that were comprised of many less people and for a much shorter time.

It will be interesting to see what the outcome will be for the person in this article ... if we ever find out what that outcome is.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

I'm interested in learning why a parasite medication would help with covid 

If you watch this video which is less than 11 minutes, I think your question will be answered..also about trials. 

Ivermectin study outcomes

https://youtu.be/cshajqSRdQ4

Edited by SUNRAY

spelling

cat2_e0.gif

2 hours ago, Shawnster said:

I'm interested in learning why a parasite medication would help with covid 

I'm  curious too. 

I want to hear from a reputable radio/ tv network go over the data.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I think there is something valid about using Ivermectin, but as I stated in the Ivermectin thread, there isn't the scientific motivation to invest in proper clinical trials - because there is more money to be made in using vaccines. 

https://jwtalk.net/topic/47798-evidence-for-ivermectin-in-covid-19-latest-update-2021/?do=findComment&comment=811702

https://jwtalk.net/topic/47798-evidence-for-ivermectin-in-covid-19-latest-update-2021/?do=findComment&comment=811703

I think there is a place for both treatments and vaccines.  We need effective treatments to complement the vaccination.  But although there is compelling anecdoctal evidence for Ivermectin's possible benefits in treatment for covid, it seems to be only for early treatement, not late treatment as is this case.  Never use animal grade products for human use - no-brainer.  But like Update #7 said about our emotions clouding the issues, it's good to take a step back and not insist on treatements either.

My daughter sent me a link to a website of academics who have pulled together evidence from all types of official-looking papers and articles.  On closer examination, they are a bunch of unnamed intellectuals who advance anti-government propaganda, and slide right into the anti-vax sentiment.  So much misleading information that looks legit.  We are very thankful of good advice from our brothers who seek Jehovah's guidance through Holy Spirit.

In the meantime, even if Ivermectin has good antibiotic, anti-inflammatory, anti-viral properties, it isn't going to save everyone.

5 hours ago, Loopy said:

When this all started about this Ivermectin being used, I thought isn’t this the stuff Ross and I gave our horses to worm them? It’s been a number of years since I had horses so I couldn’t really be sure. 😁😁😁 

Humans must really be desperate if they take a dewormer for animals for this virus 🤢    🤪

You know there’s a guy (Joe Tippens) who believes his cancer was cured with a dog dewormer medicine and now that’s being studied. It is curious why dewormer meds would help. 
https://www.canceractive.com/article/antiworm-drug for animals effective at killing cancer cells

1 hour ago, AH173 said:

I'm  curious too. 

I want to hear from a reputable radio/ tv network go over the data.

Friends, I don't post to often.  I even spoke to my husband about posting now because I don't want it to seem like I'm recommending anything.

The slave have often advised us to be careful of sharing medical advice and the internet pages we visit.   

Dear Brother Ashley, this is not the 1st time a court case has been file against a  hospital and the judge ordered that the patient be given IVM. 

Few of the family talks about them on the site.  Hopefully you can still fine the tv news reports.   I have personally seen the TV news report or read the news paper.

IVM won a nobel prize as an essential medicine -for people.       Yes, it is also used to deworm animals.  

If anyone wants to know from reputable site, I think this is one of many.    These doctors are emergency and ICU physicians that have and are actually treating patients.

Many are professors.   Many highly published in their field.     I think I have seen the flccc site mentioned somewhere on one of the cov threads here in the past.

The page I'll link to is the testimonial page of the flccc.net site.  

https://covid19criticalcare.com/testimonials/

16 hours ago, ladybug said:

Friends, I don't post to often.  I even spoke to my husband about posting now because I don't want it to seem like I'm recommending anything.

The slave have often advised us to be careful of sharing medical advice and the internet pages we visit.   

Dear Brother Ashley, this is not the 1st time a court case has been file against a  hospital and the judge ordered that the patient be given IVM. 

Few of the family talks about them on the site.  Hopefully you can still fine the tv news reports.   I have personally seen the TV news report or read the news paper.

IVM won a nobel prize as an essential medicine -for people.       Yes, it is also used to deworm animals.  

If anyone wants to know from reputable site, I think this is one of many.    These doctors are emergency and ICU physicians that have and are actually treating patients.

Many are professors.   Many highly published in their field.     I think I have seen the flccc site mentioned somewhere on one of the cov threads here in the past.

The page I'll link to is the testimonial page of the flccc.net site.  

https://covid19criticalcare.com/testimonials/

Shirley, there is a 14 page discussion specifically about Ivermectin..some videos have been removed by YouTube, but some remain.

Evidence for Ivermectin in COVID-19. Latest update 2021

https://jwtalk.net/topic/47798-evidence-for-ivermectin-in-covid-19-latest-update-2021/

cat2_e0.gif

A case back in may that ordered a women be given Ivermectin:

For 20 days, Dr. Alan Bain of Chicago drove to Elmhurst Hospital, usually after a full work day, to administer ivermectin to a critically ill woman named Nurije Fype, whose daughter, Desareta, sought and won two court orders for the COVID treatment. Dr. Bain had been asked to give the drug after other hospital physicians declined, despite the court's orders, to give the FDA-approved medication.

https://trialsitenews.com/a-doctor-reflects-on-the-fight-for-nurije-fypes-life-and-all-who-helped/

Update:

Mom is going through breathing trials! We decided to go with the trachea (early next week) as the safest choice cause she is breathing fast, and we don’t want to risk re-intubation! Slowly heading in a good direction!

To read about Mrs. Fype's legal and medical battle, click here.

I did and nothing happened.  There was no link to click. 

Im interested in learning more about how the ivermectin seemed to help.  Sometime more substantial than "she used Ivermectin and got better.". I want to know how she got better.  Did her breathing improve?  Did her pain diminish?  What exactly happened? 

