JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

59 minutes ago, trottigy said:

Didn't China and Russia veto this resolution? 

A U.S.-sponsored resolution calling for an "immediate and sustained cease-fire" in the Israel-Hamas war failed in the United Nations Security Council, with Russia and China vetoing the measure.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/israel-hamas/2024/03/22/gaza-cease-fire-united-nation-security-council-vote/73064240007/

45 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

U.S.-sponsored resolution calling for an "immediate and sustained cease-fire" in the Israel-Hamas war failed in the United Nations Security Council

Yep… somethings never fail.

it was expected 

Security council is useless 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, trottigy said:

Didn't China and Russia veto this resolution? 

Yes look just above your post. Hehe

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

2 hours ago, zoebarry said:

Gunmen open fire at people at concert hall near Moscow, casualties reported

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/shooting-blast-reported-concert-hall-near-moscow-agencies-2024-03-22/

This could trigger major reaction by Russia against the West…..

Information from the article:

ATTACK WARNING

Two weeks ago, the U.S. embassy in Russia warned that "extremists" had imminent plans for an attack in Moscow.

The embassy issued its warning several hours after the FSB said it had foiled an attack on a Moscow synagogue by a cell of the militant Sunni Muslim group Islamic State.

(If this is true then false  “religion” once again is causing trouble, in fact this could unite more West and East against extremism) 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

2 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Informations de l'article :

AVERTISSEMENT D'ATTAQUE

Il y a deux semaines, l'ambassade américaine en Russie a averti que des "extrémistes" envisageaient d'attaquer Moscou de manière imminente.

L'ambassade a émis son avertissement quelques heures après que le FSB a déclaré avoir déjoué une attaque contre une synagogue de Moscou par une cellule du groupe militant sunnite Etat islamique.

(Si cela est vrai, alors la fausse « religion » cause une fois de plus des problèmes, en fait cela pourrait unir davantage l’Occident et l’Est contre l’extrémisme.) 

Aaah,thank you  brother Greg, I was waiting for someone to comment...this could be a tipping point if they decide to blame Ukraine, right?

ISIS claims responsibility for attack in busy Moscow-area concert venue that left at least 40 dead

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/22/europe/crocus-moscow-shooting/index.html

The plot thickens... 😬

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

20 minutes ago, trottigy said:

Cela semble plus lié à la guerre en Israël qu’à celle en Ukraine.

I just told myself, Jerry, that Russia could accuse Ukraine so it would have free rein to amplify the conflict. The declaration of the Islamic state puts an end to the hypothesis. End of episode. The rest is coming soon.

36 minutes ago, Dolce vita said:

Aaah,thank you  brother Greg, I was waiting for someone to comment...this could be a tipping point if they decide to blame Ukraine, right?

I think you misunderstood my comment, attack looks more related to religious extremists from Middle East and not Ukraine. At least that's what is reported on the news. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Do we know why Isis has done this to Russia? Islam is not being suppressed as a religion in Russia (atm). But interestingly, a lot of the mobilisation came from the Muslim regional states such as Dagestan. I read ages ago now that a higher proportion of those killed come from the countryside, in the Muslim regions. They may be fed up with being fodder for the Ukraine war?

Or, they may be retaliating because Russia has opposed the ceasefire in Gaza?

Whatever the reason, it now has a distinct religious flavour rather than political. You can really see how politics is going to hate the harlot.

59 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Je pense que vous avez mal compris mon commentaire, l'attaque semble davantage liée aux extrémistes religieux du Moyen-Orient et non d'Ukraine. C'est du moins ce qui est rapporté aux informations. 

Yes yes Greg, that's what I understood. I was just thinking of a diversion to justify an upcoming operation in Ukraine. When you think about it: why would ISIS attack Russia?

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

So, one of the articles posted by Sofia says Russia believes the US is recruiting Daesh and Isis fighters, training them in Syria, and sending them off to Russia to “exsanguinate” Russia.

🤔

More pushing North vs South if this is true.

I really don’t care. They are fulfilling prophecy and we know that the time is short. 👍

Why do I feel that Ukraine and the West will take the blame and tonight there will be showers of missiles on Ukraine 😩😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

I think this is the part that is so upsetting - those poor people stuck in war zones. We can’t just not be affected, everyone’s mental health will crack at seeing these horrific things on our news cycle. And when you add all the misinformation in this digital age, it almost breaks the brain with worry.

Which is why the only way out of this insanity is Ps 56:3 When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. What a very comforting scripture for all of us this year, hey? It’s going to get a lot worse before it gets better. But, we all have to keep trusting in Jehovah 🌹

1 minute ago, hatcheckgirl said:

I think this is the part that is so upsetting - those poor people stuck in war zones. We can’t just not be affected, everyone’s mental health will crack at seeing these horrific things on our news cycle. And when you add all the misinformation in this digital age, it almost breaks the brain with worry.

Which is why the only way out of this insanity is Ps 56:3 When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. What a very comforting scripture for all of us this year, hey? It’s going to get a lot worse before it gets better. But, we all have to keep trusting in Jehovah 🌹

We just all need to stop thinking and/or asking how much worse could it get!  We don’t want to know!!!

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

1 hour ago, hatcheckgirl said:

So, one of the articles posted by Sofia says Russia believes the US is recruiting Daesh and Isis fighters, training them in Syria, and sending them off to Russia to “exsanguinate” Russia.

A politician, dictator, president-for-life or whatever is likely to blame whom he wants to blame. Regardless of who is actually responsible.

The tragedy presents an opportunity to retaliate against the adversary of choice, And in this age of disinformation, who would know ?

3 hours ago, Dolce vita said:

Yes yes Greg, that's what I understood. I was just thinking of a diversion to justify an upcoming operation in Ukraine. When you think about it: why would ISIS attack Russia?

On your question, this is what is reported on the news; 

While the attack by ISIS-K in Russia on Friday was a dramatic escalation, experts said the group has opposed Russian President Vladimir Putin in recent years.
"ISIS-K has been fixated on Russia for the past two years, frequently criticizing Putin in its propaganda," said Colin Clarke of Soufan Center, a Washington-based research group.
Michael Kugelman of the Washington-based Wilson Center said that ISIS-K "sees Russia as being complicit in activities that regularly oppress Muslims."
He added that the group also counts as members a number of Central Asian militants with their own grievances against Moscow.https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/why-did-isis-k-attack-moscow-theater-2024-03-23/