JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

13 hours ago, cme said:

Could we have a nuclear war?

My thoughts...

You have to think... there are two kinds. Tactical and strategic.

15-21 kiloton nuke at Hiroshima and Nagasaki, which by todays standards is a "tactical" nuke. Leveled and killed anything within a 2 mile radius. These are what Putin has been threatening Ukraine with.

Strategic nuke?

The current US arsenal... up to 1.2 megatons or 1200 kilotons.

The current RU arsenal... up to 6 megaton or 6000 kilotons. 

Largest tested by Russia... 50 megaton or 50,000 kilotons. 

You're looking at anybody within 100 miles potentially dying, having radiation sickness, or temporary blindness. Millions of millions dead within 20-30 miles. You're also looking at a mushroom cloud that's propelled 20-50,000ft in the air and the wind blowing radiation all over the world. Think animals, crops, trees, etc. An ICBM (Intercontinental Ballistic Missile) can hold up to 14 warheads and can target whatever major city needed. Think 14 1.2 megaton warheads targeted across 14 US major US cities.

Personal opinion... could they fire off a tactical nuke or two? Sure! A strategic nuke? I personally doubt Jehovah would allow it. 

Again... 21 kiloton vs 1200 kilotons. Huge difference is destruction and cost to the planet and all life on it.

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

7 minutes ago, Dolce vita said:

Hope Israel will not but I fear that Israel and its neighbors have erased the word HOPE from the dictionary

Here what they say about 5 days ago

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-threatens-to-bomb-nuke-sites-as-iran-backs-down-from-direct-attack-report/

Edited by Dustparticle

10 hours ago, zoebarry said:

An emergency UN Security Council meeting is happening tomorrow, Sunday, April 14…..

Simply now Israel is requesting a meeting because of Iran.  It will most likely end with a “Hey there, Iran. You stop that.”

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

On 4/13/2024 at 10:10 AM, cme said:

Could we have a nuclear war?

Yes, that possibility returned and is always present.

Although we always reply 'no, because Jehovah would not let the planet and the humankind to be destroyed', there is nothing that really assures against having a localized nuclear conflict that, although deadly for the affected region, would not 'affect' the planet and humankind.

Keep in mind that more than 500 atmospheric nuclear bombs have been launched in several test sites and we are all still here.

The KOTS military doctrine admits a nuclear preemptive strike. Not used until now because all computer models used so far show no chance of success against the KOTN, and it is not necessary against weaker enemies, the usual enemies for the KOTS.

The KOTN military doctrine admits a nuclear strike if the nation is in danger. Not used until now because all defense is being done by conventional means.

Several state actors have now access to nuclear armament, and their military doctrine is not always clear.

Spoiler

There have been 2,121 tests done since the first in July 1945, involving 2,476 nuclear devices. As of 1993, worldwide, 520 atmospheric nuclear explosions (including 8 underwater) have been conducted with a total yield of 545 megaton (Mt): 217 Mt from pure fission and 328 Mt from bombs using fusion, while the estimated number of underground nuclear tests conducted in the period from 1957 to 1992 is 1,352 explosions with a total yield of 90 Mt

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nuclear_weapons_tests

Edited by Paulo

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

1 hour ago, Paulo said:

Yes, that possibility is always present.

Several state actors have now access to nuclear armament, and their military doctrine is not always clear.

USA, UK (KOTS) 

Russia (KOTN),

China, India, Pakistan, France, Israel and North Korea.

4 hours ago, Paulo said:

Yes, that possibility returned and is always present.

Although we always reply 'no, because Jehovah would not let the planet and the humankind to be destroyed', there is nothing that really assures against having a localized nuclear conflict that, although deadly for the affected region, would not 'affect' the planet and humankind.

Keep in mind that more than 500 atmospheric nuclear bombs have been launched in several test sites and we are all still here.

