JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia invades Ukraine

7 hours ago, Michał said:

I read an opinion peace citing a Polish law scholar and judge (Ireneusz Kamiński) who says that this verdict sets a legal precedence to suspend Russian veto in UN Security Council voting on Ukraine and consequently may suspend Russia as a member of the UN.

We shall see how it plays out.

Polish article: https://wiadomosci.onet.pl/tylko-w-onecie/trybunal-w-hadze-orzekl-nielegalny-atak-rosji-skutki-moga-isc-naprawde-daleko/rj394bb

Wow this from the article: W przypadku uporczywego naruszania przez Rosję Karty Narodów Zjednoczonych w przyszłości nie da się wykluczyć nawet wyrzucenia jej z Rady Bezpieczeństwa ONZ 

English - very short version: In the future (Russia) potentially faces removal from Security Council. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

13 minutes ago, Jonadab said:

ATUALIZAÇÃO #3 | O amor fraternal prevalece em meio à crise em curso na Ucrânia

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/ukraine/UPDATE-3-Brotherly-Love-Prevails-Amid-Ongoing-Crisis-in-Ukraine/

Effect on Our Brothers and Sisters

• 4 publishers have died

• 19 publishers have been injured

• 29,789 publishers have fled their homes to safer areas within the country

• 45 homes were destroyed

• 84 homes sustained major damage

• 366 homes sustained light damage

• 16 Kingdom Halls were damaged

Relief Efforts

• 27 DRCs are operating in Ukraine

• 20,981 publishers were assisted directly by the DRCs to find safer accommodations

• 11,973 publishers have fled to other countries and are being assisted by fellow worshippers

https://foreignpolicy.com/2022/03/12/putins-thousand-year-war/

Yet another article detailing Putin's motives in this war. I found it interesting because it highlights the religious connection to his motivation, prominently features the Russian Orthodox Church in the photos, and mentions the historical connections to the Byzantine and Roman empires. Sound familiar?

The travel out has really been harrowing. I had some contact via my friend in Canada of 4 sisters who fled Ukraine and were on their way to France via Romania. One of the sisters was really worried about their future, and had to be comforted from another sister. She reassured her that now was the time to see Jehovah's hands through the help of the brothers and sisters. The main contact herself was full of exhaustion, worried about their traveling, and couldn't eat, but at least she had arrangements already made in France ( I had offered us as an option to come to.) It is sad about the report of the 4 publishers that died. I hope the brothers who are still left there are getting enough food, are not hurt, and staying warm somehow. 🙏

- Read the Bible daily 

Phil.2:5

7 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

They certainly do. And they known that for decades, just not the Biblical aspect. But they also know there's a multitude of players whose allegiance is ... Fluid. South doesn't expect China to join their team, but they still want China going a bit more their way than North's way.

The funny thing, to me, is that China has wanted to be one of the big two for decades but it looks like they'll never manage that.

This is a nice video which taught me a lot about all the old rivalries that play into what is happening now…

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

On 3/17/2022 at 6:00 AM, New World Explorer said:

Wow this from the article: W przypadku uporczywego naruszania przez Rosję Karty Narodów Zjednoczonych w przyszłości nie da się wykluczyć nawet wyrzucenia jej z Rady Bezpieczeństwa ONZ 

English - very short version: In the future (Russia) potentially faces removal from Security Council. 

It will be very difficult to see any change at UN - namely expelling Russia and/or Removing/exchanging the veto power.

All 5 P5 had to agree... 😕 

quick source:

https://ask.un.org/faq/140440

But for Jehovah NOTHING is impossible. He knows how to lead the way to BTG destruction. It will be in a way we are not seeing right now....

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 3/17/2022 at 2:57 PM, Dustparticle said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if the North king became just Russia and he ended up with no helper. - Dan 11:45

It also wouldn’t surprise me if we proclaimed this will happen in a special campaign and that is why he turns his attention to us. - Dan 11:44

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

5 minutes ago, Cool Cat said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if the North king became just Russia and he ended up with no helper. - Dan 11:45

It also wouldn’t surprise me if we proclaimed this will happen in a special campaign and that is why he turns his attention to us. - Dan 11:44

Nice scenario, though our publication explains KOTN will pounce at us because of the judgment message.

Things might change. 

