JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia invades Ukraine

1 minute ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Sorry, that is what I meant about the impending cold winter facing Europe.  As a result of Russian sanctions cutting fuel to Europe, it will be a struggle financially and for warmth.  Electricity and power cuts will mean a lot of problems for you, unfortunately.

We know this. I and the almost brothers saving energy: 2 Min. Showers,  cold washing, 17/18° in our lounge. Blankets in the bedroom, and pullovers and thick jackets will help us too over the winter. (;-)

54 minutes ago, Woanders said:

Yes, Hydrogen is a good
Fuel and Especially excellent storable in the form of ammonia. 

This is a good idea for the New System.

https://www.bayern-innovativ.de/de/seite/ammoniak-wasserstoffspeicher

Sorry, the source is in german. But i think, a Translator will help. Google or deepL.

Edited by Exter

A good source in form of link.

Sanctions on Russia are practically ineffective, military stalemate at the front is a reality.

How this will end? Russia will not give up lands they acquired, willingly. 

I have read one article saying that only military involvement of NATO can push Russians out, and end conflict. 

A Russian victory in Ukraine would inspire other autocratic and rogue regimes to challenge the US and NATO as the world's geopolitical superpowers. By default, the invasion of Ukraine has gradually transitioned into a conflict between Russia and NATO, the combat phase of which for now is being contained to eastern Europe.https://www.skynews.com.au/opinion/nato-cannot-allow-russia-to-absorb-ukraine-if-it-wants-to-prevent-rogue-regimes-from-launching-copycat-attacks-against-the-western-world-order/news-story/4a9f23148fda9e91c0a2739b780955ec

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

2 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Sanctions on Russia are practically ineffective, military stalemate at the front is a reality.

I have read one article saying that only military involvement of NATO can push Russians out, and end conflict. 

A Russian victory in Ukraine would inspire other autocratic and rogue regimes to challenge the US and NATO as the world's geopolitical superpowers. By default, the invasion of Ukraine has gradually transitioned into a conflict between Russia and NATO, the combat phase of which for now is being contained to eastern Europe.https://www.skynews.com.au/opinion/nato-cannot-allow-russia-to-absorb-ukraine-if-it-wants-to-prevent-rogue-regimes-from-launching-copycat-attacks-against-the-western-world-order/news-story/4a9f23148fda9e91c0a2739b780955ec

That is one way the course of the war could happen. However, quite different events can still break their way. I would not be so sure about the above development at all.

7 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Sanctions on Russia are practically ineffective,

The following is presented as alternative views, we know both sides are lying, as Jehovah's people we're all trying to tell the truth but Satan's world is murky. To repeat

Sanctions on Russia are practically ineffective,

Say pro Russian channels. Others disagree.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.euronews.com/amp/2022/07/28/sanctions-catastrophically-crippling-russian-economy-study-finds

It's noteworthy that their new improved Lada cars fails 1996 standards.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.motor1.com/news/593367/2022-lada-granta-no-airbags-abs/amp/

military stalemate at the front is a reality.

Russian ammunition dumps are being blown up nearly every day. The Ukranians are not yet throwing away lives in suicide charges instead they're focusing on attacking  the Russian logistics which as a policy has worked quite well the last six months. Whether this is stalemate or preparation is up to the reviewer. 

I have read one article saying that only military involvement of NATO can push Russians out

I simply can't see NATO doing this. They've avoided direct confrontation for seventy years so far because of nukes, I don't see them abandoning that policy now.

What I think we all agree on is that sadly this isn't going to end soon causing a lot of needless death and suffering.

47 minutes ago, Hugh O'D said:

The following is presented as alternative views, we know both sides are lying, as Jehovah's people we're all trying to tell the truth but Satan's world is murky. To repeat

Say pro Russian channels. Others disagree.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.euronews.com/amp/2022/07/28/sanctions-catastrophically-crippling-russian-economy-study-finds

It's noteworthy that their new improved Lada cars fails 1996 standards.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.motor1.com/news/593367/2022-lada-granta-no-airbags-abs/amp/

Russian ammunition dumps are being blown up nearly every day. The Ukranians are not yet throwing away lives in suicide charges instead they're focusing on attacking  the Russian logistics which as a policy has worked quite well the last six months. Whether this is stalemate or preparation is up to the reviewer. 

