JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Australian Brothers and Sisters Back to Their Kingdom Halls on the 31st of October 2021

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 898 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Just found out we are going back to our meetings n Western Australia on the 31st of this month! I’ve got use to zoom ….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Friends just call me Ross

Clarified title

Forgive freely as Jehovah Freely forgives us :)

Any possibility all the threads about the meeting pilot program could be merged into one thread so we don't have to g  searching for each experience?

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

48 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Any possibility all the threads about the meeting pilot program could be merged into one thread so we don't have to g  searching for each experience?

That might get confusing if each area has different circumstances and directions.

This thread could be retitled to include "Australia". Would that help?

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Done.   Thanks for the suggestion. :D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

6 hours ago, Qapla said:

Nope 🤣

6 hours ago, Tortuga said:

That might get confusing if each area has different circumstances and directions.

Each congregation in the pilot program could possibly have unique instructions. I'm anxious to see how this develops 

Just to clarify how different the situation is here in Australia, until a few months ago the whole of Australia was covid free, and except for a few incursions of the virus and some localised lockdowns, we haven’t had anything like the rest of the planet.

Then Delta hit. And the rest is history. Internal borders went up and enabled Western Australia to remain covid free. So our lives here have remained normal apart from no interstate travel (in or out of the state). The drive to vaccinate accelerated in the Eastern states as the only way out of their lengthy lockdown (since June/July). Here in the West we lag because of seemingly no urgency. But it’s still around 60% doubled vaccinated for the population over 12. And Sydney is 80% double vaccinated. But no congregations in Sydney are on the pilot program.

Western Australia (WA) is unique in having no covid until now, but will have to “live with covid” when our border opens up. That’s when I think instructions for meetings will adjust to what the superior authorities say, and we’ll have to see what that is.

8 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Western Australia (WA) is unique in having no covid until now, but will have to “live with covid” when our border opens up.

This is when situation with Covid-19 will eventually "level up" (could look for better expression hey? But I am tired so excuse me :P

Once the borders are open, cases will increase everywhere, therefore vaccination is a protection. 

I have heard on the news that WA introduced mandatory vaccination for at least 75% workforce , no jab, no job. 

So definitely they are getting ready for open economy.  

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

No, not at all. Our break out room discussions are buzzing with “what will I wear? I can’t fit my suits anymore!” Or “we can’t mute and unmute ourselves anymore!” And “oh my! I haven’t sung in public for over 18 months!” And yes, John, I personally will miss the beauty filter 😫

There will be zoom still, but it will be non-participation to begin with. Many of the elderly and sick have enjoyed the meeting again since zoom started, so it’s great it’s here to stay in some form.

Lastly, we had directions for our first meeting to still sit in family groups (ie social distance) and to use check in app, and practice hygiene as per both govt and organisational requirements. But all vaccinated and unvaccinated 100% capacity at our meetings here in WA. Apprehensive, but excited!

Edited by hatcheckgirl

Hee hee!  The elder who made this comment (regarding his suit) showed us how he can't button up the jacket anymore - more tubby around the chest/gut so he said he needs to buy another suit.  He did not mention how the waist is fitting 😄.  For me, nothing fits except a couple of elastic waist skirts.  Will need to buy some more clothes - so, that's a blessing too! 😜