Reveal hidden contents

There have been 2,121 tests done since the first in July 1945, involving 2,476 nuclear devices. As of 1993, worldwide, 520 atmospheric nuclear explosions (including 8 underwater) have been conducted with a total yield of 545 megaton (Mt): 217 Mt from pure fission and 328 Mt from bombs using fusion, while the estimated number of underground nuclear tests conducted in the period from 1957 to 1992 is 1,352 explosions with a total yield of 90 Mt

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nuclear_weapons_tests

Just keep in mind... over 2000 "singular" nuclear tests between 1942-2024 is different than 2000 warheads going off within hours-days in multiple locations across the globe. It's like comparing apples and oranges at the point.

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

‘Step back from the brink,’ to avert full-scale Middle East conflict, says UN chief

“It is vital to avoid any action that could lead to major military confrontations on multiple fronts in the Middle East...Now is the time for maximum restraint,” the UN Secretary-General told delegates at the opening of an emergency meeting of the UN Security Council. 

Mr. Guterres explained that the emergency session was called by Israel following what it described in a letter was ‘a direct attack launched by Iran... of more than 200 UAVs, cruise missiles, and ballistic missiles towards Israel in clear violation of international law.’

The UN chief added that in a separate letter, Iran stated that it had carried out a series of military strikes on Israeli military objectives ‘in the exercise of Iran’s inherent right to self-defence as outlined...in the UN Charter, and in response to...its armed attack on 1 April 2024 against Iranian diplomatic premises’ – in Damascus.

“We have a shared responsibility to work for peace. Regional – and indeed global -- peace and security are being undermined by the hour. Neither the region nor the world can afford more war,” Mr. Guterres concluded.

https://news.un.org/en/story/2024/04/1148551

14 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

“We have a shared responsibility to work for peace. Regional – and indeed global -- peace and security are being undermined by the hour. Neither the region nor the world can afford more war,” 

In the old days, an attack by one state actor against another was a declaration of war.  But these days, with the prospect of a nuclear armageddon, a proportional response seems to be the sensible tactic.

This crisis could evolve into P&S because if it isn't contained it could go nuclear.

The whole World is on the verge of a WW-3

No wonder if soon something happens to KOTN (?) that will ease the tensions (?) creating a false sense of P&S (?)

Whatever it is, people are fearing the worse.

If suddenly the risk is relieved everyone will feel safer, far from WW-3

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

22 minutes ago, Sofia said:

No wonder if soon something happens to KOTN (?) that will ease the tensions (?) creating a false sense of P&S (?)

It seems that it would take more than that for the world to think there is P&S. If Russia suddenly stopped attacking Ukraine today, would the world think it had achieved P&S? I don't think so. If Israel stopped attacking Gaza today, would the world think there was a global P&S? I don't think so. It seems that whatever causes the world to declare P&S has to be bigger than what is happening now.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

It seems that it would take more than that for the world to think there is P&S. If Russia suddenly stopped attacking Ukraine today, would the world think it had achieved P&S? I don't think so. If Israel stopped attacking Gaza today, would the world think there was a global P&S? I don't think so. It seems that whatever causes the world to declare P&S has to be bigger than what is happening now.

Just like the pandemic came unexpectedly and affected the whole world… you are right: something will trigger P&S in a global way as well and also unexpectedly 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

7 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Would you have any opinion? What could lead the nations to declare this false peace? What will be the real reason? We are looking forward to the fulfillment of this prophecy, it seems like it won't be long 

GPT chat : 

- "What could lead nations to declare peace and security?"
- "Several factors could lead nations to seek peace and security, such as effective diplomacy, conflict resolution, international cooperation, economic stability, and security guarantees. Political will and commitment to global welfare also play a crucial role."

I also believe it is something bigger....

1 minute ago, careful said:

my opinion is that i cant imagine any intelligent human thinking there is peace under any situation in this old world.  Everyone has seen clearly that around every corner there is trouble.....Why would anybody proclaim peace    only Jehovah knows.

Because it is satanic propaganda that comes from the Devil, it does not come from Jehovah, so many will believe it.