JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia invades Ukraine

9 hours ago, MichiganMan said:

The article does not say trust a particular news source. While the BBC probably does better on average with facts, No news media is immune to propaganda. For example what the BBC life sciences says about evolution is rubbish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't say, or even imply, that it did.  Nor did I say, or imply, that the BBC doesn't get it wrong. 

However, as news sources go, the BBC is one of the more trustworthy for reporting, as you yourself acknowledge, and if I am going to any worldly news source, I would rather go there and/or a couple of other fairly reliable sources, than pop on to social media or other spurious information outlets - where stories about fictional planes, amongst other fantasies, are bandied around. 

Life sciences is not news media and you can't compare apples with oranges.  Show me one nature documentary that discusses life coming about by a creator.  Obviously whatever any program says about evolution is going to be rubbish, whether it is on the BBC or any other channel.   

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

Of You want to be informed first you need to

get the facts (Reuters or Associated press are good sources because they don’t  comment), and then

get the context - that’s much more difficult - and finally you can try to

draw the conclusion 

I’m not into military but I remember that after some 2-3 weeks it was reported that Ukrainians army destroyed/rendered useless/captured some 100 (or 200 - font remember exactly) tanks. I thought “wow! They’re gonna win it soon” and then my wife showed me a video interview with an analyst. He said that Russia has about in this campaign about 12000 tanks so they even didn’t notice this loss. Given this context it was easier for me to understand that this war will drag much longer and cause more suffering. 

Edited by Michał

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

3 minutes ago, Michał said:

Of You want to be informed first you need to

get the facts (Reuters or Associated press are good sources because they don’t  comment), and then

get the context - that’s much more difficult - and finally you can try to

draw the conclusion 

I’m not into military but I remember that after some 2-3 weeks it was reported that Ukrainians army destroyed/rendered useless/captured some 100 (or 200 - font remember exactly) tanks. I thought “wow! They’re gonna win it soon” and then my wife showed me a video interview with an analyst. He said that Russia has about in this campaign about 12000 tanks so they even didn’t notice this loss. Given this context it was easier for me to understand that this war will drag much longer and cause more suffering. 

That number of 12,000 tanks is deceptive. Only a few hundred are battle ready, some of the greater number are 50 years old, the majority may not be that old but are way outdated.

That being said It doesn't take very many tanks to demonstrate man's inhumanity to man.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

28 minutes ago, Old said:

That number of 12,000 tanks is deceptive. Only a few hundred are battle ready, some of the greater number are 50 years old, the majority may not be that old but are way outdated.

That being said It doesn't take very many tanks to demonstrate man's inhumanity to man.

And NATO sent more than 10k antitank weaponry to Ukraine.

2 hours ago, Old said:

Thank you for providing more context. 

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

It makes me sad to see so much suffering, and sheer destruction associated with this war.

And about what? Political ego? Influence over territories? So many people on both sides lost lives.

Both sides can bring more military equipment and the cycle repeats... more destruction, more lives lost. 

This war is really wicked, and I cannot wait for a time when wicked will not be allowed to walk and breath on this beautiful planet. Daniel 2:44 is so dear to my heart right now. Now I truly understand that there is no other way around...those "worldly Kingdoms" must be crushed. And Satan is truly a person deprived of any morality, he is a "shell" filled with anger and wickedness. 

I hope that this war will lead to fulfilment of the "Peace and Security" prophecy, and if not, we are not that far anyway. 

Photos below: Satan's world in contrast to Jehovah's world. 

download.jpg

3938471.jpg

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

GENEVA (AP) — The former chief prosecutor of United Nations war crimes tribunals for the former Yugoslavia and Rwanda has called for an international arrest warrant to be issued for Russian President Vladimir Putin.

“Putin is a war criminal,” Carla Del Ponte told the Swiss newspaper Le Temps in an interview published Saturday.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ex-icc-prosecutor-urges-global-133143045.html

Seems that quite a few people are calling Putin a criminal. What would happen if he was arrested? What are the chances of this actually happening? 

28 minutes ago, Saffron said:

GENEVA (AP) — The former chief prosecutor of United Nations war crimes tribunals for the former Yugoslavia and Rwanda has called for an international arrest warrant to be issued for Russian President Vladimir Putin.

“Putin is a war criminal,” Carla Del Ponte told the Swiss newspaper Le Temps in an interview published Saturday.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ex-icc-prosecutor-urges-global-133143045.html

Seems that quite a few people are calling Putin a criminal. What would happen if he was arrested? What are the chances of this actually happening? 

Never in Russia. Putin passed a law in 2020 that forbids a president or former president t be accountable for war crimes /crimes against humanity. Unless his regime changes... no one will hand him over to international justice.

Nevertheless this thing can prevent him from leaving Russia... Outside Russia he could be arrested if crimes were proven. 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10652175/amp/Putin-declared-9-END-war-Ukraine-Kyiv-official-claims.html

like previously written here Putin is superstitious and bases his important dates on previous ones

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

The Russian Federation is excluded from the Council of Europe

and now https://unwatch.org/new-push-to-oust-russia-from-u-n-rights-council/

The draft resolution would need to be formally submitted by a UN member state, and to receive two-thirds of General Assembly members present and voting. 

20 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Everyday we wake up to unimaginable horror. I read the news and wept while I prayed. It’s beyond atrocities. We must be so close to the end, humans have reached the bottom of depravity. 

So true 

it’s been so depressing and disturbing 

we need the Kingdom here NOW! Satan is mad

never been so furious 

his time must be too

short very little short

5 hours ago, Sofia said:

The Russian Federation is excluded from the Council of Europe

and now https://unwatch.org/new-push-to-oust-russia-from-u-n-rights-council/

The draft resolution would need to be formally submitted by a UN member state, and to receive two-thirds of General Assembly members present and voting. 

