JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia invades Ukraine

Patriarch Kirill IN RUSSIA criticizes Pope Francis on it´s position on the conflict...

Kirill ´s standing for Putin against NATO threat to Russia´s security:

Source: https://www2.stetson.edu/religious-news/220504a.html

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

33 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Patriarch Kirill IN RUSSIA criticizes Pope Francis on it´s position on the conflict...

Kirill ´s standing for Putin against NATO threat to Russia´s security:

Source: https://www2.stetson.edu/religious-news/220504a.html

Hypocrisy of false religion in open field now...just patently waiting for proclamation of PS and ...boom! ..all false religion gone forever. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

3 hours ago, Pietro said:

I believe that Russia will still do something even more serious involving Ukraine, for the UN to wake up for good or be forced to act.

Perhaps. Or perhaps it won't be anything more serious, but this could still wake the UN up. 

Or perhaps it will be something else. 

Finland is definitely looking to join NATO. They said in their press conference today that Russia has been warning them for years not to upset the status quo but that Russia is now the one who have changed the game. It’s Russian action that has caused them to reconsider being able to defend themselves.  

I listen to the news and wonder who’s left in the world besides Russia and sometimes china who aren’t on the same page.  I keep hearing how all the nations this and all the nations that. Once they solve the Russia issue will it be “time”?  It really is interesting watching things play out!  When we look back it will all make much more sense. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

8 hours ago, BLEmom said:

I listen to the news and wonder who’s left in the world besides Russia and sometimes china who aren’t on the same page.  

https://dmerharyana.org/countries-supporting-russia-ukraine/

Belarus, Armenia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Cuba, China. 

India is neutral 

Edited by Shawnster

8 hours ago, Jonadab said:

Or maybe Russia will cause trouble in other countries, especially those that want to join NATO. 

Russia threatens to retaliate as Finland seeks NATO membership ‘without delay’

https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/russia-threatens-to-retaliate-as-finland-seeks-nato-membership-without-delay-20220513-p5akyc.html

Hierarchs of the UPTsMP (Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Moscow Patriarchate) blamed the government of the time of Petro Poroshenko and the Orthodox Church of Ukraine (PTsU) for actions that led to the armed invasion of Ukraine by Russia. They consider the activity of the PTsU "destructive."

In addition, in various regions of Ukraine there have occurred incidents of the adoption by local administrative bodies of illegal decisions banning or restricting the activity of local religious parishes of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church. With tacit consent or with the active intervention of local authorities, seizures of church buildings of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church have occurred. 

https://www2.stetson.edu/religious-news/220513a.html

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

From an interview (Google trsnslate) with a Polish colonel:

Do you see any time frame in which the war in Ukraine may end?

The war will end when the Russians lose their potential and the Ukrainians start offensive.  When it will be?  No one knows this.  Three months minimum.  6-12 months maximum.  But the Russia-Ukraine conflict will not go away.  Ukrainian troops will still be standing on the border.  And the Russians, on the other hand.  It is also unknown whether Moscow will not use tactical nuclear strikes.  Putin can do anything.  We in Poland want this war to end and nothing to happen.  And it will not be like that for many years.  There is no chance of that.

https://wiadomosci.wp.pl/ukraina-mowi-o-pokonaniu-rosji-zmiana-taktyki-putinowi-nie-wyszla-na-dobre-6768474936728480a?amp=1

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

On 5/12/2022 at 2:20 PM, Shawnster said:

https://dmerharyana.org/countries-supporting-russia-ukraine/

Belarus, Armenia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Cuba, China. 

India is neutral 

and indirectly, a few countries are in support of the Russian Invasion or acting not to be in favour or against any country like Syria, Iran, Saudi-Arabia and UAE. 

Armenia has cast a vote against removing Russia from the Council of Europe however has kept a low profile on the invasion. Many other countries, such as Venezuela, speculate to maximize their own interests and do not stand directly on either side but make contradictory statements. In practice, North Korea is also a supporter of Russia. Not to mention many African countries.

