JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia invades Ukraine

I liked to read these thoughts bearing in mind last verses of chapter 11 Daniel book + 1 tess.5:3

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/04/29/opinions/may-9-putin-victory-war-nixey/index.html

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

10 minutes ago, Sofia said:

I liked to read these thoughts bearing in mind last verses of chapter 11 Daniel book + 1 tess.5:3

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/04/29/opinions/may-9-putin-victory-war-nixey/index.html

I wonder what is more important? His announcement on May, 9

, or the sayings in Daniel 11:44,45 and Revelation 16:21? 

6 hours ago, Sofia said:

Possible scenario: 

• Putin could announce the mass mobilisation of Russians on 9 May, Ben Wallace, the UK defence secretary, has said. Wallace said that Putin could declare that “we are now at war with the world’s nazis and we need to mass mobilise the Russian people”.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, New World Explorer said:

Possible scenario: 

• Putin could announce the mass mobilisation of Russians on 9 May, Ben Wallace, the UK defence secretary, has said. Wallace said that Putin could declare that “we are now at war with the world’s nazis and we need to mass mobilise the Russian people”.

In fact something is going to happen on may 9th.... Putin will need to say something to his Russian population... Either a big lie (declaration of victory) or intensify the attacks. Putin fears the international aid, which delays more and more his plans. The more time passes by the more weapons Ukraine will receive. This is getting him furious. 

Will Putin invade other nations? He has announced the de-nazification of the world must take place...

It´s possible these next 2 weeks be full of shellings and other intense war. :( 

The GB daily text for may 10th is very significant... (DAN. 11:44)

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

9 hours ago, Sofia said:

In fact something is going to happen on may 9th.... Putin will need to say something to his Russian population... Either a big lie (declaration of victory) or intensify the attacks. Putin fears the international aid, which delays more and more his plans. The more time passes by the more weapons Ukraine will receive. This is getting him furious. 

Will Putin invade other nations? He has announced the de-nazification of the world must take place...

It´s possible these next 2 weeks be full of shellings and other intense war. :( 

The GB daily text for may 10th is very significant... (DAN. 11:44)

Russia is speaking publicly about the option of using their nuclear weapons.  One report said that the British Isle could be wiped out in 200 seconds.

This invasion has gone way off-script for Russia.  Next, possibly the declaration of war.

Eventually, NATO could get directly involved.

Somehow, this dumpster fire will be put out and we won't be shocked when there's a cry of peace and security to follow.

46 minutes ago, Doug said:

Russia is speaking publicly about the option of using their nuclear weapons.  One report said that the British Isle could be wiped out in 200 seconds.

We can at least rest assured this won't happen.  The Bible is clear the KOTS aka the Feet in Daniel's Dream aka the 2 horned beast in Revelation will be destroyed by Jehovah and not by the KOTN 

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

We can at least rest assured this won't happen.

Never say never!

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/limited-tactical-nuclear-weapons-would-be-catastrophic/

Russia also possesses some 2,000 tactical nuclear weapons kept in storage facilities throughout the country, developed to be used against troops and installations in a small area or in a limited engagement. Such weapons can be launched on the same short-range missiles Russia is currently using to bombard Ukraine, such as its Iskander ballistic missile, which has a range of about 500 kilometers. And these are not the only tactical weapons that could be deployed; the United States has about 100 nuclear “gravity bombs” (with less sophisticated guidance) stationed around Europe.

Tactical nuclear weapons exist because each side fears it would be deterred from using its big city-razing weapons by their very destructiveness. By making nuclear weapons smaller and the targeting more precise, their use becomes more thinkable. Paradoxically, while this makes deterrence threats more credible, it also makes the arms more tempting to use first, rather than simply in retaliation.

