JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

November 2021 Broadcast

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 841 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I just LOVED the segment on our history and how Jehovah has refined the organization. Some of the stuff mentioned I remember hearing from older faithful ones 🙂

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

31 minutes ago, Tony said:

Is this what the new scrolls will like?

4F0098FB-6F7E-4809-A2DE-28741E72F670.jpeg

Was thinking about the same 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

4 minutes ago, *Jack* said:

I just LOVED the segment on our history and how Jehovah has refined the organization. Some of the stuff mentioned I remember hearing from older faithful ones 🙂

Yes!! I remember some of them but most were new to me 😃

since next BC will be gileade s graduation and in January we will have the AM with some refinements I guess it was very much appropriated to have our hearts prepared for the new understandings.

being aware of the organization evolution is greatly important 

Jehovah s chariot is moving fast now

things are happening faster than ever 🤗🤗

I apreciate so much this BC

it was bro Splane s turn to introduce the GB update 9 wasn’t it?

well… we haven’t seen it so far 🙄

I also loved the kindest way he introduced bro Leon.

soon all gb will have other sheep instead of anointed.

good to know them & cherish them as well to obey them

later on.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, WilliamChew said:

I remember the written review. When the time was up, we were told the answers and we marked the answers ourselves. Just right or wrong. No points were tabulated.:sweat:

Before we got to grade them ourselves, we used to have to turn them in to the School Servant and he graded them, posted our grade in the Theocratic Minsitry School records (along with our attendance record) and then he returned the papers to us the next week.  There was a place at the top of the form to write your grade.  I have included an example of the test.  It is my personal copy  of the review I took just a couple of weeks after I turned 10 years old.  There were additional questions on the back.  Some questions were True/False and only earned 1 point.  Some were a Mix/Match  or Name the Scripture and were worth 2 points each.

If you can read any of the questions, think of a ten year-old answering (we were not allowed to use notes or references,  it was all memory).  Look at question #6- Name two things that natural religion can never explain.  I have cut out the answer from the What Has Religion Done For Mankind? textbook.

And YES I always answered "Present" at the roll call...🙂

exam.JPG

nr.JPG

Br. Splane mentioned that prior to 1959, the sisters did not have parts on the school or platform (maybe a demonstration).  But he did not go into any detail when it was allowed (encouraged for the sisters to share in giving student talks.  Here are two quotations from the 1958 talk Br. Knorr gave.

*** w59 2/15 p. 120 Divine Will International Assembly of Jehovah’s Witnesses ***

The thirty-minute discussion of “Theocratic School for Fearless Ministers” stirred up a sustained applause when the speaker, the Society’s president, sprang a surprise on his combined audience of 173,079 Friday night. What was it? That, from the beginning of 1959, sisters in the congregations were to be privileged to enroll in the weekly Theocratic Ministry School. They would then take part in the platform presentations to the extent of demonstrating how to give six-minute sermons to people at their homes, these sermons being based on an assigned number of pages in the new publication entitled “From Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained.” This was for the sisters a really serious assignment in the Theocratic Ministry School, for they were to be counseled afterward by the school servant on their presentation. This talk on how the program of the school will thus be expanded was followed by an hour-long platform demonstration of a School session that combined the new feature. There were the usual instruction talk and two student talks first by three brothers, but then at the close there came two six-minute sermons, each given by a sister from the Brooklyn Bethel headquarters family to another sister playing a counterpart. Each of the two sisters giving the sermons was then counseled by the school servant, the same as the two brothers giving student talks had been counseled.

*** w58 10/1 p. 591 Divine Will International Assembly of Jehovah’s Witnesses ***

On this same evening N. H. Knorr spoke on “Theocratic School for Fearless Ministers.” The good news is probably being preached today by more sisters than by men, Knorr said. To the delight of 173,079 persons in the audience Knorr proceeded to explain how sisters will be trained in the ministry school beginning January, 1959. He explained that sisters will give six-minute sermons in demonstration fashion. Irrepressible applause followed almost every point of explanation, showing that the sisters in the audience were indeed fearless ministers. This evening, like the others, teeming throngs were reluctant to go to their lodging places, for they found keen delight in remaining on the convention grounds, visiting with friends and talking about the blessings of “Fearless Ministry Day.”

I like how we are talking about our history... It's like a review of what we have done until now... It gives the impression that we are soon going to enjoy a new step and we need to remember where we started.

The new step is Paradise of course.

And yes, that big Bible in the song definitely gives a New scroll vibe.

I love this broadcasting so much

6 hours ago, Hanah45 said:

Sister Sofia, I appreciate your thought about how reviewing our history will prepare us for the adjustments in the Annual Meeting. 

🤗🤗🥰🥰🥰❤️

06:42 has a picture from 1965 of the ground floor of the Kingdom Hall in Singapore at Exeter Road. Another congregation will be having meetings upstairs.

Notice the chart besides the speaker. There used to be a goal to increase the number of publishers for the year and progress was kept of the monthly statistics. We were occasionally reminded to have the target in mind.

1671640429_OxleyKH.thumb.JPG.cbc01de8574c49dbffbbfdc54c883a3e.JPG

Edited by WilliamChew

2 minutes ago, WilliamChew said:

06:42 has a picture from 1965 of the ground floor of the Kingdom Hall in Singapore at Oxley Road. Another congregation will be having meetings upstairs.

Notice the chart besides the speaker. There used to be a goal to increase the number of publishers for the year and progress was kept of the monthly statistics. We were occasionally reminded to have the target in mind.

1671640429_OxleyKH.thumb.JPG.cbc01de8574c49dbffbbfdc54c883a3e.JPG

Thanks for that I was wondering what the board was in each photo. I remember some older once mentioning a chart with each publisher field service report for all to see. 

Is this board similar to that?

Here some things that was interesting.

1. I'm glad they had brother Weaver on there. He is up in age, yet they made him took look important in Jehovah's Organization.

2. I remember the written reviews. Even looking over someone shoulder to get the answers.

3. I believe the time that they did not  sing songs is around the time of Rutherford area. But you you hear it from me.

2 minutes ago, Luigi62 said:

Thanks for that I was wondering what the board was in each photo. I remember some older once mentioning a chart with each publisher field service report for all to see. 

Is this board similar to that?

The chart was the total for the congregation for each month. ( I think hours, RV, BS, magazines, books, etc ). Its not a chart of the  individual publisher.