JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

2 hours ago, Richie said:

image.thumb.png.a5b1ad272d41cce5ae1ba39a7a6094f7.png

The "pure worship" book says that the Jerusalem mentioned at book of Matthew 24:25 is no longer referring to Christendom as the antitypical Jerusalem. Since then, where is the Jerusalem now referring for? Is it the today Israel where the UN and the West have pressed Israel to accept the solution that he wouldn't like it?

If Israel will feel humiliated by the UN and West pressures. Can we say that the "disgusting thing" stands in the holy place?

More exciting things to come.... let see

I believe to the fact that Israel become an apostate when she rejected God's son. She was God's people and was in pure worship before. 

Today, Jerusalem is a holy place for all Abrahamaic religions (Christendom, Jews and Islam denominations). 

3 hours ago, Richie said:

If Trump will win the next US Presidency and let Russia to fight with NATO alone in the future. In my opinion, he is the one can fulfill the final scene in the prophecy, the NATO's war in the farthest North (Russia).

Gog of Magog, that attempts to wipe up God’s people will be united, not fighting each other. (What if Trump does not win?) 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

2 hours ago, Richie said:

image.thumb.png.a5b1ad272d41cce5ae1ba39a7a6094f7.png

The "pure worship" book says that the Jerusalem mentioned at book of Matthew 24:25 is no longer referring to Christendom as the antitypical Jerusalem. Since then, where is the Jerusalem now referring for? Is it the today Israel where the UN and the West have pressed Israel to accept the solution that he wouldn't like it?

If Israel will feel humiliated by the UN and West pressures. Can we say that the "disgusting thing" stands in the holy place?

More exciting things to come.... let see

This reminds me Daniel 11:45. 

We will have to wait and see how it will be fullfilled.

The king of the North will pitch his royal tents in the territory that exists between the sea (mediterranean) and the Holy Mountain ( Jerusalem). Then he reaches it´s end. The next verse we see the great tribulation. (Dan. 12:1)

Can this happen BEFORE GT? It seems so, according to the prophecy, since the prophecy is in chronological order, but GB has to a word to say about it. We simply dont know.

If, just if it happens BEFORE GT, could this territory mean the actual Israel and the current war? We dont know.

Could KOTN be defeated before GT, so as KOTS remains the most powerful world power before Armagedom? We dont know.

Can this prophecy be compared to the above text, where Jesus fortold the disgusing thing to be in a Holy Place? Jerusalem in 66-70 EC was NO LONGER a Holy place to Jehovah. Yet, Jesus mentioned it as a holy place because it was so for the eyes of most jews back then. The roman armies occupied the same territory mentioned in Dan. 11:45. (between the sea and the holy mountain). So can this be a second fullfillment of Jesus prophecy, simbolizing the attack (not to God´s people) but to BTG? WE DONT KNOW. We will have to wait and see :)

One thing for sure, at the right point we will all discern quite well: THIS IS IT! and the GB will tell us that! BTG is gone!

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

12 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Gog of Magog, that attempts to wipe up God’s people will be united, not fighting each other. (What if Trump does not win?) 

I was thinking about that. In Pakistan last weekend the impossible happened: The oposition party wan the elections generating a total chaos in the country. Jehovah is in command as the time for GT aproaches... He will make things happen even the unexpected :) 

(Job.34.20  They may die suddenly, in the middle of the night; They shake violently and pass away; Even the powerful are removed, but not by human hands.)

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

7 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

In this I share the opinion of the Russian and Chinese, and actually a lot of other Global South governments and media.

Whoever is the next president of the US, nothing will change and the loonies will continue to run the asylum.

Most of the stories in western media about Biden and Trump are made to affect emotions and for the purpose of winning the next election. They never let facts get in the way of a good story.

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

27 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

If Trump will not win, it doesn't matter. For now his attitude is a hint. 

The highlights of Gog at Ezekiel 38, 39 is the attack towards Jehovah's people. But if we try to imagine the scene, the highlights gives more than the attack. 

1 hour ago, Dages said:

No. Current Israel is irrelevant.

The people, the country and the government called Israel today are irrelevant.

But the land, the dirt, the ground, whatever you wish to call it, is a different issue because the land between the 2 rivers still has a rightful owner, with a deed and registration to prove it.

And I am certain that in the NW nobody else will put his tent there, unless its owner allows him to do it.

Edited by Paulo

typo

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

35 minutes ago, Sofia said:

I was thinking about that. In Pakistan last weekend the impossible happened: The oposition party wan the elections generating a total chaos in the country. Jehovah is in command as the time for GT aproaches... He will make things happen even the unexpected :) 

(Job.34.20  They may die suddenly, in the middle of the night; They shake violently and pass away; Even the powerful are removed, but not by human hands.)

Those political leaders have same imperfect body as the rest humankind.

They may have sudden stroke or heart attack and that’s the end of them. Nothing is permanent and solid. Imagine Mr. Great won election in November but in December he is out of action … same happened to forerunner … thus someone Third need to emerge. Unpredictably of this system is at core of last days … but Jehovah got this. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, Desert Dan said:

You are referring to "shrinkflation" and is a global problem if you research it.

'Shrinkflation' accelerates globally as manufacturers shrink package sizes : NPR

Around here, chocolate bonbon are almost the size of candy.