I simply can't see NATO doing this. They've avoided direct confrontation for seventy years so far because of nukes, I don't see them abandoning that policy now.

What I think we all agree on is that sadly this isn't going to end soon causing a lot of needless death and suffering.

The Ukraine conflict can go possible years. See this link:

https://www.dw.com/en/russia-ukraine-updates-berlin-will-back-kyiv-for-as-long-as-necessary/a-62953980

But the fact is: the end of the war is in Jehovah’s . His decision make the point! 

3 hours ago, Hugh O'D said:

Except for the first statement about sanctions, I don't see where the points you shared present an opposite or alternate view. 

Granted, I've not read much of the linked articles, but what do the safety standards of the Lada have to do with what Greg shared? 

While I agree with you that I also don't see NATO stepping up defense of Ukraine, how does that counter the idea that repelling the Russian invasion can only happen with NATO help? 

5 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

what do the safety standards of the Lada have to do with what Greg shared? 

Apologies for being unclear. No need to read the articles to be honest. Basically the standards have dropped because they can't get the parts anymore. This is just one practical example that the sanctions are having an effect.

7 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

While I agree with you that I also don't see NATO stepping up defense of Ukraine, how does that counter the idea that repelling the Russian invasion can only happen with NATO help? 

Greg said

10 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

I may be misreading Greg. I would take "military involvement" to mean the military getting involved, i.e. troops on the ground, planes in the sky etc as distinct from "military help" which can be limited to the current supplying of equipment and off site training.

If by "involvement" Greg only meant the current military aid, then yes Ukraine can't survive without that, we're in agreement and I apologize for any confusion caused. But if he meant the military getting involved then I'd disagree that will happen.

I myself have long fallen into the habit of dealing with a lot of details about the terrible Ukraine conflict. I ask myself self-critically: what is the use for me? And, does it benefit US for our spiritual well-being? After all, our goal is to overcome GT together and build the eternal paradise. 

14 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

A pentagon leak said that Putin plans to take this war into 2025. Unless he dies first...

(Interesting... the idea of 3,5 years of war. 1260 days=? ) this is my mind wondering - dont pay attention to this.

Who knows? Can this war go into GT ..? yes.

Never forget that KOTN is not destroyed by KOTS and vice versa.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

12 minutes ago, Dages said:

Come on, I don't want to wait for the GT :D

Me neither... But only Jehovah knows the day ...

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

When mentioning sanctions I had this in mind: Anton Tabakh, chief economist at Moscow-based credit assessor Expert RA, told Al Jazeera that two factors had buoyed the Russian economy during the first six months of the new sanctions regime. The first was a big surge in commodity exports, especially energy. According to a government document seen by Reuters news agency, Russia is expected to earn more than $337bn from its energy sales this year, a 38 percent increase from 2021. 

Of course there are areas where things are difficult like electronics etc, but overall sanctions have less limited impact than expected so far. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, New World Explorer said:

When mentioning sanctions I had this in mind: Anton Tabakh, chief economist at Moscow-based credit assessor Expert RA, told Al Jazeera that two factors had buoyed the Russian economy during the first six months of the new sanctions regime. The first was a big surge in commodity exports, especially energy. According to a government document seen by Reuters news agency, Russia is expected to earn more than $337bn from its energy sales this year, a 38 percent increase from 2021. 

Of course there are areas where things are difficult like electronics etc, but overall sanctions have less limited impact than expected so far. 

For us Jehovah´s people it´s normal.

I can see this as a fact. Daniel´s prophecy stated clearly that the KOTN would rule over hiddend treasures. Its for me obvious that the KOTN would never have financial issues. The Bible states this.

I believe that the sanctions will not hurt Russia so much as expected.

what can we expect? More eagerness to gain more territory; news that will upset him deeply and cause him an anger response; he will reach his end without any helper.

