JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2022 Governing Body Update #2

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 680 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

8 minutes ago, Sofia said:

This will be super useful for our family worship next week 😉

We used this morning to discuss the update, because next Monday should be our March Monthly Broadcast and that will be the focus of our weekly family worship.  So many good things to schedule in our lives.

Edited by jwhess

The update was so good! I appreciated the information about Russia/Ukraine and the KOTN. Can someone please let me know which talk from the 2018 annual meeting mentioned Russia taking over Crimea, perhaps a time stamp or the part of the video where it mentions it. I figure it’s from brother Morris’ or Sanderson’s talk. About to leave the house and don’t have time to look.

Thanks 🙂

Edited by *Jack*

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

51 minutes ago, halfspanishlee said:

Lol yes a pdf the convention talks? Not the program the actual talks 

Do you mean the transcripts of all the talks? The whole 2021 convention?

They were all posted in the Transcripts topic, starting at this post. You'll have to fish through the subsequent posts from the following weeks to find the rest of the convention.

I really liked report 2, especially when it starts alluding to when the king of the north was first identified in 2018 they were very aware then the GB that the king of the north would follow with his invasion, brother Sanderson said: "The King the North is interested in other territories as indicated by the prophecy of Daniel 11.
I think it refers to verse 40, it is interesting and worrying at the same time for the people of God, if Russia wants to recover the countries that used to belong to the former USSR.

Edited by Domin

4 hours ago, *Jack* said:

Can someone please let me know which talk from the 2018 annual meeting mentioned Russia taking over Crimea

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=share&wtlocale=E&lank=pub-jwb_201901_4_VIDEO
minute 4:20 🤗

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

2 hours ago, Domin said:

I really liked report 2, especially when it starts alluding to when the king of the north was first identified in 2018 they were very aware then the GB that the king of the north would follow with his invasion, brother Sanderson said: "The King the North is interested in other territories as indicated by the prophecy of Daniel 11.
I think it refers to verse 40, it is interesting and worrying at the same time for the people of God, if Russia wants to recover the countries that used to belong to the former USSR.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Russia invade Crimea in 2014?

2 hours ago, Domin said:

Br. Domingo, I am sure you are just referring to the last King of the North as being identified.  But we have had (and identified KOTN as foretold by Daniel) since 300 BCE, which is more than 2300 years.  The chart below needs a little adjustment from the Daniel book but it outlines the general situation.

*** it-2 p. 616 Persia, Persians ***

Seleucus Nicator seems to be the one with whom the prophetic figure of the “king of the north” of Daniel’s prophecy first begins to manifest itself,

First King of the North began about 300 BCE

Daniel Prophecy book [Chart/Picture on page 284]

KINGS IN DANIEL CHAPTER 11

The King of                  The King of

the North                    the South

Daniel 11:5       Seleucus I Nicator       Ptolemy I

Daniel 11:6       Antiochus II                  Ptolemy II

(wife Laodice)                (daughter Berenice)

Daniel 11:7-9     Seleucus II                   Ptolemy III

Daniel 11:10-12   Antiochus III               Ptolemy IV

Daniel 11:13-19   Antiochus III               Ptolemy V

(daughter Cleopatra I)     Successor: Ptolemy VI

Successors:

Seleucus IV and

Antiochus IV

Daniel 11:20      Augustus

Daniel 11:21-24   Tiberius

Daniel 11:25, 26  The Roman Empire  breaks down

Aurelius & Zenobia are no longer counted

Daniel 11:27-30a  German Empire              Britain, followed by

(World War I)                  the Anglo-American World Power                                                   

Daniel 11:30b, 31 Hitler’s Third Reich         Anglo-American

(World War II)                 World Power

Daniel 11:32-43   Communist bloc              Anglo-American

Cold War)                       World Power

Daniel 11:44, 45  Yet to rise                      Anglo-American

RUSSIA & Allies           World Power

3 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Daniel 11:32-43   Communist bloc              Anglo-American

Cold War)                       World Power

Daniel 11:44, 45  Yet to rise                      Anglo-American

RUSSIA & Allies           World Power

KOTN                                    KOTS

Daniel 11:40, 45           RUSSIA & Allies             Anglo-American

World Power

Right? 😉 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

29 minutes ago, Sofia said:

KOTN                                    KOTS

Daniel 11:40, 45           RUSSIA & Allies             Anglo-American

World Power

Right? 😉 

I am not sure of the question.  Verse 40 refers to the "pushing".  But all of the KOTN participants have been pushing and even more so in "the time of the end".  Our video from the Daniel presentation shows the pushing in various contexts but especially in Stalin's USSR and onward.  I think the chart was trying to pick a verse (44-45) about the "unknown" KOTN which they were trying to determine before 2018.

