JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia invades Ukraine

not doubting it completely but would be nice for there to be more verifiable stories in relation to this. At the bottom of the article is a disclaimer:

Editorial disclaimer: RRN does not intend to certify the accuracy of information presented in articles. RRN simply intends to certify the accuracy of the English translation of the contents of the articles as they appeared in news media of countries of the former USSR.

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

12 minutes ago, BLEmom said:

not doubting it completely but would be nice for there to be more verifiable stories in relation to this. At the bottom of the article is a disclaimer:

Editorial disclaimer: RRN does not intend to certify the accuracy of information presented in articles. RRN simply intends to certify the accuracy of the English translation of the contents of the articles as they appeared in news media of countries of the former USSR.

https://westobserver.com/news/europe/church-captivity-ministers-of-the-moscow-patriarchate-helped-the-enemy-during-the-occupation/amp/

Source: TSN

ABOUT US

Your #1 source for all the website news, follow USA, Europe and Canada News. Latest reports about business, politics and entertainment.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

4 minutes ago, Sofia said:

https://westobserver.com/news/europe/church-captivity-ministers-of-the-moscow-patriarchate-helped-the-enemy-during-the-occupation/amp/

Source: TSN

ABOUT US

Your #1 source for all the website news, follow USA, Europe and Canada News. Latest reports about business, politics and entertainment.

I know you get way more news than I Sofia.
I looked up TSN news and it seems to be out of Ukraine. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

5 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

So it's a dif TSN than the one in Canada? 

https://www.tsn.ca/

Lol or The Sports Network. 

But I found this and think it’s what Sofia’s article is referring to. 
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_Service_of_News

1 hour ago, BLEmom said:

I know you get way more news than I Sofia.
I looked up TSN news and it seems to be out of Ukraine. 

I googled it

i know some sources are not reliable 

I understand your point 

i saw this in 3 different sources

i hope it’s correct

the original one is Ukrainian catholic news site

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

13 hours ago, BLEmom said:

That disclaimer is at the end of all the stories on the site. Their job is not to verify the accuracy of the articles, recognizing that they are from Russian, perhaps Kremlin, sources. The job of Russia Religion News is simply to provide an accurate translation of the Russian articles. It's better than Google Translate anyway. But each article contains a link to the original article in Russian.

It simply means that, just as you cannot verify the accuracy of anything you read in your local newspaper (unless you go to extreme lengths), they cannot verify the accuracy of an article they translate. It doesn't necessarily mean the story is entirely untrue, or that it shouldn't be trusted.

6 minutes ago, Sheep said:

That disclaimer is at the end of all the stories on the site. Their job is not to verify the accuracy of the articles, recognizing that they are from Russian, perhaps Kremlin, sources. The job of Russia Religion News is simply to provide an accurate translation of the Russian articles. It's better than Google Translate anyway. But each article contains a link to the original article in Russian.

It simply means that, just as you cannot verify the accuracy of anything you read in your local newspaper (unless you go to extreme lengths), they cannot verify the accuracy of an article they translate. It doesn't necessarily mean the story is entirely untrue, or that it shouldn't be trusted.

I understand that.  I just meant before believing such things, I would wait to see more sources verify the info.  We shouldn’t believe just one random article no matter where it comes from. 

44 minutes ago, BLEmom said:

I understand that.  I just meant before believing such things, I would wait to see more sources verify the info.  We shouldn’t believe just one random article no matter where it comes from. 

To add to this...  Separate sources are identifiable as having different stories by different authors.  If you find the exact same article on multiple sites, that is not multiple sources. That is multiple sites repeating the same source. 

It will be the same subject and same incident.  It might even have the same quotes.  But it will be a different angle.  It will definitely not be a word for word identical article. 

Edited by Shawnster

16 hours ago, BLEmom said:

I checked 3 articles about us on this website risu.ua and they all contained neutral language without opinion. They cited sources like Radio Svonoda or our website. 

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

• 3 weeks later...

Saw this today

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/russians-turn-crowdfunding-ill-equipped-185126664.html

Everything from rifle scopes to boots for soldiers have been sent to Ukraine, paid for by patriotic Russians through fundraising initiatives.

Both sides are using crowdfunding for equipment, I was seeing Ukrainian ones in the first couple of days of the invasion. What struck me was the way we could be sucked in.

Boots, everyone in mud needs boots, there's nothing offensive or threatening about buying boots, right? Or even snack bars, we all use those,? Ones might try to reason that way, but when you dig it's for soldiers and if it's for solidiers it's taking part in the war effort and our neutrality is gone.

Satan has many schemes, I'm sure we'll see this one again, wrapped in lots of emotional heart tugging. Just wanted to share.

