JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

16 minutes ago, Richie said:

In some ways, there is no Biblical indication that all kings will agree. We know that some member nations are founded by Islamic belief. Good example of these are Brunei, Malaysia, Indonesia, GCC Countries, Iran and etc. India is founded by Hinduism with almost 2 Billions Hindus.... In additional, all JWs and barred religions are doing their worship in discrete way long time back. There's no way that UN can catch them especially those are in remote places. IMO, it is practical to say that Jehovah will put His thought to the SC members and create a resolution to remove any religions from lobbying and influence from UN decisions. IMO, If we try to make word for word description from the book of Revelation. Wild Beast (UN), BTG (False Religions), seating at the back (False religions have direct connections with the UN) and Unseat (Removing false religions from UN affairs). Doing this makes my faith strengthen. Because I see and realize that this is partially happening now. 

In addition, UN cannot impose its resolution to each nations unless all will agree according to its local law. Like in our country, UN couldn't impose its investigation and action because our Government wouldn't accept UN request. If UN impose its mandate to the nations founded by Sharia Law like in Pakistan and Iran for example. Islamic nations should change their constitution first from religious to secular and it will take many decades to make it happen. Changing law is another major issue of each country just to adapt the outside mandate. 

13 minutes ago, Dages said:

If the UN destroys Mecca, how will this fit with their eschatology/theology? They'll have to recognize that.

Same with Jerusalem and Vatican, and other religious sites.

For me, in case of any move by UN to remove Religions from its affair. That's an indication to make more compromise for the sake of Kingdom interest. Even I see a move from two-horned wild beast, it's strengthening my faith. I don't expect that all governments in the world will do the same. 

2 minutes ago, Sweet Tooth said:

From the first part of the 2023 Annual Meeting, is that the Vatican? Then lets assume that Mecca wont be spared. 

IMG_4908.jpeg

Rev.18:21 - And a strong angel lifted up a stone like a great millstone and hurled it into the sea, saying: “Thus with a swift pitch will Babylon the great city be hurled down, and she will never be found again.

After UN attack, Jehovah God will take care of the rests using His strong angel. 

From the 2018 Annual Meeting, Bro. Jackson’s part:

“All other religious organizations will have been destroyed. We will be the only ones on this planet who are openly serving God.” 

So it appears any organized false religion with to exist/function. 

“A king’s heart is like streams of water in Jehovah’s hand. He directs it wherever He pleases.” - Proverbs 21:5

IMG_4910.png

8 minutes ago, Sweet Tooth said:

From the 2018 Annual Meeting, Bro. Jackson’s part:

“All other religious organizations will have been destroyed. We will be the only ones on this planet who are openly serving God.” 

So it appears any organized false religion with to exist/function. 

“A king’s heart is like streams of water in Jehovah’s hand. He directs it wherever He pleases.” - Proverbs 21:5

IMG_4910.png

Before Armageddon, only Jehovah's people will be left.

Most probably, destroying the main part is also destroying the sub parts. Example, if Vatican has been closed today in Rome. For just for a couple of weeks or months, all its descendants or connections will stop because it's source of life has already been removed or stopped. People will realize that this institution has really no value for their lives. From this scenario, no need for each country to change its law to stop people from going to churches. 

1 hour ago, Richie said:

In some ways, there is no Biblical indication that all kings will agree. We know that some member nations are founded by Islamic belief. Good example of these are Brunei, Malaysia, Indonesia, GCC Countries, Iran and etc. India is founded by Hinduism with almost 2 Billions Hindus.... In additional, all JWs and barred religions are doing their worship in discrete way long time back. There's no way that UN can catch them especially those are in remote places. IMO, it is practical to say that Jehovah will put His thought to the SC members and create a resolution to remove any religions from lobbying and influence from UN decisions. IMO, If we try to make word for word description from the book of Revelation. Wild Beast (UN), BTG (False Religions), seating at the back (False religions have direct connections with the UN) and Unseat (Removing false religions from UN affairs). Doing this makes my faith strengthen. Because I see and realize that this is partially happening now. 

We should remember that for the vast majority of rulers of the most diverse governments, religion is only a purpose. A purpose to achieve their power-hungry goals, to success. Attending the respective religious services, the religious rites practiced, all of this only serves to cement their power. Behind the facade of strict religion there are greedy excesses of murder and hedonism.

Bei den alten Römern galt der Spruch: “Quod licet Jovi non licet bovi.” Was dem Jupiter erlaubt ist, ist dem Ochsen (Rindvieh) nicht gestattet. Sinngemäß stand Gott Jupiter für Kaiser oder privilegierte Personen, Rindvieh für die Bürger. Dass sich Privilegierte von Strafen loskaufen konnten, ist ebenfalls überliefert. Nihil novi sub sole – nichts Neues unter der Sonne, fällt mir dazu ein.

