JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia invades Ukraine

2 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

He wants to leave a legacy before he dies, in his vision of a glorious empire. Maybe he’s feeling his frailty and is trying to ensure his name goes down in history, akin to Stalin? 

Well he will probably be mentioned for a long time…after he’s been dead and buried we will show all the resurrected ones about the king of the north. I’m sure Daniel will find it all interesting! 😉

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

5 hours ago, BLEmom said:

Well he will probably be mentioned for a long time…after he’s been dead and buried we will show all the resurrected ones about the king of the north. I’m sure Daniel will find it all interesting! 😉

Yep

will be a theme of History lessons from Daniel prophecy for sure

remembered for sure as Gods opponent 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

3 minutes ago, Michał said:

There is a scripture (ftom Isaiah I think) that the name of people who oppose Jehovah or his servants will be used as a curse word. 

Is Putin going to remembered as that?

HAHAHA, in French, it's already a curse word meaning "prostitute" used very often like the american f-word.

The name of the Russia president is pronounced like "Poutine" so it's ok, but "Putin" is almost the correct writing for the french curse :D 

6 minutes ago, Dages said:

HAHAHA, in French, it's already a curse word meaning "prostitute" used very often like the american f-word.

The name of the Russia president is pronounced like "Poutine" so it's ok, but "Putin" is almost the correct writing for the french curse :D 

No kidding? :D In Portuguese too. Putin is similar to prostitutes name as well. P***.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

13 hours ago, Dages said:

When visiting Quebec I really enjoyed Poutine meal.

It seems that I eat dictators for lunch LOL :lol1:

Dirty-Pizza.jpg

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

On 6/8/2022 at 4:55 PM, Sofia said:

No kidding? :D In Portuguese too. Putin is similar to prostitutes name as well. P***.

Having grown up with, for example, people going "HUGH, no I mean you" (almost same pronunciation in Irish English) I've some sympathy. I was very careful how my own son was named. Interesting though that Saul may have changed his name to Paul because in Greek his name sounded like the word for "the sultry walk of a prostitute".

Back on topic

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/almost-ammunition-relying-western-arms-040011298.html

War shows no sign of ending soon, Ukranians keep making the point they need more missiles. Honestly, I can see the demons getting their kicks out of ensuring the Ukranians get just enough missiles for the slaughter to continue but not enough for it to end. Another sober comment was

Ukraine’s military intelligence believes that Russia can continue at its current rate without manufacturing more weapons or mobilising the population for another year.

So we could still have this war going next year too.

3 minutes ago, Hugh O'D said:

So we could still have this war going next year too

It appears to be a war between the KOTN and the KOTS, Ukraine is just the face of the war.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

So, the Korean conflict was a proxy war with US troops fighting Russian (well, Soviet) backed North Koreans. 

The Vietnam conflict was a proxy war with US troops fighting Russian (well, Soviet) backed North Vietnamese. 

But now it seems like the roles are reversed. Now it's Russian troops fighting US backed Ukrainians. 

Is this the first time that has happened that the US was the financial/material backer instead of having troops on the ground? 

5 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Is this the first time that has happened that the US was the financial/material backer instead of having troops on the ground

Most famous and long lasting would be the backing of Israel while Syria especially was backed by the USSR but there weren't Soviet troops fighting there. (Although there were Soviet "advisors" in Syria). 

But Afghanistan was definitely Soviet troops on the ground while USA supported various groups. There were dozens of proxy wars during the cold war so there may be other less known examples.

With the current KOTN? Not sure, would need to do more checking, can't see Trump doing that as he was a Putin fan boy but don't know.

1 hour ago, Hugh O'D said:

Most famous and long lasting would be the backing of Israel while Syria especially was backed by the USSR but there weren't Soviet troops fighting there. (Although there were Soviet "advisors" in Syria). 

But Afghanistan was definitely Soviet troops on the ground while USA supported various groups. There were dozens of proxy wars during the cold war so there may be other less known examples.

With the current KOTN? Not sure, would need to do more checking, can't see Trump doing that as he was a Putin fan boy but don't know.

Korean, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Syria and Ukrainian conflicts are all good examples of conflicts between kotn and kots via interposed country, as they are using some military equipment provided by their major allies.
Hopefully, kotn and kots didn't face each other directly yet, otherwise they would use nuclear weapons.

