JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

34 minutes ago, vern said:

all i know; is trump got gas prices down.

Hmm, I thought it was COVID and so many staying home causing demand to tank.

Of course, once things opened back up ... Prices would rise as demand kicked into high gear.

And sadly, it's about to get worse:

Surging gas prices just hit a significant milestone

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/18/business/gas-prices-inflation-russia

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

https://theprint.in/world/india-condemns-all-forms-of-religiophobia-ruchira-kamboj-as-un-adopts-resolution-on-measures-to-combat-islamophobia/2003155/

“We trust that the resolution adopted today does not establish a precedent that could result in numerous resolutions centred on phobias tied to specific religions, potentially dividing the United Nations into religious camps,” she stressed.

Kamboj emphasised the need for the United Nations to maintain its stance above such religious concerns, which have the potential to fragment us rather than unite us under the banner of peace and harmony, embracing the world as one global family.

3 hours ago, Stormswift said:

Not here he didn't.  😄 🤣 😂 😆 

Like wise!

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

11 hours ago, McKay said:

Right. But this doesn't say that this "fire come down out of heaven" was limited to the two nuclear bombs. It was just using the only two known examples at the time.  These verses do not preclude another nuke from being detonated.

Another way to think about it:   If two rival gangs were fighting (like the Sharks and the Jets in West Side Story) and one person had a gun, that person could effectively use the gun to bring the fight to an end.

Now, if everyone had their own gun, it would be rather stupid for any of them to use their gun because they would not put an end to the fight, that would only make the fight a circular firing squad.

Google says there are 9 countries with nuclear weapons.  Iran will be the 10th.  If only one used a nuke, there would be a chain reaction on some level.

In any case, Rev. 13:13 and the w22.05 10 were added to our Beliefs Clarified.   Hopefully there will be no reason to update.  :shutup:

21 minutes ago, Doug said:

Another way to think about it:   If two rival gangs were fighting (like the Sharks and the Jets in West Side Story) and one person had a gun, that person could effectively use the gun to bring the fight to an end.

Now, if everyone had their own gun, it would be rather stupid for any of them to use their gun because they would not put an end to the fight, that would only make the fight a circular firing squad.

Google says there are 9 countries with nuclear weapons.  Iran will be the 10th.  If only one used a nuke, there would be a chain reaction on some level.

In any case, Rev. 13:13 and the w22.05 10 were added to our Beliefs Clarified.   Hopefully there will be no reason to update.  :shutup:

Yes, that scripture refers to Anglo- American Power, yet other nations set off nukes too for testing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nuclear_weapons_tests#:~:text=This has been done on,sites far from territorial waters.

Edited by Dustparticle

38 minutes ago, Doug said:

What I understand from the last AM, We may expect adjustments, clarifications and enlightenments from time to time. Now the latest thru the latest update. So we must keep the future updates for us to keep informed.

4 minutes ago, Doug said:

Most notably N. Korea.    Imagine the shock and awe when Iran conducts a test  :eek:

It maybe shock and awe, but at the end of the day, who dropped the nukes on Japan? Many might think Iran is a nutty country, the Anglo- American Power dropped nukes on people and destroyed nations through the years too.

11 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

It maybe shock and awe, but at the end of the day, who dropped the nukes on Japan? Many might think Iran is a nutty country, the Anglo- American Power dropped nukes on people and destroyed nations through the years too.

Japan signed the Tripartite Pact , forming the Axis alliance with Germany and Italy.   So, if Germany or Italy had nukes, there likely would have been a tit-for-tat response.

The Anglo-American bombs fulfilled Rev. 13:13.  But today, any country using a nuke could very well be the end of civilization.   And we know Jehovah won't let that happen.

52 minutes ago, vern said:

Whats the point of a nuke that ruins the land you want to rule over to plunder the resources and make your government bigger.

Is no point.

There is one point that I can think of.  It makes me so glad that Jehovah will actively protect the Earth and it's inhabitants.  The nations reflect Satan's thinking.  Rule or ruin.  If I can't have it, no one can.  Jehovah protects us from others with that attitude.

Part of me wonders if there will be an attempt at a scorched earth policy when it becomes evident that no one can stand up to Jehovah and His armies.

Edited by coolbrz731

WARSAW, Poland -- Poland's foreign minister says the presence of NATO forces “is not unthinkable” and that he appreciates the French president for not ruling out that idea.

Poland's Prime Minister Donald Tusk was among those European leaders who initially ruled out sending troops to Ukraine after Macron's remarks, saying: “Poland does not plan to send its troops to the territory of Ukraine."

But less than two weeks later Sikorski struck a different tone.

“The presence of #NATO forces in Ukraine is not unthinkable," he said, according to the Foreign Ministry's tweet. He said he appreciated Macron's initiative “because it is about Putin being afraid, not us being afraid of Putin.”

Sikorski's remark is part of a broader shift to align with Macron's position, wrote Phillips O’Brien, professor of strategic studies at the University of St. Andrews, Scotland.https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/polands-foreign-minister-presence-nato-troops-ukraine-unthinkable-107959846

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Trump on FOX | Discussing Israel says “We need peace in the world,” “You have to have peace in the Middle East” referring to The Abraham Accords, “I will achieve peace in Ukraine even before I become President, I will do it as President-Elect.”

