JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

More Pandemic Trouble

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 902 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This doesn’t sound good at all.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/11/10/1054224204/how-sars-cov-2-in-american-deer-could-alter-the-course-of-the-global-pandemic?utm_source=npr_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=20211111&utm_term=5968195&utm_campaign=news&utm_id=53454414&orgid=545&utm_att1=

Scientists have evidence that SARS-CoV-2 spreads explosively in white-tailed deer, and the virus is widespread in this deer population across the U.S. 

Researchers say the findings are quite concerning and could have vast implications for the long-term course of the global pandemic.

Since SARS-CoV-2 first emerged, there have been several signs that white-tailed deer would be highly susceptible to the virus — and that many of these animals were catching it across the country. 

In September last year, computer models suggested SARS-CoV-2 could easily bind to and enter the deer's cells. A recent survey of white-tailed deer in the Northeast and Midwest found that 40% of them had antibodies against SARS-CoV-2.

Now veterinarians at The Pennsylvania State University have found active SARS-CoV-2 infections in at least 30% of deer tested across Iowa during 2020. The study, published online last week, suggests that white-tailed deer could become what's known as a reservoir for SARS-CoV-2. That is, the animals could carry the virus indefinitely and spread it back to humans periodically. 

If that's the case, it would essentially dash any hopes of eliminating or eradicating the virus in the U.S. — and therefore in the world — says veterinary virologist Suresh Kuchipudi at Penn State, who co-led the study.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

5 lions in the Singapore zoo fell sick with covid-19 too.

"Prof Fisher said the virus could also enter a mucosal surface when animals lick a contaminated surface.

Airborne spread in poorly ventilated, overcrowded animal places is also "quite possible", he said, pointing to the spread of COVID-19 in mink farms overseas."

How does a DEER come in contact with Covid in the first place? 🤔

I've never seen them at any super-spreader events like say...a Milwaukee BUCKS game.  🥸

:D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

25 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

How does a DEER come in contact with Covid in the first place? 🤔

I've never seen them at any super-spreader events like say...a Milwaukee BUCKS game.  🥸

:D 

Took you a while to think that one up, didn’t it? 🤣😂🤣

Edited by Loopy

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

Article is dated Nov 10, 2021.  What was taken from last year? I'm not following?

This has nothing to do with an article. This is just based on knowledge of how the last pandemic went, how there has never been a vaccine to eradicate a coronavirus, and how far the virus has spread. The signs were always there. The minute it was all over the world, the likelihood of it being stopped was next to none. The virus is just going to be around until the end and will eventually become less lethal. 

Edited by runner92