The ancient Romans had a saying: “Quod licet Jovi non licet bovi.” What is permitted to Jupiter is not permitted to oxen (cattle). Accordingly, the god Jupiter stood for emperors or privileged people, and cattle for citizens. It is also said that privileged people could buy their way out of punishment. Nihil novi sub sole – nothing new under the sun, comes to mind.

Edited by Exter

2 hours ago, Sweet Tooth said:

From the first part of the 2023 Annual Meeting, is that the Vatican? Then let’s assume that Mecca wont be spared. 

IMG_4908.jpeg

Yes you are correct and the middle it’s sophia s 4 towers temple in instambul 

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

11 hours ago, Richie said:

As per Rev 18:21, the complete destruction will be done only by the strong angel... Initially, the unseating from the back and eaten her flesh will be acted by the 10 horns and wild beast through Jehovah's thought (Rev 17:17).

It is still ALL of BTG no matter which bit goes first

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

Friends, let's be careful to not try to express or promote our personal opinions as gospel, above what the Slave has yet to publish or teach. We dont want to be knowingly or unknowingly giving the impression that we know better. What one may have learned from one's personal research, if it doesn't line up with what the Slave has published so far, should best be kept for private speculation, not as an idea to be shoved down others' throats. We do not feed the Slave. The Slave feeds us.

"If anyone thinks he knows something, he does not yet know it as he ought to know it." (1 Cor. 8:2)

Edited by truce

6 minutes ago, truce said:

Friends, let's be careful to not try to express or promote our personal opinions as gospel, above what the Slave has yet to publish or teach. We dont want to be knowingly or unknowingly giving the impression that we know better. What one may have learned from his personal research, if it doesn't line up with what the Slave has published so far, should best be kept for private speculation, not as an idea to be shoved down others' throats. We do not feed the Slave. The Slave feeds us.

"If anyone thinks he knows something, he does not yet know it as he ought to know it." (1 Cor. 8:2)

Appreciated brother. This is only assumption that's trying to fill the gap. Reading the Scripture has it's own advantage and disadvantage. That's why much better to keep it to oneself or can be shared to casual talk or to close friend. 

2 minutes ago, Richie said:

Appreciated brother. This is only assumption that's trying to fill the gap. Reading the Scripture has it's own advantage and disadvantage. That's why much better to keep it to oneself or can be shared to casual talk or to close friend. 

I have not found one disadvantage that came from reading God's word with a sincere and humble heart. To that end, it may be good to assess our motives: Am I doing this with the intention of becoming a more spiritual person, or am I merely seeking to gather knowledge, statistics, and all-what-not? I will never forget one lesson I learned many years ago from the brother who studied with me: "More important than a head full of knowledge is a heart full of love and appreciation."

Finally, we are all a work in progress and Jehovah appreciates our zeal and enthusiam for the truth. Better to be a little overzealous than to be sluggish or slumbering spiritually. 

4 hours ago, Richie said:

It’s going to be physical attack on religion my friend. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

15 minutes ago, truce said:

I have not found one disadvantage that came from reading God's word with a sincere and humble heart. To that end, it may be good to assess our motives: Am I doing this with the intention of becoming a more spiritual person, or am I merely seeking to gather knowledge, statistics, and all-what-not? I will never forget one lesson I learned many years ago from the brother who studied with me: "More important than a head full of knowledge is a heart full of love and appreciation."

Finally, we are all a work in progress and Jehovah appreciates our zeal and enthusiam for the truth. Better to be a little overzealous than to be sluggish or slumbering spiritually. 

Knowledge + a humble heart should go together. 

55 minutes ago, truce said:

That's true my brother. A humble heart is blessed. Might be in our culture it's normal to share every opinions with no intentions of showing up. We discussed this for upbuilding and showing that we are exactly in what the Scriptures describe. If we try to explain it further, the spirit of our brothers and sisters especially those are weak have lifted up. We tried to help them not just general knowledge but in detail as much as possible. For me, I feel bad if those are weak have loosed their appetite if they dont feel the excitement. Hence, I feel the obligations to teach them without deviation but with high spirit from within. So reading the Scripture has disclosed a lot of curiosity but they are kept in private or only those are interested. So no intention to brag this precious gem, excitement is coming from what have read and seen. 

BTW, I have a lot of responsible jw friends having these in mind and discussed it in casual way but no intention for a conclusive statement. We are just enjoying sharing and learned. A lot of good insight from them. Some of them already died but faithful. 

