JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

1 hour ago, New World Explorer said:

I do not aim to be negative, but so far since 1 January we are trying hard to implement a different approach to the ministry here Down Under, despite that, people react exactly the same. Personally I do not see any change in attitudes towards our message of good news.  so far people react no differently. 

My impression of our new approach is that it's designed to make our ministry more relaxed and enjoyable. Not counting hours and so forth goes along with that.

I think of these scriptures:  "The Word of God is alive and exerts power" and it is "God who makes it grow".

While out in service we share how we got the truth.  One, now zealous sister, said the Witness came to her door, not speaking English, held out a tract and said "Here!".  The householder took it, looked it over, and found out her neighbor was a Witness and a Bible study was started.  So, if we're taking notes; The sisters presentation was "Here!"

The truth will touch the hearts of rightly disposed ones.  We certainly want to make it appealing, and 'simple' is appealing.

I see a composite motive for the new approach;  We will enjoy our ministry more by feeling less pressure and therefore have a greater share.  And, as has always been true, God will make it grow where and when he can.

"Personally I do not see any change toward our message .  .   .   people react no differently".    This would be true even if we showed up with coffee and doughnuts!  :coffee:

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

Exactement, chère sœur.

Le temps fixé pour le GT a été établi il y a longtemps.

Nous nous y préparons. Pourtant, il est encore temps de se repentir après GT pendant une courte période.

Bien sûr, il sera difficile pour les nouveaux d’apprendre la vérité dans des jours aussi difficiles, donc le mieux est qu’ils l’apprennent maintenant. 
Mais il sera temps.

frère Geoffrey a déclaré que chaque jour des milliers d'enfants naissaient. Si nous pensons que Jéhovah donne du temps, ce moment ne viendra jamais.

Mais il ne sera pas tard ! C'est réglé et ce sera pile à l'heure !

It's personal but I totally share your point of view, lovely Sofia. This is how I understand it. But I also believe that what @Michal and others are trying to tell us, with great kindness and subtlety, is that if Jehovah proposes as a Regional Convention theme ' the Good News to preach ', for example, it is that there is still much to do in the work and that it requires time. That said, it is not at all incompatible with what we believe regarding the imminence of the GT now that we know that people will be able to take a position AFTER the big event. Everything will depend on the duration of the GT until Armageddon. We will then have to preach more than ever.

17 minutes ago, Dolce vita said:

It's personal but I totally share your point of view, lovely Sofia. This is how I understand it. But I also believe that what @Michal and others are trying to tell us, with great kindness and subtlety, is that if Jehovah proposes as a Regional Convention theme ' the Good News to preach ', for example, it is that there is still much to do in the work and that it requires time. That said, it is not at all incompatible with what we believe regarding the imminence of the GT now that we know that people will be able to take a position AFTER the big event. Everything will depend on the duration of the GT until Armageddon. We will then have to preach more than ever.

Oh yes, we will preach MORE than ever and try hard to start or reactivate bible studies. This Feb Broadcasting gives a true hint about that. Disfellowshipped, old bible students: please come back! After GT it will be harder to deal with the dire situation. But no matter how much we preach, there will still be some unreachable humans... either in North Corea, or in deep jungle, remote islands, Islamic countries... etc. Jesus is the GREAT judge. The GT wont be late just to give them time. If they are not reachable Jesus will judge with fair and square justice, we dont have to worry.

The lesson from this months´s broadcasting is: "dont worry!" We trust Jehovah. 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

I personally feel that the talk of P&S along with the proclamation will come quickly, and it could be the perceived affect of religion that could be viewed as having the potential to upset what they view as true peace…. This could be enough to make them turn on BTG in order to do away with what they feel could be a problem to all their hard work

just speculation of course

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

2 hours ago, Doug said:

Personally I do not see any change toward our message .  .   .   people react no differently".    This would be true even if we showed up with coffee and doughnuts!  :coffee:

Golden thoughts! All we need is to endure in doing our best, the rest we can safely leave in Jehovah’s capable hands. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Ive been 20 years active now. Wow!

How time flies! 

Some bro and sis died at age 52. Im 40 now. I still have 12 yrs to live. 😁

I hope not. 

Now, I feel like feeling the midlife crisis. 

But, I feel blessed to see a lot of changes in the organization. 

And the appearance of King of North since our CBS of Daniel book in 2000-2001. 

Samuel Herd said that the nations are already talking about peace and security, so ANY DAY NOW. 

Meanwhile, we use our time to reach people as much as  we can especially in informal setting. 

We dont need to wait for our formal ministry to preach to people. 

4 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

I do not aim to be negative, but so far since 1 January we are trying hard to implement different approach to the ministry here Down Under, despite that, people react exactly the same. Personally I do not see any change in attitudes towards our message of good news. Perhaps Australia is bit sheltered from all turmoil that is happening right now in other parts? I do not know. But what is encouraging to see that since the reporting of hours was changed, many entered pioneer service. The change did not impact publishers in a sense that they can take it easy now and do little, tick the box and done… no! I see a lot of zeal displayed. But like I said, so far people react no differently. 

