JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

On 4/2/2024 at 12:39 AM, Tortuga said:

The world is a mess, every situation is a lose-lose. I can't understand why anyone would want to be the President of the USA and be put in the middle of this mess. They have to be crazy to want to be the President. 

Welllll, looking at the current pool of participants, plenty of crazy to go around.  I saw a headline about the Kennedy guy recently and just thought, the people of this system are so sick of the “reasonable politicians “ not accomplishing anything that they are turning to the unreasonable dictators hoping brute force will get them what they want. 
They forget it has been tried before and failed too. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

4 hours ago, Mike047 said:

We await Jehovah's righteous war. It will not be pleasant, but it will be necessary. Beforehand, though, we must exert ourselves to try and reach out to all peoples. More will be helped as we seek to apply the fine guiding counsel in our new LPMD brochure.

Yep, you are right.  Reaching out to many as we can.  I thought my sister would never come into the "truth"  I told my husband that if she ever did Armaggeddon was not far behind.

She did!

Now I have a very arrogant brother who is bombarding me with all sorts of writers of books for self-help and happiness.  He says that we know God as Jehovah he knows him only as "father". 

I said, "let me introduce you to your father then" and off I went with many scriptures asserting that the name of God is Jehovah.    Ummmmm......this was awhile ago.  I'm still waiting to hear from him.  Its been 45 mins.  We have been texting back and forth all morning.  I always get stuck with people like him.  My husband laughs about it.  He feels maybe Jehovah is trying to teach me something.

I think so.....patience, humility and more patience.

25 minutes ago, Dhanyel said:

Parfois, je pense que la fin arrive dans une semaine, un mois, un an, mais il y a des jours où je pense que cela arrivera dans 15 ou 30 ans. Est-ce que vous aussi vivez cela ? Tout ce que je veux, c'est que tout se termine bientôt ; Je n'en peux plus de ce système déprimant ! 

Hold on, our beloved brother! Personally I am convinced that we are on the verge of tipping point. All the planets seem aligned to tell us that it's very, very soon, we just have to be ready. Jehovah has already set the date, we will neither be able to bring it forward nor back. But it seems to me that we are visibly prepared to experience the fatal hour for the world. This is how I understand all the programs posted on the site in recent years. And if we are wrong, it will be enough to draw us closer to Jehovah so that his holy spirit gives us patience and self-control, mastery of emotions. Jehovah is coming and I want to be ready, that's all I know.🤍

57 minutes ago, Dhanyel said:

Sometimes I think the end is coming in a week, a month, a year, but there are days when I think it will come in about 15 or 30 years. Do you also go through this? All I want is for everything to end soon; I can't stand this depressing system anymore! 

When I see victims of injustice or natural disasters the feelings get more intense.  But I think we all get that way. I have to pray more and practice patience like my sweet sister @Dolce vita said.  You have your brothers and sisters patiently waiting with you. :heart: It's coming. :)

Dance. Even if there's no music. 

Dance Dancing GIF by binibambini

12 minutes ago, ChrisW said:

When I see victims of injustice or natural disasters the feelings get more intense.  But I think we all get that way. I have to pray more and practice patience like my sweet sister @Dolce vita said.  You have your brothers and sisters patiently waiting with you. :heart: It's coming. :)

💯😘

1 hour ago, Dhanyel said:

Sometimes I think the end is coming in a week, a month, a year, but there are days when I think it will come in about 15 or 30 years. Do you also go through this? All I want is for everything to end soon; I can't stand this depressing system anymore! 

Not so far, but 10 years, yeah...

I hope it comes this year, but... sigh... we have to be patient, and many people need to hear the Good News.

17 minutes ago, Dages said:

Pas jusqu'à présent, mais dans 10 ans, oui...

J'espère que cela viendra cette année, mais... soupir... nous devons être patients, et beaucoup de gens ont besoin d'entendre la Bonne Nouvelle.

Don't you think, David, that they can hear about it even though the GT has started? We were taught that The Good News must be preached to the end, and events like GT may accelerate its spread, as in the 1st century when the Christians of Judea in particular were persecuted. I haven't thought of that ' Not so far, but 10 years, yeah...' but I totally agree !