13 hours ago, Sofia said:

the KOTN would rule over hiddend treasures. I

You know I missed that fulfilment but yes it's happening. The study Bible takes us to the Daniels Prophecy book where it says

Has the king of the north ruled over ‘the hidden treasures of Egypt’? He has indeed had a powerful influence on the way that the king of the south has used his financial resources. Because of fear of his rival, the king of the south has devoted huge sums to maintaining a formidable army, navy, and air force. To this extent, the king of the north ‘ruled over,’ or controlled, the disposition of the wealth of the king of the south

And that's certainly happening. The KOTS is pouring his wealth into Ukraine despite domestic problems in an effort to contain the KOTN. So another prophecy continues to be fulfilled.

• 2 weeks later...

The latest retreat by the Russians from Kharkiv had Ukraine's Foreign  minister saying this:

“The supply of weapons from the west was paying off.

"We showed that we can defeat the Russian army," he said.

"I repeat again the more weapons we receive the faster we win, the faster this war will end and we will be able to concentrate on other goals…

The Russian withdrawal announcement came hours after Ukrainian troops captured the city of Kupiansk farther north, the sole railway hub supplying Russia's entire front line across north-eastern Ukraine.…

That left thousands of Russian troops abruptly cut off from supplies along a front that has seen some of the most intense battles of the war.

The head of Russia's administration in Kharkiv told residents to evacuate the province and flee to Russia to "save lives", TASS reported.

Witnesses described traffic jams of cars with people leaving Russian-held territory.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-11/russian-grip-on-northeast-ukraine-collapses-after-kyiv-severs-su/101426946

This may be leading to the proclamation we have been waiting for 🤔. We'll have to wait and see, twists and turns of warfare can mean anything and nothing.

6 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

A última retirada dos russos de Kharkiv teve o ministro das Relações Exteriores da Ucrânia dizendo o seguinte:

“O fornecimento de armas do oeste estava valendo a pena.

"Mostramos que podemos derrotar o exército russo", disse ele.

"Repito novamente, quanto mais armas recebermos, mais rápido venceremos, mais rápido essa guerra terminará e poderemos nos concentrar em outros objetivos...

O anúncio da retirada russa veio horas depois que as tropas ucranianas capturaram a cidade de Kupiansk, mais ao norte, o único centro ferroviário que abastece toda a linha de frente da Rússia no nordeste da Ucrânia.…

Isso deixou milhares de soldados russos abruptamente cortados de suprimentos ao longo de uma frente que viu algumas das batalhas mais intensas da guerra.

O chefe da administração da Rússia em Kharkiv disse aos moradores para evacuar a província e fugir para a Rússia para "salvar vidas", informou a TASS.

Testemunhas descreveram engarrafamentos de carros com pessoas saindo do território controlado pela Rússia.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-11/russian-grip-on-northeast-ukraine-collapses-after-kyiv-severs-su/101426946

Isso pode estar levando à proclamação que estávamos esperando 🤔 . Teremos que esperar para ver, reviravoltas e reviravoltas na guerra podem significar qualquer coisa e nada.

Interesting that even the Chinese leader left China for the first time after the pandemic to meet with Putin, I believe in twists too!

Interesting point of view published 2 h ago about the Russia retreat and apearant Ukraine gain of terrain

The war seems to have reached a turning point 

https://www.ft.com/content/b69093f4-d156-473f-8be6-f7e1d813b921

Meanwhile the UNGA ‘ s 77 th session has started so we will hear a lot of “peace and security” news in the next few days ahead as usual every year

7 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Interesting point of view published 2 h ago about the Russia retreat and apearant Ukraine gain of terrain

https://www.ft.com/content/b69093f4-d156-473f-8be6-f7e1d813b921

Meanwhile the UNGA ‘ s 77 th session has started so we will hear a lot of “peace and security” news in the next few days ahead as usual every year

Peace in Ukraine would be a nice occasion

10 minutes ago, Dages said:

Peace in Ukraine would be a nice occasion

Yes… it would be interesting… several scenarios are at stake

i liked the reading 

enjoy 

all can happen very sudden

though I think we need time to care for new Bible students. 🤷‍♀️

37 minutes ago, Sofia said:

This could create another test of our neutrality if we start cheering for the underdog in our hearts...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D