Yes, the same here. Publishers become so complacent except for those who really love Jehovah and the people. I guess in the future, Rev. 16:21 has to be clarified further down its meaning. 

14 minutes ago, Richie said:

Yes, the same here. Publishers become so complacent except for those who really love Jehovah and the people. I guess in the future, Rev. 16:21 has to be clarified further down its meaning. 

How do you know who doesn’t love Jehovah? You don’t know what going on in someone life….

10 minutes ago, Sackedbysapp said:

How do you know who doesn’t love Jehovah? You don’t know what going on in someone life….

Realistically, there are some. But we see publishers never change since then because of devotion. Some of them close to me that's why I continually advise and encourage them to give the best for Jehovah.

Edited by Richie

Interesting to see how the UN Secretary-General, Antonio Guterres, mentions "peace and security" twice during his speech ( 1:47 mark and 10:53 mark).  It's even more interesting in regards to the context, in how he's asking to

"strengthen and renew global peace and security frameworks" (10:51 mark).  One step closer until the nations give power to the United Nations to bring this about.

2 hours ago, Richie said:

UN Secretary-General on his priorities for 2024 - General Assembly briefing | United Nations

image.png.184b0f6acb858a34d6cf0a12f6ca7bc4.png

image.png.19d1f04579127c4031778157f69f37fe.png

image.png.8b2220cd43184eb0f92c78efc4fbe216.png

Edited by 80snewwave

"Any Day Now" 》 P&S/GT

1 hour ago, 80snewwave said:

give power to the United Nations

Either the famous 5 will do it in unity and agreement or… the reform of UN must pass by ABOLISHING the security council since it has become useless lately and all major challenges have passed to the general assembly 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

We now have a better understanding of the period of time called 'the Great Tribulation'. As Brother Geoffrey Jackson said, the kingdom witness work will continue on through the tribulation, and it seems likely that it will result in yet more who want to worship the true God. He also gave us encouragement about this period when he told us that we would all be going through it together. The anointed will still be with us up to end end of that time. This helps us to better understand the words at Matthew 24:22, which say: "In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short". The great tribulation will be cut short and the GB and any other of the remnant of anointed ones, will be taken swiftly to be with Christ Jesus, at that time.

Isn't it heartwarming to know that we have these faithful anointed ones with us, right up to the point just before Armageddon takes place.

35 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Either the famous 5 will do it in unity and agreement or… the reform of UN must pass by ABOLISHING the security council since it has become useless lately and all major challenges have passed to the general assembly 

You’re absolutely right Sofia. From scripture all we see in Revelation is that the 10 horns (the political powers) that are on the scarlet coloured wild beast (the UN) will devour the harlot (false religion). Whether this comes about by complete reform of the UN and abolishing the SC (which seems unlikely even though a lot seem to be calling for it to be reformed) or by those existing SC members coming to the same conclusion for some reason, remains to be seen. All we know is that Jehovah will put his thought into their hearts to do it so we don’t necessarily need to be waiting for a reform of the UN. Jehovah will make it happen any way he wants. 

I wonder with so many references to P&S (which is a demon inspired lie) if Satan is trying to fool us thinking this is it, but really he’s just messing with us because he knows we’re waiting for it? I guess we’ll only know which is the true cry by the immediate and sudden destruction of BtG straight after.

The watchtower even says the true P&S cry may be different to all the others as people may think that world leaders have succeeded in making the world a safer place. So we know we haven’t seen it yet. But it feels very close doesn’t it. 

Also of importance is the paragraph 20.

As it happened again a couple days ago, this time in a EU country and against the Russian Orthodox Church.

Edited by Paulo

typo

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

Leonard Myers, Helper/Writing Committee at the 31:31 mark of the video

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODMoviesBibleTimes/pub-wpc_2_VIDEO 

As we see how the UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres is wanting to "strengthen and renew global peace and security frameworks", this brings to mind what was said by Brother Leonard Myers, Helper/Writing Committee during the Regional Convention 2022 Drama, Jehovah Guides Us in the Way of Peace—Part 2. 

At the 31:31 mark, he says what the Book of Revelation tells us will soon happen, in regards to

"The political rulers of this world will give the United Nations unprecedented power and authority".  He further elaborates in what the Apostle Paul foretold in that "the nations will declare "peace and security".

I recall when this was released, almost two years ago, and how impactful it felt.  Exciting indeed!

1 hour ago, Dhanyel said:

Revelation—Its Grand Climax at Hand! Chapter 35 paragraph 21 Executing Babylon the Great 

Screenshot_20240208-084936.thumb.png.ae96c1e13d2919e68937f3f6e4dc3c41.png

Edited by 80snewwave

"Any Day Now" 》 P&S/GT

7 hours ago, Richie said:

Last time we expected the pronouncement of heavy judgment based on this text. Now, we need further meaning of it. Hopefully soon. 

Here is my thought on this. Since the sisters are proclaiming the Good News in a large army (Ps. 68:11), then they would do this work while the brothers would be sitting at their homes growing their beards.