JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A Discord server for JW's?

3 minutes ago, Qapla said:

????????

A discord server is always open and can have text chats. You can easily check whos entered a call before joining and its aimed at voice chat with video as an option. Users can freely switch "rooms" within the server. And there is no limitation for chat length 

Edited by TheCplan

There has been some Discord chats before by members of JWT and there is a current Telegram chat ... as well as the Zoom Chats

We also had a text chat here on JWT and it was discontinued due to lack of interest and popular demand to let it die.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I belong to a couple Telegram chat and a couple WhatsApp chat group and I have a hard time thinking of them as socializing. We have been doing Zoom Chats here for going on two years and have got to know a lot of the friends from around the world. Seeing someone's face and their reactions is so much better that trying to understand text, IMHO. 

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

2 hours ago, rocket said:

I belong to a couple Telegram chat and a couple WhatsApp chat group and I have a hard time thinking of them as socializing. We have been doing Zoom Chats here for going on two years and have got to know a lot of the friends from around the world. Seeing someone's face and their reactions is so much better that trying to understand text, IMHO. 

I have dropped in for a Zoom chat for 5 min in the past, enjoyed it.

Since then there is a  "time conflict" that prevents me from attending ..busy with work and taking groups for the ministry.

But I am planning to find time in the future...the chats are great! 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I usually hold my chat at 9 PM EST - would an hour either way be better? I could try different times on different days

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On 12/25/2021 at 4:15 AM, rocket said:

Yeah, its more personal 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2022 at 6:41 AM, Hinata said:

What would you like to talk about in a Discord chat with brothers?

I’ve been thinking about the risks of social media and why discord might be an issue. I think discord might provide a more private place more ideal for apostate grooming. The reason zoom and this place is better is that it’s more public. Text is also less likely to have a social influence

10 hours ago, TheCplan said:

I’ve been thinking about the risks of social media and why discord might be an issue. I think discord might provide a more private place more ideal for apostate grooming. The reason zoom and this place is better is that it’s more public. Text is also less likely to have a social influence

I agree with that too personally. But that being said, I do use Discord platform too from time to time. I agree with your first post reasoning on that it may be a nice alternative for those who might not want to be in a zoom chat. Some just prefer text chats more. And it is a bit more personal and private, which may be better suited for a introverted people.

I don’t think there is a Discord server for JWs, nor even if there is, I will ever join one or make one, I am not sure it would be a good idea nor it would grow well. But if anyone wants to add me, feel free to send me a message.