2 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

I also think about 15 years...

To spoil an apple completely, you have to wait for the action of time, bacteria, worms, birds and, finally, corrosion with the ground soil....

I think we're still in the bacteria stage........

Unfortunately, there's a long way to go before we enter the Great Tribulation and the name "GT" makes sense.

35 minutes ago, Leonard Match Valid said:

To spoil an apple completely, you have to wait for the action of time, bacteria, worms, birds and, finally, corrosion with the ground soil....

Unfortunately, there's a long way to go before we enter the Great Tribulation and the name "GT" makes sense.

You think it’s a long way off?

42 minutes ago, Leonard Match Valid said:

I think it's rotten already... it's just a matter of continuing the preaching work imho

2 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

You are not alone brother who are thinking of this. One thing that help me to get it through is to make our own personal study firmed and meaningful. Or else  I can say there will be another 20 years from now. Fortunately I stood for 40 years passed waiting and still begging to Jehovah to give me more another 20 years. Honestly speaking, people who are given responsilities are so depressed and downedhearted when they feel they couldn't help others agonies and pain. This is the reason why some responsible brothers feel helpless but tried their best to help others to understand the meaning of patience and loyalty despite of discouragement though they feel the same thing.

Still Jehivah help us to understand the shortness of time despite of doubt.

54 minutes ago, Leonard Match Valid said:

15 years ? With Jehovah all is possible, it's true. But personally I wonder : in 15 years, what will happen to climate change? What about 1914 Generation ? May be a new  understanding of the Generation? But I also think about the state of God's people... 15 more years: only 'zombies' will remain.😊

yes, I think there will be more @shwan

I could be wrong of course

I agree with everyone that it seems to be very imminent but also an apparent scenario can be postponed. I think the evidence and proof that the King Jesus Advocate is collecting has gone into a new session and it's going to take some time, whether it's the new method of preaching that we have now, or the greater freedom afforded to Jehovah's Witnesses now, or any number of other things concerning the Kingdom....Wars and what men are doing are in the balance but Kingdom actions are the main thing...so I think it's going to take some more time....

I don't know... I personally think it's still "rotting".

in our vision it's fast but I think in a forward timeline (Jehovah's timeline) it takes a while...  @David

I'm not saying that I'm "Baruch", but we don't have all the privileged answers either, so it's better to keep our senses the same and continue to maintain a spiritual routine first and best.

Then, secondary, the secular routines 

@Danilo I totally agree. 

For me it would have to come right now, I can't stand this world and what happens in it either.

49 minutes ago, Leonard Match Valid said:

It is normal for fellow Christians to believe thing based on what they received. Based on what I experienced on helping others. They reacted based on what they learned. So, it is important to establish the concrete reasons why they should believe something according to what they understand. So, it is important to all responsble men to help others to reason out why they should think urgent and act according to the reason they receive. This is the best help we can offer to fellow Christians who feel frustated. About 15 years from now, it is an open topic nobody knows. Unless anybody can establish  that we are living shorter than 15 years. Anybody can share, please share it for upbuilding. That's only the reason why we are here to upbuild others and help them to maintain the fire of zeal.

5 minutes ago, Dolce vita said:

15 years ? With Jehovah all is possible, it's true. But personally I wonder : in 15 years, what will happen to climate change? What about 1914 Generation ? May be a new  understanding of the Generation? But I also think about the state of God's people... 15 more years: only 'zombies' will remain.😊

Why not? Russian bros and sis will be in and out of prison for 15 yrs.. 😄

We have almost 50C of temperature in my country for the summer now. 

How will the temp rise up after 15 yrs? 80C ... Maybe a worm will live underground. 

I find it curious that the theme for our Sunday program at the Regional Convention is "....."and then the end will come" Matt 24:14.  then the dramatic bible reading in the afternoon taken from Rev "There will be no delay any longer".  In whose mind is there a delay?  Why does the scripture say "any longer"?  I think that there are those that think it is a long way off. But I think our brothers are trying to let us know and prepare us.  What did Samuel Jackson say in Jurassic Park Jurassic Park Hold Onto Your Butts GIF  

Dance. Even if there's no music. 