Correction :  What he hears “out of the sunrising” may well refer to this act of Jehovah, when he puts it into the hearts of human leaders to annihilate the great religious harlot.

Edited by VisualizeUrParadise

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

21 hours ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

What he hears “out of the sunrising

Yes

GB always explained that way

curious that what seems to have triggered this raging invasion was the news from EASTERN European countries to join NATO… 🤔

5E2BC5FC-A806-4AB4-9033-2B07AB01E1D1.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Sofia said:

John 15:13 I remember that being used by the Anglican church for a D-Day ceremony, it's probably being misused by most false christian denominations at one point or another.

1 hour ago, Lee49 said:

These guys will wished they stayed in space after their leader sees what colors they wore!

2022-03-19_17h58_48.png

With the head of Roscosmos, Dmitry Rogozin, being a pro-Putin white supremist that took guts. They may be hoping for a change in regime before they return. 

I found this opinion piece on the relationship Putin has with the Roc interesting, as it ties it in with the basic Muslim extremism religious thinking - the West are all infidels and “faith in God” needs to triumph. This has been a reoccurring theme occurring in Russian and other Islamic states history, that have dabbled in some form of democracy, and then returned to their roots. The West has lost its moral compass, as they see it, and they see no choice but to destroying the corrupt west.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-20/vladimir-putin-invasion-ukraine-politics-holy-war/100921102

“Along with Putin, Patriarch Kirill has revived the idea of "Russian World". What political scientist Lena Surzhko Harned recently described as a joint mission of church and state, "of making Russia a spiritual, cultural and political centre of civilisation to counter the liberal, secular ideology of the West".

Vladimir Putin believes the West is decadent. He believes the West has turned away from God and he is a defender of the faith. 

The man described as "Putin's brain", one of the most influential thinkers in modern Russia, Aleksandr Dugin, says the West is the Antichrist. 

Religion can be used as the "foundation of identity". She cites political Islam as an example of how faith can emerge as "a modern technique of governmentality".

The Islamic world has adopted — or had forced upon them — Western notions of the modern state but faith remains critical to public life and identity.

Radical Islam takes it even further, striking back at the West. Osama bin Laden's September 11 terrorist attacks on the United States shook the West from its complacency that the world had moved on from wars of religion.

Putin in his own way is not so different to Osama bin Laden, someone for whom faith was a weapon.”

Etc etc etc…. Until Jehovah does what he prophesied and in an instant they all turn of the filthy harlot.

Correction :  What he hears “out of the sunrising”

nwtsty now writes it this way: “But reports out of the east and out of the north will disturb him"...

As with many prophecies, we will see it more clearly from the perspective of hindsight.

Old (Downunder) Tone

1 hour ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

nwtsty now writes it this way: “But reports out of the east and out of the north will disturb him"...

As with many prophecies, we will see it more clearly from the perspective of hindsight.

emoji3073.pngOld (Downunder) Tone emoji854.png

Couldn't have said it better myself. Hindsight is always 20/20 vision 😉....Of course, the GB will tell us anyway, when Jah wants us to know

26 minutes ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

There's been talk of this for a while now. The Russian army/air force has already been using their land for transit, launching missiles and a hospital and crematorium. Even if the Belarus army doesn't invade they've successfully tied up Ukrainian troops and equipment which eases things for the Russian army.

If Belarus does invade, for the sake of their lives I hope their soldiers take note of how the war has been going so far and take suitable precautions.

16 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

I found this opinion piece on the relationship Putin has with the Roc interesting

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-20/vladimir-putin-invasion-ukraine-politics-holy-war/100921102

I haven't heard anyone else say this yet so I'll just say it now.

We know Daniel 11:31 "put in place the disgusting thing that causes desolation" refers to the UN so everything after is post WW2 and it seems the two KOTN's duplicate each other (pushing, expansion, persecuting Jehovah's people) but there's another similarity 

Daniel. 11:37,38

He will show no regard for the God of his fathers; nor will he show regard for the desire of women or for any other god, but he will magnify himself over everyone. 38 But instead he will give glory to the god of fortresses

Soviet Union rejected the Orthodox church for atheistic communism and militarism.

Putin's father was an atheist. He has literally and symbolically turned his back in the atheist "God" of his Father's for the Orthodox Church and militarism.

This could be a coincidence as the Society hasn't officially stated it yet, but it seems solid to me.