JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

AWAKE #3 2021 - should you believe in a creator? You decide

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 876 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://jwtalk.net/topic/1450-jwtalk-community-membership-policy/?do=findComment&comment=821967

1) Do NOT mine JW.org or it's Akamai services for artwork and products that have not yet officially been released and post them as spoilers, sneak previews, here on JWTalk.

4 hours ago, happiness IS said:

Thank you

i can’t show it sorry 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

If this is incorrect post I ask the moderators to delete it please.

it was not at all my goal to do a wrong act 

my apologies 

🤦‍♀️😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢

1 hour ago, bohemian said:

Is it that you can’t show it because the membership policy asks you not to, or because the Faithful Slave asks you not to mine their servers?

The cover was sent to me

i don’t know how to mine

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

I'm not a moderator at all, but IMHO you didn't do anything wrong. True, the guidelines here at JWTalk are now that we're not supposed to share content from jw.org that isn't specifically "clickable" at the main jw.org website at the moment.
Some content is already uploaded on the services of jw.org, so with some "mining" you can find it.

Is it something that GB decided not to mine? No. But we are encouraged to have patience till information is publicly available. What one considers "available" is a gray area.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ELE-L29 met Tapatalk

9 hours ago, bohemian said:

The terms of use for jw.org state:

Does that constitute ‘mining’?  You decide.

You're right. If that sentence is there it's becasue the br's know about other methods of accessing the material that are being used. But the terms say to use only the methods explicitly provided, like the links on the jworg page (not implicitly, like going through the main door and not through the back door or an open window)

Edited by jayrtom

18 hours ago, Sofia said:

If this is incorrect post I ask the moderators to delete it please.

it was not at all my goal to do a wrong act 

Sofia, you did nothing wrong. JWTalk doesn't allow posting of materials that haven't been released yet but you can discuss whatever past, present or future publication you wish. We all want to do things correctly and can become sometimes a bit overzealous. :)

1 hour ago, carlos said:

Sofia, you did nothing wrong. JWTalk doesn't allow posting of materials that haven't been released yet but you can discuss whatever past, present or future publication you wish. We all want to do things correctly and can become sometimes a bit overzealous. :)

Just to clarify, @carlos, are you saying that it is ok to contravene the terms of use of jw.org - part quoted above - and discover future publications/videos (even if near future) and discuss them on the forum before their public availability on jw.org, as long as the publication or parts thereof are not actually posted here?

Just to clarify, @carlos, are you saying that it is ok to contravene the terms of use of jw.org - part quoted above - and discover future publications/videos (even if near future) and discuss them on the forum before their public availability on jw.org, as long as the publication or parts thereof are not actually posted here?

Sofia made it clear that someone sent her the pic. She didn’t “mine”.  She’s apologized. 
Let’s not beat a dead horse. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

21 minutes ago, BLEmom said:

Sofia made it clear that someone sent her the pic. She didn’t “mine”.  She’s apologized. 
Let’s not beat a dead horse. 

Please do not misunderstand my comment, Dawn.  There was no criticism of Sofia implicit in what I posted.

I understand entirely that Sofia did not “mine”, but I want clarification on the position jwtalk admins are taking on this issue.

I know posting material here that is not yet available is not allowed, but the FDS appear to be telling us “do not mine”.  Are we to ignore that, or be obedient?

Carlos’ comment about discussing future publications seems fine if that future publication has been publicly announced - such as the projected video on the life of Jesus, but it appears to me that discussion of a future publication discovered by “mining” would not be in line with the FDS request.

38 minutes ago, bohemian said:

Please do not misunderstand my comment, Dawn.  There was no criticism of Sofia implicit in what I posted.

I understand entirely that Sofia did not “mine”, but I want clarification on the position jwtalk admins are taking on this issue.

I know posting material here that is not yet available is not allowed, but the FDS appear to be telling us “do not mine”.  Are we to ignore that, or be obedient?

Carlos’ comment about discussing future publications seems fine if that future publication has been publicly announced - such as the projected video on the life of Jesus, but it appears to me that discussion of a future publication discovered by “mining” would not be in line with the FDS request.

Thank you for clarifying. 🙂

Truth be told, is there much conversation on things mined? Maybe the topic is entered but for the most part people don’t have much to say until it becomes linkable. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

5 minutes ago, Luigi62 said:

Screenshot_20211004-065919_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4445f600f19318fe373ecbc5e239b6cb.jpg

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

but I want clarification on the position jwtalk admins are taking on this issue.

Then please have a private discussion with the administrators about it. This thread is about the Awake magazine.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

26 minutes ago, Susan Cook said:

Yes,  but it has not been released now has it.

The Awake #3 magazine has not been released but the GB has saw fit to wet our appetites' by publishing the Subject Index in the back of the December Watchtower. That Watchtower has been released so the Subject Index is fair to discuss.  No one is forcing one to discuss the released Watchtower.  

Edited by rocket

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

11 hours ago, bohemian said:

What I am saying is that if we really need to correct someone it's better to do it privately so that we respect their dignity. :)

As for policy, we no longer allow posting "mined" publications before they become publicly available. But this is a discussion board. If someone received some information that is not confidential and they wish to discuss it, that's fine. On the other hand, it's kind of difficult to discuss a publication you haven't even seen. :)

On 10/5/2021 at 12:05 AM, carlos said:

On the other hand, it's kind of difficult to discuss a publication you haven't even seen. :)

But still we do have Annual Meeting discussion months before the actual event :loopy:

But I know what you mean 🙃

Anyway, I think this title is just great! People love these days to pick their own beliefs and wording of the title is gonna catch their attention. 

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

1 hour ago, Michał said:

But still we do have Annual Meeting discussion months before the actual event :loopy:

But I know what you mean 🙃

Anyway, I think this title is just great! People love these days to pick their own beliefs and wording of the title is gonna catch their attention. 

Also the BC this month features evolution. Kids are back to school. Food in proper time :)

On 10/4/2021 at 7:15 AM, rocket said:

The Awake #3 magazine has not been released but the GB has saw fit to wet our appetites' by publishing the Subject Index in the back of the December Watchtower. That Watchtower has been released so the Subject Index is fair to discuss.  No one is forcing one to discuss the released Watchtower.  

The subject index is fair to discuss of course, but perhaps not the cover picture though ( which was detailed in the OP and is clearly not publicly available yet, as it was obviously mined from the servers.) Maybe if the information was mined, and gets passed on, we should just keep it under wraps and not divulge it?

That #3 Awake may be a month away from release yet.