Additionally, dairy industries are "mixing" ingredients to lower the cost of some products. You can buy powdered milk, but if you can't afford it, you can opt to buy a milk mixture.

Also think about something basic like bread. Years ago, with R$1.00 it was possible to buy up to ten loaves of bread. Today we managed to buy 3 loaves of bread with the same price.

And the list only grows.

8 minutes ago, Mike047 said:

Brothers, we need to be very careful that our comments to each other do not overstep the political boundary.

Discussing hypothetical scenarios without attachment to it is far from touching political territory. But yes, it’s a good reminder. Always better not to touch that boundary. 

1 hour ago, Mike047 said:

Brothers, we need to be very careful that our comments to each other do not overstep the political boundary.

Absolutely! Lets just sit back and watch this scene and prophecy unfold.  We do not know how alot of things will unravel and where in this chess game does Jehovah declare checkmate.

So many possibilities and we get anxious because we want to know the end of the story.

One consolation I find is in Ezequiel 38:8 (..... in the final part of the years.......)  So we are almost there.

However exciting these days are, we pray for the worldwide brotherhood.

Edited by cme

misspelled word.

1 hour ago, New World Explorer said:

Discussing hypothetical scenarios without attachment

Greg, it is still a concern. Being a global forum, and with brothers and sisters from all walks of life and backgrounds, we need to careful that the sensitivities of those reading the threads are not a cause of over-worry. You may see it that way, but do others appreciate your point of view? 

1 hour ago, cme said:

Absolutely! Lets just sit back and watch this scene and prophecy unfold.  We do not know how alot of things will unravel and where in this chess game does Jehovah declare checkmate.

So many possibilities and we get anxious because we want to know the end of the story.

One consolation I find is in Ezequiel 38:8 (..... in the final part of the years.......)  So we are almost there.

However exciting these days are, we pray for the worldwide brotherhood.

All assumptions were formulated by keen interest in God's words. Might be some are true or half truth. Making assumtions make us awake as long as they are Biblical, keeping its limit and should not be dogmatic. Some of my friends were died old and faithful also made several assumptions years ahead that are now held new lights.

As long as we are not dogmatic, assumptions can make us active and strong in faith. Like the old days, apostles and faithful servants also did similar to us that kept them alive and in the faith.

By the way, thank you for your upbuilding words...

Edited by Richie

3 hours ago, Mike047 said:

Greg, it is still a concern. Being a global forum, and with brothers and sisters from all walks of life and backgrounds, we need to careful that the sensitivities of those reading the threads are not a cause of over-worry. You may see it that way, but do others appreciate your point of view? 

Could you please elaborate on my point of view? I think I am missing something my dear brother. ( I am trying to see where boundary was broken and improve) Thanks ☺️ (please pm me privately-edited) 

Edited by New World Explorer

In some lands, I guess the stance taken by the government is more rigid than that taken in other lands. I was thinking of how careful our brothers and sisters have been at different time periods and in different lands. During the periods of WWI and WWII our brothers and many others were classified as Conscientious Objectors. At that time they had to be very careful about comments they made, and sometimes upset others.

One of the problems of being an older person is that you can be over cautious about words. In this day and age, for example we have to be careful about gender words and similar expressions. Whether on a forum or in a more public arena, I have tried to be careful. 

If this is an over-reaction, my humble apologies.

14 hours ago, Doug said:

I find the whole thing deplorable, if true.  The President of the USA making a PSA because ice cream boxes are getting smaller.

Well, from what I'm seeing today, that video message from Biden about ice cream is real.

I think the KOTS is in for a shake-up sooner than later.    .  .  elderly man .   .   .

***  I just want to point out as a reminder that this particular topic (as are many others on JW talk) are open to the entire world to view, not just JW's.    Were you aware of that?   This P&S one is not a private topic whereas you need to log in to read stuff - anyone can view the chat and I tested it just before writing this.   Using terms such as "loonies", etc are not appropriate, for multiple reasons so let's keep this in mind relative to the style and verbiage used in our responses to describe people or governments.

Remember - ONCE on the Internet, it may be there forever.

Edited by Desert Dan

It is important to raise this, Dan. In the distant past, the Golden Age (now Awake!) included political jibes and they were fairly direct at times. At that time the brothers felt that this kind of political comment was acceptable, but they soon abandoned the idea. When  we check the layout of our public journals, we see just how careful they are. Maybe a lesson for us?

7 minutes ago, Mike047 said:

In the distant past, the Golden Age (now Awake!) included political jibes and they were fairly direct at times. 

When  we check the layout of our public journals, we see just how careful they are. 

They walk a fine line.   A recent topic on jw.org was on governmental corruption.  It includes the comment "God will thus end the corruption we see today".

Corruption is a fact.  But care must be exercised not to paint with too broad of a brush?

as far as i understand it in the united states:

political left  is for the change to a more unchristian point of veiw.

Political right is for the conservative non change.

I think Trump is in the political right camp of not trying to change things.

either way prophesy will be fulfilled;  Christ is coming to take over all government.

in the end government officials are asked to kiss the Son before hand.

some may not be part of the secret spirit sons of Satan the goat class... and they may help moderate the damage so life is little more comfortable;  but at some point there will be anguish of nations not knowing the way out and Jehovah will here the cry's in heaven.

closer we get the better the understanding no doubt.