Edited by Richie

25 minutes ago, Richie said:

That's true my brother. A humble heart is blessed. Might be in our culture it's normal to share every opinions with no intentions of showing up. We discussed this for upbuilding and showing that we are exactly in what the Scriptures describe. If we try to explain it further, the spirit of our brothers and sisters especially those are weak have lifted up. We tried to help them not just general knowledge but in detail as much as possible. For me, I feel bad if those are weak have loosed their appetite if they dont feel the excitement. Hence, I feel the obligations to teach them without deviation but with high spirit from within. So reading the Scripture has disclosed a lot of curiosity but they are kept in private or only those are interested. So no intention to brag this precious gem, excitement is coming from what have read and seen. 

BTW, I have a lot of responsible jw friends having these in mind and discussed it in casual way but no intention for a conclusive statement. We are just enjoying sharing and learned. A lot of good insight from them. Some of them already died but faithful. 

You should still tone this down.
When you read a portion of the Bible, first check what we teach about it, in the WOL, this is what we have to know and preach, for now. The Slave is distributing the food.

Then, you can dig some personal ideas, but please remind yourself (and your reader) that this is just personal ideas. In bold :D 

The moderation team would not like to have to add this in front of all your messages here, hahaha :D 

Edited by Dages

I had a conversation with my brother-in-law about this subject and the 7th world power handing its power to the UN.  He made a statement saying that it's gotta be Trump because of his attitude toward religion and his tendency to got at his enemies so hard.  I reminded him that the other side of the political spectrum doesn't hold religion in high regard either.  Plus, if you think about Jehovah's past actions, it doesn't matter who is in office.  Jehovah has an unlimited number of options he can use to push whatever President/Congress/Supreme Court is in power to give the UN authority to do what bible prophecy says it will do when the timer hits 0.  He even has an option to push the President who hates the UN.  After all, if he can cause strong allies to think they betrayed each other on the battlefield to give Israel victory, pushing today's governments would be "easy".  

28 minutes ago, coolbrz731 said:

Jehovah has an unlimited number of options he can use to push whatever President/Congress/Supreme Court is in power to give the UN authority to do what bible prophecy says it will do when the timer hits 0.  He even has an option to push the President who hates the UN.  After all, if he can cause strong allies to think they betrayed each other on the battlefield to give Israel victory, pushing today's governments would be "easy".  

I love this comment. It does not matter to Jehovah who is in power; when the time comes, he will move them (whoever) to accomplish his will. We don't have to look for conditions or trends. Jehovah lovingly gave us signs, but Jehovah will act when the time comes and I am sure we will be shocked ourselves. Keep on the watch, dear brothers (keep your garments on).

4 hours ago, coolbrz731 said:

I had a conversation with my brother-in-law about this subject and the 7th world power handing its power to the UN.  He made a statement saying that it's gotta be Trump because of his attitude toward religion and his tendency to got at his enemies so hard.  I reminded him that the other side of the political spectrum doesn't hold religion in high regard either.  Plus, if you think about Jehovah's past actions, it doesn't matter who is in office.  Jehovah has an unlimited number of options he can use to push whatever President/Congress/Supreme Court is in power to give the UN authority to do what bible prophecy says it will do when the timer hits 0.  He even has an option to push the President who hates the UN.  After all, if he can cause strong allies to think they betrayed each other on the battlefield to give Israel victory, pushing today's governments would be "easy".  

Trump want to isolate the USA from the U.N. and other countries so I can’t see him being that person…..

Just now, Sackedbysapp said:

Trump want to isolate the USA from the U.N. and other countries so I can’t see him being that person…..

It's not beyond Jehovah's wisdom to create a situation where Trump sees a benefit to himself to hand power over to the UN.  Or another circumstance we never saw coming.  After all, with Gideon, no one could imagine the Midianite soldiers turning on each other.  They had a common enemy and were determined to destroy them, and I'm sure they were very disciplined.  From a human point of view, it would be impossible.  Yet... we have the account that happened in the bible.

1 hour ago, coolbrz731 said:

It's not beyond Jehovah's wisdom to create a situation where Trump sees a benefit to himself to hand power over to the UN.  Or another circumstance we never saw coming.  After all, with Gideon, no one could imagine the Midianite soldiers turning on each other.  They had a common enemy and were determined to destroy them, and I'm sure they were very disciplined.  From a human point of view, it would be impossible.  Yet... we have the account that happened in the bible.

My dear brother, if I may, before the 2016 presidential election, I spoke to some dear friends who hoped Trump would be elected because they speculated that he might be the last US president (really). But we do not have to speculate or hope for something politically. There is no situation that a human has to be in to be used by Jehovah. Whether a person loves or hates the UN, it does not matter. In fact, we will know that Jehovah is acting because they will do things against their own interests, like destroying religion. Remember, after it is done, they look at what they did and say, "Too bad." Humans are clay in Jehovah's hand. There is nothing that can stop Jehovah. Revelation is future history; it is already done. In the future, we will be able to place the names and faces of the actors, as we do in all prophecies.