No one should imagine, however, that it makes sense to use a tactical nuclear weapon. A thermonuclear explosion of any size possesses overwhelming destructive power. Even a “small-yield” nuclear weapon (0.3 kilotons) would produce damage far beyond that of a conventional explosive. (For a graphic depiction, the interactive site NUKEMAP, created by nuclear historian Alexander Wellerstein, allows you to simulate the effects of a nuclear explosion of any size anywhere on the planet.) It would also cause all the horrors of Hiroshima, albeit on a smaller scale. A tactical nuclear weapon would produce a fireball, shock waves, and deadly radiation that would cause long-term health damage in survivors. Radioactive fallout would contaminate air, soil, water and the food supply (Ukrainians are already familiar with this kind of outcome because of the disastrous meltdown of the Chernobyl nuclear reactor in 1986).

No one knows if using a tactical nuclear weapon would trigger full-scale nuclear war. Nevertheless, the risk of escalation is very real. Those on the receiving end of a nuclear strike are not likely to ask whether it was tactical or strategic. In testimony before the House Armed Services Committee on February 6, 2018, then–Secretary of Defense James Mattis stated “I do not think there is any such thing as a tactical nuclear weapon. Any nuclear weapon used any time is a strategic game changer.” Russian leaders have made clear that they would view any nuclear attack as the start of an all-out nuclear war.

Especially worrisome is the possibility that the war could escalate to the use of nuclear weapons. By increasing the alert level of Russian nuclear forces, Putin increases the risk of nuclear use through miscalculation or accident in the fog of war. In the worst scenario, if the war is going badly, Putin could reach for a tactical nuclear weapon out of desperation. While this is still unlikely, the risk is not zero. And increasing that risk is unacceptable. Although innumerable nuclear weapons have been tested over the years, not one has been used in warfare (or terrorism) since 1945. The 77-year-old tradition of nuclear nonuse—the nuclear taboo—is the single most important accomplishment of the nuclear age. It is a primary obligation of leaders today to make sure nuclear weapons are never used again. Putin and Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov should stop threatening nuclear weapons. Other leaders should express shock and outrage, and make it clear that nuclear threats are irresponsible and unacceptable.

Nuclear deterrence comes with tremendous risks and enormous costs. The arguments in favor of deterrence, although sometimes convincing, are not always true. We must acknowledge that nuclear deterrence could fail. That’s why, despite the trillions of dollars spent on nuclear arsenals, no one sleeps soundly under a nuclear umbrella—especially during a crisis such as Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

This war will likely upend the European security order. It also demonstrates how little real protection nuclear weapons provide. The world would be better off without these weapons.

newsletter promo

NEWSLETTERS

newsletter promo image

2 hours ago, Shawnster said:

We can at least rest assured this won't happen.  The Bible is clear the KOTS aka the Feet in Daniel's Dream aka the 2 horned beast in Revelation will be destroyed by Jehovah and not by the KOTN 

What condition is the KOTS in when Jehovah destroys it? Healthy and unscathed or beat up, bloody and half dead? 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

7 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

What condition is the KOTS in when Jehovah destroys it? Healthy and unscathed or beat up, bloody and half dead? 

Rev. 19:20 -  pretty much alive just before It´s destroyed

2 hours ago, Shawnster said:

I hope I’m around to announce their destruction. Daniel 11:44,45 & Revelation 16:21

6 hours ago, Lee49 said:

Never say never!

I have faith in the Bible.  Until someone can convince me that the UK can be destroyed in a nuclear holocaust and still remain as the Anglo-American Word Power, I stand by my statement. 

5 hours ago, Tortuga said:

A nuclear holocaust leaves the Anglo portion, and, therefore, the entire KOTS completely dead.  The US alone is, by definition, NOT a dual world power and NOT a TWO horned beast. 

9 hours ago, Doug said:

One report said that the British Isle could be wiped out in 200 seconds.

8 hours ago, Shawnster said:

6 hours ago, Lee49 said:

No one knows if using a tactical nuclear weapon would trigger full-scale nuclear war.

I think there's two conversations here.

1) UK wiped out in Nuclear blitzkrieg? Nope, for the reasons @Shawnster has highlighted.

