JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Australian Brothers and Sisters Back to Their Kingdom Halls on the 31st of October 2021

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 896 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Seems to be folks mostly in areas where dry summer is coming on, when viruses don't spread as much in the atmosphere  and/or where people are double vaxxed and it's still within the 6 months before booster is needed.

I suppose this might alter when winter comes on again/new variants emerge and damp weather helps viruses spread and boosters haven't arrived and infection rates start going up again.

Wonder if we will have a chance in the Lake District UK where we get rain regularly on odd days all year round that keeps the Lakes filled and only briefly get out of damp weather ever! 

Getting my booster in a fortnight. Infection rates here are among the highest in the country at present now winter is coming on. It's our flood season here - evacuated from our shop and told to go home while roads were not too flooded in the torrential rains last Thursday afternoon!

I strongly believe that this virus will never go way

Based on recent evidence 

we will have to live with this till Armagedom 

I also believe that it will cause less deaths and most bodies will deal well with it

The FDS will take the best decisions for Jehovah s people based on evidence and pilot programs like these 🤗🤗🤗

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

11 hours ago, Arnold said:

Any news of Spain or France ? There is pilot meeting in this countries ?

I haven't heard of any congregation in Spain being in the pilot program. Maybe there are some, but I haven't heard it.

The situation is France is quite bad, the number of infections there is skyrocketing. I doubt any in person meetings are held there by now.

2 hours ago, carlos said:

The situation is France is quite bad, the number of infections there is skyrocketing. I doubt any in person meetings are held there by now.

Brother @Dages mentioned in another topic that France wasn't having any in-person meetings. Too bad I can't find his post...

4 hours ago, carlos said:

I haven't heard of any congregation in Spain being in the pilot program. Maybe there are some, but I haven't heard it.

Skyrocketing is a bit strong. But we are starting a 4th wave yes (10k/day only for now). No rise in death though so that's nice.

11 hours ago, Dages said:

Skyrocketing is a bit strong. But we are starting a 4th wave yes (10k/day only for now). No rise in death though so that's nice.

The news here keep telling us how well Spain is doing with the virus and how bad the situation in the rest of Europe is. They may be exaggerating a bit to flatter the government. :)

11 minutes ago, carlos said:

The news here keep telling us how well Spain is doing with the virus and how bad the situation in the rest of Europe is. They may be exaggerating a bit to flatter the government. :)

They are probably very happy it isn't called the Spanish Flu again..😁

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

7 hours ago, shali said:

I just recently heard of someone in my area who was vaccinated AND got the booster shot and now has Covid. Too many starins of this virus to keep track of it seems.

Sad, but can happen. After taking the jab the person imune system becomes weaker for about 2 weeks at least. If the person doesnt take extra precautions ... yes. Catches COVID. Also... 5 to 10% vaccines may not work well. For many reasons. We must accept that vaccines efficacy is NOT 100%.

One reason is the cold conservation. Some vaccines are kept out of cold inadvertently and some professionals may not notice it or may hide it to keep them selves out of trouble. some vaccines are "dead" completely worthless and there´s absolutly no way to tell when you take the jab that the shot wont work.

From my experience I dont think variants are involved in this subject.

2 hours ago, carlos said:

ah ah!! they say the same about Portugal! :D but Im suspected....

I cant show any nationalist spirit. please forgive me.

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

They are probably very happy it isn't called the Spanish Flu again..😁

its the chinese "flu" :D