JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Australian Brothers and Sisters Back to Their Kingdom Halls on the 31st of October 2021

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 892 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

5 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

So we've had our last zoom meeting today 😭, and were given instructions for our next meeting on Tuesday at the hall:

1. Remain at home if unwell.  The zoom meeting will still be accessible, but at this stage not for participating.

2. Use the QR code for check in or use contact sheet.

3. Sanitise or wash hands when entering

4. The WA government recommends and encourages physical distancing of 1.5m, so we are not going to sit too close to each other, only family groups can.  So, no hugging.  There will be spacing between seats and rows.

5.  To keep the hall well ventilated, it was recommended to wear warm clothes as it will be chilly.  From now on, ventilation will mean the hall will be colder than what we're used to normally.

6. A new cleaning regime will be implemented in line with government requirements - touch points sanitised, etc

7.  There is no mask requirement by the government, but we are welcome to wear them if we want.

Please do let us know how your first in person meeting goes….🤗

7 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Use the QR code for check in or use contact sheet.

How does the QR code check in work? I've used a QR code check in on LDC projects and it logs you into the LDC Builders Assistant but how does that work at a KH?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

We use the same dedicated contact tracing app/QR code through out the whole country. We check into a public place and check out when we leave the place. I don't bother to do that. I just check in and check out at the same time. A real hassle but a necessary tool to keep track of the virus. We have to use the app before we enter a public area, say a mall and at every outlet in the mall, we have to again use the app and have our temperature taken. Even with these precautions, the virus is running out of control because the state borders have recently been removed and no one is doing any contact tracing. All these rules are only for show when the virus has gone into the community and is untraceable.

Edited by happiness IS

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

How does the QR code check in work? I've used a QR code check in on LDC projects and it logs you into the LDC Builders Assistant but how does that work at a KH?

Ours is run by the state, and every state in Australia has their own version. It logs when you enter a premise (we don’t do it when we leave), so that contact tracers know to contact you if there’s an outbreak. Then you can isolate and get tested and quarantine.

Edited by hatcheckgirl

50 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Ours is run by the state, and every state in Australia has their own version. It logs when you enter a premise (we don’t do it when we leave), so that contact tracers know to contact you if there’s an outbreak. Then you can isolate and get tested and quarantine.

Thanks, I had misunderstood that it was something set up by the brothers.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

22 minutes ago, mramirez720 said:

It does?!! I need that!

Conversation in the Kingdom Hall

Sister: Who was that young, wrinkle free brother giving a talk on zoom? 

Brother: That was me...

Sister: Pushes his arm ..you funny ..I mean the the good looking brother, 10 years younger than you...

Brother: I told you that was me... 

Sister: hmmm... 

Brother: Ok..ok ..I pressed "beautifying" button 🤣

Both laughing. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I tried wearing high heels today after almost two years and my feet wouldn't have it for 5 minutes! I'll be in crisis mode if I have to go back to my kingdom hall anytime soon. I always do my hair and makeup and put on a dress still but I haven't worn pantyhose or high heels in 2 years. And I kind of really enjoyed that, it's a uncomfortable experience on both counts. Argh! I better start preparing now so I can work my meeting shoe wearing up to 10 minutes! That should get me into the Kingdom Hall and back out again! LOL!

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I tried wearing high heels today after almost two years and my feet wouldn't have it for 5 minutes! I'll be in crisis mode if I have to go back to my kingdom hall anytime soon. I always do my hair and makeup and put on a dress still but I haven't worn pantyhose or high heels in 2 years. And I kind of really enjoyed that, it's a uncomfortable experience on both counts. Argh! I better start preparing now so I can work my meeting shoe wearing up to 10 minutes! That should get me into the Kingdom Hall and back out again! LOL!

Regular shoes are fine, though. High heels might “look good” but aren’t a necessity and are quite bad for you.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

So glad to know it is a common feeling of what/how to wear proper meeting clothes again.  Around 6 months ago I decided my covid weight gain had to go before our summer so thankfully I have lost a little weight.  It is definitely the shoe thing.  I broke out for the memorial this year and wore heels.  It nearly killed me.  I've grown to love my slides/flipflops/slippers and of course the occasional no camera because too tired to change thing.  Oh well we here in this part of the world haven't received direction to go back to the halls but I suppose it won't be too long.  Another friend in Launceston Tasmania is going back to the hall next week. 😵

On 10/24/2021 at 4:20 AM, Thesauron said:

High heels might “look good” but aren’t a necessity and are quite bad for you.

We had a sister that insisted on always wearing heels to the meeting, despite the fact she seemed to always fall down several times a month while trying standing up!

Recover Falling Down GIF

38 minutes ago, blue-jay said:

Interesting. I wonder if that's the case everywhere where meetings are back on?

From what I've read it appears this might be regulated by local government ordinances. For example, some governments may still be regulating the number of people that can meet together. 

22 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

We had another brilliant meeting yesterday, and had a young couple and their two children join us from the territory as well! The friends made them feel welcome. They had been studying the Bible all on their own, and had attended one assembly prior to the pandemic. Not sure how, but they found out about our meeting and joined us yesterday.

The service overseer and his wife, also a young couple, talked to them after the meeting and it looks as if they've accepted a personal study with them! They were among the last to leave as they chatted with everyone. Wow!

And a Bible student who has had many issues to overcome, was at the meeting, answered up and even was helping with the cleaning afterwards! He said he’s really trying to work towards baptism now.

We have a smallish congregation but the buzz at the meetings is really bursting with encouragement among ourselves, and seeing those interested ones there as well is just amazing!

Wow, wonderful. What a lovely report.

Looks like you do not miss Zoom meetings? :wave:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

35 minutes ago, Peak Pelka said:

For Zambia the pilot meetings are starting this week.

One thing I have learnt is that Kingdom halls selected are those in areas where vaccination rate is high and infection rate is low.

Here in Australia it seems to be very low, in fact zero infection but vaccination rates are lower compared to other areas of the country where infection is high.  We have 6 States and 2 Territories.  2 States have resumed.  There are 0 cases in those States.