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6349131526112

1 minute ago, zoebarry said:

Trump on FOX | Discussing Israel says “We need peace in the world,” “You have to have peace in the Middle East” referring to The Abraham Accords, “I will achieve peace in Ukraine even before I become President, I will do it as President-Elect.”

Anyone else think the ‘I’ button on his keyboard is wearing out lol 

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

Iran may attack US water supplies, warns Biden administration

https://www.yahoo.com/news/iran-may-attack-us-water-204658666.html

Want to see famine and death fast? My opinion nukes are a last resort for a WW3 scenario. Dictators like power which means they like living too.

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

1 hour ago, MChill14 said:

La France prépare déjà quelque 2 000 soldats pour l'Ukraine, affirme la Russie.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/europe/france-already-preparing-some-2-000-troops-for-ukraine-russia-claims/3168788

It's Russian intelligence which suggests this. France denies and speaks of disinformation.
Time will tell who the liar is😁

1 hour ago, zoebarry said:

That's what we want to hear!!!!    He may be a narcissist but he's talking P&S  :drool:

https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/topstories/nation/900994/child-abuse-raps-filed-vs-quiboloy-others/story/

Child abuse and human trafficking charges have been filed against Kingdom of Jesus Christ leader Apollo Quiboloy and five others, the Department of Justice (DOJ) announced Tuesday. 

15 hours ago, zoebarry said:

Any day now!

On 3/19/2024 at 2:51 AM, Dages said:

fire from heaven ? 

Before the first nuclear bomb was dropped on Hiroshima, there was an air raid siren about an hour before and many locals in the area took to shelter. However, when they left their air raid shelters after the cancellation of the air raid and they ventured outdoors some time later, they would be looking at the sky to make sure that the sky was clear.

Nearly an hour later, just before the bomb was eventually dropped, they would have heard the noise of a US bomber plane and a couple of support planes from above, and many of the locals would have been looking up at the sky seeing these planes wondering whether it may be an air raid or not. But because it was only a few planes, they didn't sound the air raid siren, thinking that they were performing a reconnaissance mission. Thus the locals were outside just watching these planes flying overhead.

Now when they did drop the nuclear bomb onto the city, the bomb did not detonate when impacting the ground, but had instead detonated about 500m (1,600ft) in the air. This allowed the maximum effect of the blast of the bomb to cause as much destruction to the city. If the bomb had it the ground, it would have limited the effect of the blast, as the ground would have soaked up much of the energy released and softened the blow. Thus it was decided that the bomb would blast some distance off the ground to cause the most damage to the city, unlike the conventional bombs that they normally drop hitting only on impact.

So, when Hiroshima's residence heard the noise of the planes flying overhead, most of the locals would have been looking up to see the planes that were flying overhead (by this time they would have been turning away from their course in dropping the bomb). Not actully been able to pick up the sight a bomb being dropped onto them (still being some distance in the air), they would have also seen the denotation of the nuclear bomb in the middle of the sky, thus seeing something like "fire coming down from the heavens" to the local Japanese's viewpoint.

It is also intieresting to note why Hiroshima and Nagasaki didn't have the nuclear fall out issues on the ground was because the bombs radiation was dispersed in the air and the wind spread it all over the world thus dilating the radiation effects.

Edited by Pabo

On 3/19/2024 at 1:16 AM, Friends just call me Ross said:

Speaking of Nuclear Holocausts...

I just finished watching the 1983 movie "The Day After" NukeMini.gif.fc4a943509f92bb646115f9a4a13546d.gifNukeMini.gif.fc4a943509f92bb646115f9a4a13546d.gifNukeMini.gif.fc4a943509f92bb646115f9a4a13546d.gifNukeMini.gif.fc4a943509f92bb646115f9a4a13546d.gif

I just watched the movie.  I skipped the after movie discussion.

I am so grateful for the Kingdom Hope. 💜

This movie was shown to the President of the USA before the actual release to the general public, and it had moved not only Ronald Reagan, but also most of his internal staff to really think about what they were doing with their builidng of their nuclear weapon stockpile, which lead to them to initiate a deal with the Russians government (lead by Mikhail Gorbachev) to lower the number of nuclear weapons they were building.

The red heifer ... I never understood that Jewish conspiracy theory. There is NO prophecy about Jews getting "cleansed" and then the Temple suddenly comes back.

It's so weird. AND I know there are several fundamentalist "Christian" groups that have an idea of these red cows being sacrificed too and this opening the way for a new temple. It is especially crazy when you think how "Christians" should recognize that it is ONLY Jesus that can "cleanse"/ purify their sins.

Cults and conspiracists comes up with some of the craziest stuff!  :no:

EDIT: for those interested - the account about how a red cow was sacrificed to provide a method of cleansing is found at Num 19, but again NOTHING about any prophecy.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

3 hours ago, Pabo said:

It is also intieresting to note why Hiroshima and Nagasaki didn't have the nuclear fall out issues on the ground was because the bombs radiation was dispersed in the air and the wind spread it all over the world thus dilating the radiation effects.

I've always wondered about this.  I've visited Hiroshima, and it is a vibrant, bustling city.  No one would imagine in their wildest dreams it's the same city that suffered that enormous destruction.  The Peace Park with the blast epicentre has the building, Genbaku Dome, with a lot of it still intact left as a memorial.  It doesn't really look any worse that a normal bomb blast effect would.  And I wondered how come we are all allowed to walk around ground zero.  Now I know.  Thanks.