If I have misunderstood your question, ask again.

...speak slowly...I am almost 75 years of age....😁

The video cited shows each verse on the right side of the screen and its application in the scenes as they pass by in the video.  Verse 40 is shown with the USSR after WW2.  look about the 3:25 minute mark.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODBibleAccounts/pub-jwb-080_10_VIDEO

dan11.JPG

Edited by jwhess

30 minutes ago, jwhess said:

I am not sure of the question.  Verse 40 refers to the "pushing".  But all of the KOTN participants have been pushing and even more so in "the time of the end".  Our video from the Daniel presentation shows the pushing in various contexts but especially in Stalin's USSR and onward.  I think the chart was trying to pick a verse (44-45) about the "unknown" KOTN which they were trying to determine before 2018.

If I have misunderstood your question, ask again.

...speak slowly...I am almost 75 years of age....😁

The video cited shows each verse on the right side of the screen and its application in the scenes as they pass by in the video.  Verse 40 is shown with the USSR after WW2.  look about the 3:25 minute mark.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODBibleAccounts/pub-jwb-080_10_VIDEO

dan11.JPG

I was citing a talk. Thank you for the video 🤗

nevertheless it was explained in 2018 that verse 41 KOTN is already Russia and its Allie’s 😉

15 minutes ago, Sofia said:

I was citing a talk. Thank you for the video 🤗

nevertheless it was explained in 2018 that verse 41 KOTN is already Russia and its Allie’s 😉

Thanks for the explanation.  I am sure the pushing that started in 1914 and continued throught the USSR is continuing even in our day.  So verse 40 was not specifically selected by Jehovah 2500 years ago to speak only about Vladimir Putin or Russia today.  It does apply now but also at another times.

Your point about is is from the 2018 talk (it is current) but the video is 2021.  (would that be currenter? more current? updated? or whatever)...🙂

6 hours ago, BibleSteve said:

Hi Jack the title is "Annual meeting 2018-Talks and 2019 year text" its the one that is 53:13 minutes long and its the first talk

Thanks. I watched it. I totally missed that the first time!

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

12 hours ago, GoldAussieGirl said:

Talk about an awesome update. Got the tears flowing that’s for sure.  Our dear brothers - persecution & natural disasters. Let’s hope we are about to see the outbreak of the GT 

It’s clear from Bro Sanderson’s tone, especially at the very beginning and the very end that they are expecting SOMETHING to happen. Let us pray and hope that something is the GT. But one thing is clear those concluding comments, like the annual meeting final parts, those 3 videos we received last month (GB update 1, Peace and Security, and about the GT), the watchtower that weekend (How Strong will your faith be) and the watchtower this weekend, have been a rousing call to action and a huge warning sign. I am PRAYING that we all get the sense of what the spirit is saying and brace for impact!!!! 

It’s clear how quickly the world can change. The pandemic and the war have taught us that. One of these days will be ‘normal’ then the next will be the GT. Lets keep our faith strong. 

What a beautiful update. It is so nice to see how much the GB love us and look after our brothers and sisters around the world. And those comments from those that had lost houses etc in the natural disasters 😢 beautiful 

Edited by Luisabola

9 hours ago, Anthony said:

It’s clear from Bro Sanderson’s tone, especially at the very beginning and the very end that they are expecting SOMETHING to happen. Let us pray and hope that something is the GT. But one thing is clear those concluding comments, like the annual meeting final parts, those 3 videos we received last month (GB update 1, Peace and Security, and about the GT), the watchtower that weekend (How Strong will your faith be) and the watchtower this weekend, have been a rousing call to action and a huge warning sign. I am PRAYING that we all get the sense of what the spirit is saying and brace for impact!!!! 

Re: your comment about beginning and end,, I didn’t sense that