1 hour ago, Hugh O'D said:

Satan has many schemes

I went by myself yesterday for lunch at a local burger place ( Freddies Burgers ) the burger was delicious and I told the young girl that came around asking if I needed anything, no, but tell the cook I said it was a great burger, as I was leaving I decided to leave a small tip ( it was a self serve so no tipping required) I went up to the front counter and handed the young man a dollar bill he quickly put it in what I thought was a tip jar but wasn't sure, it was "support the service men in our country" to late, he stuck it in, I left feeling frustrated that's what it was for.

Hide Reaction GIF by flor

31 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

I went up to the front counter and handed the young man a dollar bill he quickly put it in what I thought was a tip jar but wasn't sure, it was "support the service men in our country" to late, he stuck it in, I left feeling frustrated that's what it was for.

Frustrating, yeah. You did the right thing @Lee49, that he wasted it was on him. 

15 hours ago, Lee49 said:

I went by myself yesterday for lunch at a local burger place ( Freddies Burgers ) the burger was delicious and I told the young girl that came around asking if I needed anything, no, but tell the cook I said it was a great burger, as I was leaving I decided to leave a small tip ( it was a self serve so no tipping required) I went up to the front counter and handed the young man a dollar bill he quickly put it in what I thought was a tip jar but wasn't sure, it was "support the service men in our country" to late, he stuck it in, I left feeling frustrated that's what it was for.

Hide Reaction GIF by flor

In all, you have a good heart Lee.

17 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

In all, you have a good heart Lee.

But it wont stay healthy if he keeps eating burgers..:whistling:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 minute ago, Michał said:

I heard that buns are the mos5 unhealthy part of a 🍔

Back in the 70's when we would meet for lunch during service at McD's a sister would always take the top off of her burger leaving the rest intact so she could at least pick it up to eat it, she didn't want the extra calories!

2022-06-06_14h48_10.png

https://www.france24.com/en/tv-shows/perspective/20220524-war-in-ukraine-is-a-war-of-civilisation-historian-says

A short 9 mins video with interesting perspective by an expert in analysing Ukraine/Russia.  What he says about Putin wanting an empire and seeing it his vision to deliver this before he dies is interesting.  Putin has his powerful supporters, including the Patriarch Kirill and other ex-soviet wannabees, around him in his echo chamber.  Ukraine wants democracy and nationhood, not to be part of the empire.  And unless the UN reforms, they will turn out to be as useless as the LoN, he said.

Well, we know how Jehovah said this will all turn out.  The world leaders have never bothered to listen before, so they aren't about to do it now.

There is a lot of speculation in the news about Putin being sick and dying. If that is true, i wonder how it would affect what is happening. The FDS has identified Russia and its allies as the KOTN, they didn't specifically identify Putin as the KOTN. We know the prophecy of the KOTN will come true so I wonder how much his death would affect things. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

There is a lot of speculation in the news about Putin being sick and dying. If that is true, i wonder how it would affect what is happening. The FDS has identified Russia and its allies as the KOTN, they didn't specifically identify Putin as the KOTN. We know the prophecy of the KOTN will come true so I wonder how much his death would affect things. 

Some things are only  fully understood after they happen.

I too my self wonder if we are seeing Daniel 11:44 being fullfilled... but we must wait untill GB explains. They will explain IF NEEDED at the proper time. Im just speculating...

Just assuming a weird idea...

Daniel 11: 44 - upsetting news - the threat of Ukraine entering OTAN (from east Europe)

- threats inside Russia - coup d etat? (from the North itself)

Furious - destroying, killing - watching the news. Putin´s goal isnt JUST to occupy land, it´s to destroy Ukraine´s people :(  **

Daniel 11:45 - place the royal tents - invasion / military camp - we see that in Ukraine

The big sea (original says the seas - could it be azov / black seas ?) and the holy mountain (Ukraine is located between Russian´s invaded land before and the 2 seas - azov and black sea)

and he shall come to his end - dead (?) and no helper ( Russia is being isolated)

Please dont hit me! Im just speculating! If there´s a need to adjust Im sure GB will do it in a AM or so soon. We need to wait to see the fullfillment of prophecy. It may seems so, but only Jehovah can explain by the Channel: GB.

On the next verse we see the start of the GT. Does this mean that KOTN reaches it´s end before the GT?

Quoting bro Morris "we just need to wait and see..."

** KOTN already is persecuting harshly without regard JWs in the russian territory. Is it possible to become even more furious against JWs? We have to wait and see... My opinion isnt important. The main thing is to keep on the watch! No matter if Im right or wrong: Daniel´s prophecy about the KOTN will BE FULLFILLED SOON!

6 hours ago, Tortuga said:

There is a lot of speculation in the news about Putin being sick and dying.

Watching the conflicting reports I think this is just propaganda. For example one "official report" from the Ukrainian military in the last month after saying he was dying said this would take years.  Uh huh; and the ghost of Kyiv was real, not.

Yes, we're all going to die, I don't believe he's in any terminal condition. That said he will know he's more years as president behind him than before him but he could easily last years