2) Some limited nuking of UK with risk of more bombing elsewhere. Maaayyybbbeeee. The UK certainly could continue to function under that (don't read about the blitz unless you have a strong stomach but people are tough) and so remain part of the AA power but we wouldn't have an all out nuclear war as Jehovah wouldn't allow it.

Putin would use nukes if he thought he could, he's shown he's no regard for civilian deaths, but he knows he'd then lose his things and I don't see him doing that.

1 hour ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

If anyone uses nukes, it’ll be for suicide.

Peace and Security proclamation will be a "suicide" in certain terms for them as well. 

No matter what they do, the outcome for the last days is already determined. 

Political system can play any card, but Jehovah is ready for it. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

31 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Peace and Security proclamation will be a "suicide" in certain terms for them as well. 

No matter what they do, the outcome for the last days is already determined. 

Political system can play any card, but Jehovah is ready for it. 

And aren't we, as Jehovah's people - very glad that Jah IS ready for it, for ANYTHING. This reminds me of the CA I just viewed ( with Branch Rep).....only real, strong faith is going to carry me, us , all Jah's people - through this and the GT. Time for me to do a thorough personal study on prophecy coz I need that strong faith. 

Daniel 2:34

Daniel 8:25 and Rev.17:14 ; 19:19

indicates that the KOTS will be much active and alive right before Armageddon 

so the KOTN won’t destroy those nations now 

Jehovah will 

not even UN will be over

it will continue get stronger and be standing as a rock when Armageddon comes 

Very exciting things will happen in the near future ! 
we are so happy to witness them!

8 hours ago, Hugh O'D said:

2) Some limited nuking of UK with risk of more bombing elsewhere. 

Oh, yes, I do not limit the use of nuclear weapons entirely.  2 have already been used last century. Another could be used in the future. 

I just have faith there won't be a large scale use. Too much chance for such to escalate into a holocaust 

matthew broderick professor falken GIF

From an expert on military (paraphrasing):

When side A decided to use tactical nuclear weapons (not ICBMs), side B knows about it 2-7 days in advance. Handling nuclear weapons requires complicated logistics that is seen through satellite espionage. 

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

9 minutes ago, Michał said:

When side A decided to use tactical nuclear weapons (not ICBMs), side B knows about it 2-7 days in advance. Handling nuclear weapons requires complicated logistics that is seen through satellite espionage. 

Reminds me of that movie Armageddon.  The government knew the big asteroid was going to hit earth but they weren’t planning on telling anyone. It was one of “need to know” situations. That’s the thing with wars. There are always people who know the negative things that are coming but for whatever reason think it’s best not to tell. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

20 minutes ago, Michał said:

Even the ones from submarines and ships? (Cruise type, which Russia possesses) 

I always thought that “surprise” attack could come from sea, but I am not a military expert by any definition. 

8 hours ago, Sofia said:

Daniel 8:25

indicates that the KOTS will be much active and alive right before Armageddon 

Daniel 8:25 was put in motion in December 21st 1991.

After the falling of USSR, the USA, as the self-perceived unipolar victor, invaded and bombed many places without any declaration of war, thus bringing ruin to many in a time of peace.

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

16 hours ago, Shawnster said:

I have faith in the Bible.  Until someone can convince me that the UK can be destroyed in a nuclear holocaust and still remain as the Anglo-American Word Power, I stand by my statement. 

A nuclear holocaust leaves the Anglo portion, and, therefore, the entire KOTS completely dead.  The US alone is, by definition, NOT a dual world power and NOT a TWO horned beast. 

I also have faith in the Bible, and nowhere it clearly says that the UK can or cannot be bombed.

We can see the 7th from the perspective of countries or from the perspective of an empire.

I see the 7th as the entire western civilization under US control. The entire composition of things that project the 7th influence, power and might, like countries, corporations and international institutions.

You can obliterate part of an empire and still keep it. According to Daniel 11:40- some lands in the 7th may be lost.

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)