8 hours ago, Hugh O'D said:

Ah, I forgot about Afghanistan. 

Sadinistas and Contras in El Salvador was about as proxy as could be with neither US nor USSR having much in the way of boots on the ground.  Advisors? Sure.  

19 hours ago, Tortuga said:

It appears to be a war between the KOTN and the KOTS, Ukraine is just the face of the war.

so in deed.Agree 100%

On 6/7/2022 at 10:43 AM, Sofia said:

** KOTN already is persecuting harshly without regard JWs in the russian territory. Is it possible to become even more furious against JWs? We have to wait and see... 

This was my thought when we received the news of our landmark victory from the ECHR.  Not only is the war a humiliation for him,  even the JW's are kicking his butt on the world stage.  I'm concerned he will turn his rage against us. No doubt in his opinion we are still a soft target, as ever.

43 minutes ago, Doug said:

Former President of Russia Dmitry Medvedev , now Deputy Head of National Security, has said the "Horsemen of the Apocalypse are on their way".  

Won't he be surprised to discover what the rider of the White Horse has in mind   :eek:

Some TV journalist said the same thing in France. She was in panic mode.

1 hour ago, Doug said:

Former President of Russia Dmitry Medvedev , now Deputy Head of National Security, has said the "Horsemen of the Apocalypse are on their way".  

Won't he be surprised to discover what the rider of the White Horse has in mind   :eek:

White is probably too sacred color to see for unholy people. Yeah that’s why most people missed it!?

No matter how the wind howls the mountain cannot bow to it. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www2.stetson.edu/religious-news/220620a.html

PATRIARCH KIRILL SAYS THAT OCCUPYING FORCES IN UKRAINE ARE "DEFENDING RUSSIA ON BATTLEFIELD"

RISU, 20 June 2022

RPTs (Russian Orthodox Church) Patriarch Kirill declared that the Russian aggressors who invaded Ukraine "are defending Russia on the battlefield." He said this in Penza after consecrating the cathedral church of the Savior, Ukrainska Pravda reports, citing Radio Liberty.

"Our young guys are now defending Russia on the battlefield," the head of the Moscow patriarchate noted.

In Kirill's opinion, an inner moral sense is being advanced by Russian troops in Ukraine, based on the Orthodox faith.

The head of the RPTs declared that priests who "minister" to Russian troops allegedly have described for him numerous examples of courage and self-sacrifice among them. Kirill thinks that this is "not for high pay," but out of "moral feeling."

He also expressed the opinion that the western world now is experiencing a "collapse of faith," but in Russia new churches are constantly being opened, which he called a "divine miracle." Kirill said that churches are being built "to the horror of the western world."

Russian Patriarch Kirill has supported the full-scale attack on Ukraine by the Russian Federation. Thus he earlier declared that young Russians "are performing a feat" in Ukraine, and he later falsely declared that "Russia has never attacked anybody." (tr. by PDS, posted 21 June 2022)

Old news... but refreshed today at UNSC:

Zelenskiy urges action in UN address

Leader Volodymyr Zelenskiy has urged the Security Council to expel Russia from the UN over its attack on Ukraine, branding the country a "terrorist state".

https://russia.postsen.com/news/56478/Zelensky-proposed-to-exclude-the-Russian-Federation-from-the-UN-Security-Council.html

Edited by Sofia

• 1 month later...
On 5/19/2022 at 12:39 AM, Hugh O'D said:

I never thought I'd say this about battle hardened veterans but I feel really sorry for those guys and gals. In their shoes I'd be terrified that now they've surrendered some will seek revenge for their holding out so long.

And following the release of a video of a Ukrainian soldier being tortured one of the prisons with Azovstal prisoner's is bombed

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2022/jul/29/ukraine-denies-attack-on-donbas-prison-that-russia-claims-killed-40

Interesting that while their are deaths and injuries among the prisoner's there's none among the guards. 😐

One Ukrainian Tiktoker said "I thought we couldn't get any angrier after Bucha, (list of atrocities). Apparently we can".

Sadly this makes revenge atrocities even more likely, it's so important we keep neutral and proclaim the Kingdom as the only solution.