No matter how the wind howls the mountain cannot bow to it. 

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/15/europe/finland-nato-membership-russia-ukraine-intl/index.html

Finland's government announced Sunday it will apply to join NATO, ditching decades of wartime neutrality and ignoring Russian threats of possible retaliation as the Nordic country attempts to strengthen its security following the onset of the war in Ukraine.

1 hour ago, Bluebell said:

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/swedens-ruling-party-backs-joining-nato-2022-05-15/

Sweden has confirmed its intention to formally apply to join the alliance.

.....rehearsel for the time when they form a coalition to attack us....

That’s what is so weird about all of this. Watching the strengthening ties and alliances. Knowing that in the end it will be what causes the GT to start.  
It would be irony for a US catholic president to be part of the beginning of the attack on false religion which we know Catholicism to be a large part of.
Not that I’m saying it will happen that way….but if it did it would be ironic! 😜

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

59 minutes ago, BLEmom said:

That’s what is so weird about all of this. Watching the strengthening ties and alliances. Knowing that in the end it will be what causes the GT to start.  
It would be irony for a US catholic president to be part of the beginning of the attack on false religion which we know Catholicism to be a large part of.
Not that I’m saying it will happen that way….but if it did it would be ironic! 😜

things here i sweden are changing insanely fast and dramatically

how can this not be the start of something really big..?

I've often wondered what it would be like if an atheist president got in office. He (or she) would have no reason to protect religion and could even see it as a problem standing between people and what's perceived as "true freedom."  Regardless of whoever ends up in office at the start of the GT, things are already heating up on the world scene...

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

18 hours ago, cricket246 said:

I've often wondered what it would be like if an atheist president got in office. 

That would definitely signal that Babylon the Great had no more power or influence. 

Honestly many of the more recent presidents may have been atheist or, at least, agnostic. They have go through the motions, though, because they need to curry the favor of religious elements.  To be blatantly non-religious or even outright atheist would be something indeed. 

On 5/15/2022 at 9:04 PM, Lee49 said:

Unless of course he was denied communion!  

😆😂or a Catholic president can say: “Everyone can have the God or Spiritual Being in their heart, but now (when I was declined comunión 😉) we have to delegalize religious organizations” Now, that would be unexpected too!

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

Now that the Mariupol soldiers hiding in a steel factory have surrendered as prisoners of war, Ukraine is hoping they could be involved in a prisoner swap. However, Russia says the Supreme Court will decide on whether to charge them with being terrorists!

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/fears-grow-for-mariupol-soldiers-branded-terrorists-in-russia-1.4881254

I suppose this is all according to Russia's nebulous definition of what constitutes extremism.

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

Now that the Mariupol soldiers hiding in a steel factory have surrendered as prisoners of war, Ukraine is hoping they could be involved in a prisoner swap. However, Russia says the Supreme Court will decide on whether to charge them with being terrorists!

I never thought I'd say this about battle hardened veterans but I feel really sorry for those guys and gals. In their shoes I'd be terrified that now they've surrendered some will seek revenge for their holding out so long. Their's different reports going round and some politicians are engaging in scare tactics, but that's par for the course when the top dog is KGB.

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

suppose this is all according to Russia's nebulous definition of what constitutes extremism.

We're counted as extremists partly because they know we won't shoot back. On the other hand if the Russian government tries to punish them there won't be much more its enemies can do that isn't been done already.

Bearing in mind that while Putin's war strategy seems hopeless his political acumen remains sharp so I'd say he's already decided how to turn these prisoners to his advantage. We just don't know what that is yet. 

During the occupation of residential neighborhoods, clergy of the Moscow patriarchate not only aided the enemy but they also told believers Russian propaganda stories.

This was described in a clip on TSN. It was noted that in Kiev oblast, priests even abducted people. This was reported by RBK-Ukraine.

One of these ministers of the church appropriated for himself stolen humanitarian aid and he retained volunteers in closed cells. Another greeted the invaders with an icon and quickly befriended them.

https://www2.stetson.edu/religious-news/220520a.html