Dance Dancing GIF by binibambini

12 minutes ago, ChrisW said:

I find it curious that the theme for our Sunday program at the Regional Convention is "....."and then the end will come" Matt 24:14.  then the dramatic bible reading in the afternoon taken from Rev "There will be no delay any longer".  In whose mind is there a delay?  Why does the scripture say "any longer"?  I think that there are those that think it is a long way off. But I think our brothers are trying to let us know and prepare us.  What did Samuel Jackson say in Jurassic Park Jurassic Park Hold Onto Your Butts GIF  

Me and my mom talked about that it. 

I'm also curious. 

3 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

Don't think for one minute that Jehovah does not hear our cries for the Kingdom to finally take place.

If His people are clamoring for relief will he not act?

He heard the isrealites in Egypt.  Please, don't give up.  Continue waiting and praying for endurance and patience and stay busy in Jehovah's work.  What is coming is not pretty.  You are not the only one feeling this.  We all are.

And if we all are, do you think Jehovah is deaf and does not hear us?  Does not see?  Does not feel?

Its coming and its coming fast.

1 hour ago, Dolce vita said:

What about 1914 Generation ? May be a new  understanding of the Generation? 

This has always been the key.  The unknown detail is the meaning of Jesus words "by no means pass away until all these things happen".

No explanation has been floated as to what he meant "by no means".  Dozens?   Hundreds?   Thousands?

I beat this drum a lot, but I'm personally convinced the GB pay attention (keep on the watch) to the number of partakers back in 1991/92 (the last chance to belong to the second group)  and how many of them are still with us.   Not their names ~ just the numbers.

But even then, we don't know what Jesus meant with "by no means".  To be a part of the second group, one would have been partaking for at least the past 32 years or more!!!

1 hour ago, Leonard Match Valid said:

yes, I think there will be more @shwan

I could be wrong of course

I agree with everyone that it seems to be very imminent but also an apparent scenario can be postponed. I think the evidence and proof that the King Jesus Advocate is collecting has gone into a new session and it's going to take some time, whether it's the new method of preaching that we have now, or the greater freedom afforded to Jehovah's Witnesses now, or any number of other things concerning the Kingdom....Wars and what men are doing are in the balance but Kingdom actions are the main thing...so I think it's going to take some more time....

I don't know... I personally think it's still "rotting".

in our vision it's fast but I think in a forward timeline (Jehovah's timeline) it takes a while...  @David

I'm not saying that I'm "Baruch", but we don't have all the privileged answers either, so it's better to keep our senses the same and continue to maintain a spiritual routine first and best.

Then, secondary, the secular routines 

@Danilo I totally agree. 

For me it would have to come right now, I can't stand this world and what happens in it either.

No way, sorry…

18 minutes ago, Doug said:

This has always been the key.  The unknown detail is the meaning of Jesus words "by no means pass away until all these things happen".

No explanation has been floated as to what he meant "by no means".  Dozens?   Hundreds?   Thousands?

I beat this drum a lot, but I'm personally convinced the GB pay attention (keep on the watch) to the number of partakers back in 1991/92 (the last chance to belong to the second group)  and how many of them are still with us.   Not their names ~ just the numbers.

But even then, we don't know what Jesus meant with "by no means".  To be a part of the second group, one would have been partaking for at least the past 32 years or more!!!

Rev 6:10,11 pairs well with Rev 10:6. 

53 minutes ago, Doug said:

I am wondering - how do you think the branch is doing this? The elders only report total number of partakers - there is no information on age OR when they started partaking that is sent to the branches.

EDIT: one more odd thought to throw into the mix .... Just a what if.

I was baptized in 1982. If I was one of the anointed - I would be in that overlap. I am 56 years old. Now, what if I just now started partaking this year or next - as I finally came to grips with that calling (not saying that I did or will!). Would you count me in the overlap or not? You have to see that there is no way for the GB to "pay attention (keep on the watch) to the number of partakers back in 1991/92".

1 hour ago, ChrisW said:

What Bible passage do you suppose will be part of our "dramatic" Bible reading? I don't see one listed on the program.

EDIT 2: So as not to derail this topic - I started a new one with that question:

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....