I'm not sure how this works. What do they have to do to get Russia out of the UN Security Council? Or is that impossible unless there's other changes made first? (They're called "permanent" members.)

This 'appears' to be true as it seems to be on every newspaper in the Western world, though of course it could just as easily be a pack of lies. However, the story does appear in The Times UK, which tends to be one of the slightly more responsible/trustworthy/reliable ones for reporting but you have to subscribe, with money, to be able to view the whole story on there. (just clarifying for those who are worried that I'm sharing propaganda/fake news).

So I am sharing it from one of our state media outlets.

This is from a Ukranian intelligence service. 

Russian soldiers die after eating poisoned pastries

Russian troops near Kharkiv died after eating poisoned stuffed buns given to them as ‘gifts’ by Ukrainian citizens, a Ukrainian intelligence agency has claimed.

Another 28 Russian troops are in intensive care after the poisoning with several hundred others also suffering from ‘severe illnesses’ after drinking poisoned alcohol given to them by civilians.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ukrainian-villagers-kill-russian-soldiers-poison-pies-67w727fz5

I feel somewhat bemused by this as I cannot imagine deliberately giving poisoned food or drink to anyone, not even my worst enemy, which Russian soldiers obviously are to Ukaranians.  I get the pain and anguish these people must be feeling at what is happening in their towns and villages, but I find this sort of action is beyond the pale.  I don't know that I could sleep at night knowing I had deceived people into thinking I was doing them a kindness when I was really attempting to kill them.

To be able to do something like that, their hatred must be palpable.

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

6 hours ago, Sheep said:

out of the UN Security Council?

No, sister, it´s the Human Rights Council ....

50 minutes ago, Sofia said:

No, sister, it´s the Human Rights Council ....

Excuse me. I'm a brother. :tsk:

Okay, I understand the article you posted mentions the UN Human Rights Council. It's no wonder they got excluded from that. But my question was: Have they been trying to find a way to get Russia out of the UN Security Council. It's there that Russia continues to veto virtually everything the other nations want to do to end the Ukraine war.

I have accidentally run into ugly photos of mass graves and bodies laying around while browsing news sites. Is there no bottom to this? I truly hope that Putin does not drag this out for another month. 

As far as poison pastries go, I'm not surprised. Russians have entered their neighborhoods to rape, kill, torture, or whatever else. They are doing what they feel they must do to protect themselves. If in the world with no hope at all, I honestly could not say what I would or would not do, especially when it comes to protecting my children. 

Haven’t you all seen the videos of Ukrainian soldiers deliberately shooting Russian POWs in the knees, foot or groin? 

There are atrocious acts being committed on BOTH SIDES of this war. Neither side is innocent, so this is why WE NEED TO NE NEUTRAL. 

I see many comments from the members here that are CLEARLY NOT NEUTRAL..... 

34 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

Haven’t you all seen the videos of Ukrainian soldiers deliberately shooting Russian POWs in the knees, foot or groin? 

There are atrocious acts being committed on BOTH SIDES of this war. Neither side is innocent, so this is why WE NEED TO NE NEUTRAL. 

Can you PM me the source for such videos?  I've never run into a single one, or even heard of such atrocities being committed.  I regularly talk to a Russian brother who lives a few hours drive from the Ukrainian border, and he knows more than I do about what's going on.  He's never talked about Ukrainian soldier's atrocities.  He's only told me about the Russian soldiers atrocities.

43 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

see many comments from the members here that are CLEARLY NOT NEUTRAL 

If I'm some of the members here, I'll  be happy to clarify. I don't wish for anything other than the end to come so this nonsense would stop. An end to the war would do for now, but obviously that's not happening. 

I'm sure details of who killed and maimed who could be pieced together through other sources, but the one that I was responding to was an article about Ukranians poisoning Russians. It's located a couple of comments above mine.  

My point was that I can't say for sure what I would have done (as a non-witness in the world) if I was sitting there minding my business when a bunch of armed men who have been raping and killing people burst into my neighborhood with an intent to do the same to my family. You'd be surprised what adrenaline can make you do when your mind has not been made over by teachings from the Bible.

The fact of the matter is that people these days attack people for cutting them off on a highway, during arguments, even for the fun of it. So why exactly should it be surprising that there would be a reaction like this to people storming their neighborhoods with guns and explosive devices? 

If anyone would like to discuss my perceived lack of neutrality, please shoot me a p.m. so we don't derail the thread. 

56 minutes ago, coolbrz731 said:

Can you PM me the source for such videos?  I've never run into a single one, or even heard of such atrocities being committed.  I regularly talk to a Russian brother who lives a few hours drive from the Ukrainian border, and he knows more than I do about what's going on.  He's never talked about Ukrainian soldier's atrocities.  He's only told me about the Russian soldiers atrocities.

I PM’d you..

2 hours ago, zoebarry said:

Thats why the GB says to watch the news once a day.  We can unwittingly become angry at this senseless war and unknowingly start to take sides or have opinions.   The spirit of this world is pervasive.  Our Government is the Kingdom! 

I only know one thing, my brothers in Ukraine had to leave their homes and their country to survive and many died, I only know that my brothers in Russia are imprisoned and are persecuted and tortured, I only know that the King of God is the only solution to all these injustices, I usually report what is in the media that is aligned with the fulfillment of prophecies, but most certainly neither side of the war is right, and in this crossfire are our dear brothers, let the urgent Kingdom come !