JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

2 hours ago, Paulo said:

I agree with you my brother and I am in no way against you.

I was only pointing to the fact that while you see both sides promoting their point of view, still you labeled one of them as "russian propaganda" and "pro russian"

Propaganda has a heavy meaning and this days is another word for lie. I cannot see why one can apply it only to one side and still being neutral.

Because I read from both sides of the iron fence, I prefer to say "russia says", "the west says" and "official version".

You brother was just quoting the point of view from one of the sides and did not deserve an Argumentum ad hominem.

And we never see that happening when someone quotes the western MSM.

Thanks Paulo for your kind consideration and a nice bit of Latin I had to Google.

It's always difficult having a "conversation" by text rather than face to face. I've been in the truth over 40 years and been blessed with interacting with brothers from many backgrounds, even the "feisty" ones🤯🤣

We are all just delicate earthen vessels blessed to carry beautiful treasure on behalf of our forgiving Father, to the world, and Jehovah can see the potential in us for the next thousand years. We are mostly at the present time "crack[ed] pots"🙏😘

5 hours ago, ExquisitePeace said:

https://youtu.be/wm4qLWc_Co0?si=K67w7N44yqQ6Nn2r

Very interesting how he says the UN Security Council has the right to stop ALL the wars at any moment and promote peacekeeping missions for international peace and security.

Yes, but unfortunately, as he recognizes, those same wars were initiated by one of the P5 countries.

The KOTS has his hands in those 4 wars that 'destroy many in a time of peace' Daniel 8:25

And the video ends with an utopia asking to divest from the MIC to invest in peace.

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

1 hour ago, johnnyjw01 said:

They are always promising peace but there’s no peace… i don’t know if these statements already fulfilled the prophecy. I guess we will only know when they will attack the religions.

I kind of look to my neighbors to see if this could be the cry.  If they mock these cries of peace and security, then I feel like this isn't "IT".  The cry is supposed to mislead many.  Once they buy into the cry though, then I'll really start to wonder.  

3 minutes ago, Dhanyel said:

Very interesting 

LIFE AND MINISTRY MEETING WORKBOOKMarch–April 2024

https://www.jw.org/en/library/jw-meeting-workbook/march-april-2024-mwb/

At the end of the booklet, it asks to play the new song for the 2024 congress.

Maybe I'm already anxious?😃

You are so anxious that you posted this in the wrong topic 🤣

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Dhanyel said:

Very interesting 

LIFE AND MINISTRY MEETING WORKBOOKMarch–April 2024

https://www.jw.org/en/library/jw-meeting-workbook/march-april-2024-mwb/

At the end of the booklet, it asks to play the new song for the 2024 congress.

Maybe I'm already anxious?😃

I'm offended. I put the notebook under a microscope last night, I looked at everything but this detail had completely escaped me. I'm getting old.
Only 5 months to wait... 😍

Eph. 1:10  says there will be an organization in the last days.

Jesus asked the question for us " who really is the faithful slave" which anyone who honestly wants to understand should be looking for in the last days.

Keep in mind Jesus said all his followers are brothers and he Jesus was the leader. Appointed by Jehovah and not by might or ambition.

17 hours ago, Sofia said:

KOTN is Russia and it’s allies

Yes.  And back in October we had Study Article 34 - Learn From Bible Prophesy.

There we learned that Gog is actually Satan's entire political system.  So, Gog is a coalition of KOTN, KOTS , allies and everyone else.

Par. 12 - "The king of the north, acting along with the rest of the world's governments, attack God's people.

Par. 13 - "He (Jesus) destroys the coalition of nations, Satan's entire political system".

I imagine that all the governments will be involved in the destruction of BtG as well.

Edited by Doug

49 minutes ago, Doug said:

There we learned that Gog is actually Satan's entire political system.  So, Gog is a coalition of KOTN, KOTS , allies and everyone else.

Par. 12 - "The king of the north, acting along with the rest of the world's governments, attack God's people.

Par. 13 - "He (Jesus) destroys the coalition of nations, Satan's entire political system".

I imagine that all the governments will be involved in the destruction of BtG as well.

I cannot find those words in the said paragraphs, please help.

1 hour ago, Richie said:

Maybe the wrong reference.

Have a look at this from May 2020 - Study article 20

14 Sometime after the start of the great tribulation, “the kings of the entire inhabited earth” will form a coalition of nations. (Rev. 16:13, 14; 19:19) That coalition becomes what the Scriptures call “Gog of the land of Magog.” (Ezek. 38:2) That coalition of nations will make one final all-out assault on God’s people.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/watchtower-study-may-2020/Rival-Kings-in-the-Time-of-the-End/

Also the attached chart in the same magazine:

Prophecy: Gog invades the land of God’s people. Then, angels gather the “chosen ones.”

Fulfillment: The king of the north, acting along with the rest of the world’s governments, attacks God’s people. Some time after the beginning of this attack, the remaining anointed ones are gathered to heaven.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/watchtower-study-may-2020/Rival-Kings-in-the-Time-of-the-End/

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

2 hours ago, Doug said:

Please would you put links in your comments when quoting from any source.  I, too, am unable to find the reference you refer to in your comment.

Edited by GeordieGirl

1 hour ago, Richie said:

What do you use for study? Watchtower Library? just enter Gog grab coffee and enjoy personal study on the subject.

Have you done any Public Talks that incorporates the subject of Gog? 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

7 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

Please would you put links in your comments when quoting from any source.  I, too, am unable to find the reference you refer to in your comment.

I am still curious about after 2020 reference or even the future reference. Because, Russia made an action in 2022 that may affect our current understanding. Also Covid19 made a huge impact on our way of worship and even to the empire of Babylon the Great... Well, much better to wait and see😅

18 minutes ago, SteveAus said:

You can often use Google to find quoted articles. Place text in quotes and add site:jw.org

e.g.  "He (Jesus) destroys the coalition of nations, Satan's entire political system" site:jw.org

Result:

Yes, I did that.  Couldn't find any reference to the study Doug was talking about.

Though I do find an easier way is just to write:

site:jw.org  in the address bar first, then just enter the words you want. You don't need to use quotation marks.

as in eg:   site:jw.org gog of magog

Edited by GeordieGirl