I'm interested in learning how did the ivermectin function in regards a covid patient.  Did it dialate blood vessels? Did it reduce inflammation?  Did it dry fluid build up in the lungs?  What does the drug actually do in the fight against covid? 

Edited by Shawnster

I did and nothing happened.  There was no link to click. 

Im interested in learning more about how the ivermectin seemed to help.  Sometime more substantial than "she used Ivermectin and got better.". I want to know how she got better.  Did her breathing improve?  Did her pain diminish?  What exactly happened? 

I'm interested in learning how did the ivermectin function in regards a covid patient.  Did it dialate blood vessels? Did it reduce inflammation?  Did it dry fluid build up in the lungs?  What does the drug actually do in the fight against covid? 

Shawn, Perhaps listen to answer part of your question:
4 min.16 seconds to 4 minutes 33 seconds.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YqNH6GVAATY

cat2_e0.gif

Im interested in learning more about how the ivermectin seemed to help

Shawn, this is a good article..also available as pdf..

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41429-020-0336-z

Ivermectin: a systematic review from antiviral effects to COVID-19 complementary regimen

cat2_e0.gif

4 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Ivermectin; IVM (red block) inhibits and disrupts binding of the SARS-CoV-2 S protein at the ACE-2 receptors (green). The green dotted lines depict activation pathways and the red dotted lines depict the inhibition pathways. The TLR-4 receptors are directly activated by SARS-CoV-2 and also by LPS mediated activation (seen during ICU settings) causing activation of NF-Kb pathway and MAP3 Kinases leading to increased intranuclear gene expression for proinflammatory cytokines and chemokines (responsible for cytokine storm) and NO release (responsible for blood vessel dilatation, fluid leak, low blood pressure, ARDS and sepsis). The NF-Kb and STAT-3 pathway activation is central to the pathogenesis and sequelae of COVID-19. STAT-3 physically binds to PAK-1 and increases IL-6 transcription. The annexin A2 at the cell surface converts plasminogen; PLG to plasmin under the presence of t-PA. Plasmin triggers activation and nuclear translocation of STAT-3. An upregulation of STAT-3 stimulates hyaluronan synthase-2 in the lung cells causing hyaluronan deposition leading to diffuse alveolar damage and hypoxia. STAT-3 also directly activates TGF-beta initiating pulmonary fibrosis; a typical characteristic of SARS-COV-2 lung pathology. The damaged type 2 cells express PAI-1 and an already hypoxic state also causes an upregulation of PAI (through Hypoxic inducible factor-1) along with direct stimulation by STAT-3. Simultaneous STAT-3 and PAI-1 activation inhibits t-PA and urokinase-type plasminogen activator leading to thrombi formation. Also, the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein binds to the CD147 on red blood cells and causes clumping. IVM in turn, binds to SARS-CoV-2 Spike protein and hence prevents clumping. T cell lymphopenia in COVID-19 can also be attributed to the direct activation of PD-L1 receptors on endothelial cells by STAT-3. IVM directly inhibits the NF-kb pathway, STAT-3, and indirectly inhibits PAK-1 by increasing its ubiquitin-mediated degradation. The natural antiviral response of a cell is through interferon regulatory genes and viral RNA mediated activation of TLR-3 and TLR7/8- Myd88 activation of transcription of interferon-regulator (IRF) family. For a virus to establish an infection, this antiviral response needs to be inhibited by blocking interferon production. The proteins such as importin and KPNA mediate nuclear transport of viral protein and subsequent IFN signaling. The SARS-CoV-2 proteins (ORF-3a, NSP-1, and ORF-6) directly block IFN signaling causing the surrounding cells to become unsuspecting victims of the infection. IVM inhibits both importin a-b (green) as well as the KPNA-1 receptors (brown) causing natural antiviral IFN release. IVM also inhibits viral RdrP, responsible for viral replication. IVM Ivermectin, ACE-2angiotensin-converting-enzyme 2, LPSLipopolysaccharide, TLR Toll-like receptor, t-PA tissue-like plasminogen activator, PLG Plasminogen, IMPab Importin alpha-beta, Rdrp RNA dependant RNA polymerase, KPNA-1 Karyopherin Subunit Alpha 1, NF-kB nuclear factor kappa-light-chain-enhancer of activated B cells, Map3Kinases Mitogen-activated Kinases, PAK-1 P21 Activated Kinase 1, STAT-3Signal transducer and activator of transcription 3, PAI-1 Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1, HIF-1 Hypoxia-Inducible Factor

source: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41429-021-00430-5/figures/1

also Wikipedia explains the mechanism for IVM action

FA05C424-F55C-4194-A34C-FF0A4A39F0A7.jpeg

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

58 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Maybe @Sofiacan explain to me what they said using small words.  I'll have to listen to them explain it again

They say that IVM prevents the viral protein from Biding to the cell allowing the host imune system to get rid of the virus without replication ( no transcription is allowed)

Here in Portugal families with COVID-19 are being saved with ACICLOVIR molecule

its an anti viral used to treat herpes 

since herpes is usualy associated with covid all are doing well

none is being hospitalized and recover quick

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

A graphic! Now this I understand.  Thanks @Sofia

8 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Here in Portugal families with COVID-19 are being saved with ACICLOVIR molecule

its an anti viral used to treat herpes 

since herpes is usualy associated with covid all are doing well

none is being hospitalized and recover quick

What is your opinion on this course of treatment? The use of ivermectin to combat covid? 

26 minutes ago, ladybug said:

Ivermectin Mechanisms of Action.... Doctor explained in simpler terms

Also has links with studies.   Hopes this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZoBAuR4ajs

Thanks! Start at 6 minutes if unable to take the time to view entire video! Very entertaining as well!

cat2_e0.gif