JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

2 hours ago, chuck83 said:

I don't know. What @Sofia and @Dhanyel said gave me another perspective to look at things. 🤷‍♂️

Actually, it's a bit interesting... It is not about the Armageddon will happen there. It is something may link to other or maybe something prior to GT🤔

38 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

But what if? big if? If the prophecy only points out to a time period when they will be "saying" about Peace and Security (as we see it now) 

And then suddenly attack on false religion comes during that period.(like a thief in the night)  If this happens I wouldn't be surprised. 

What if? Big if… the prophecy means that the religious leaders will feel in peace and security and are caught off guard when they lose all their positions wealth and power 

Is.47:8-11

(Now hear this, O lover of pleasure,mWho sits in security, who says in her heart:“I am the one, and there is no one else.nI will not become a widow.I will never know the loss of children.”o)

Soon we will watch LIVE how it will happen

Because IT WILL HAPPEN 

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

19 minutes ago, Dhanyel said:

‘A message of peace’: Olympic flame begins its journey to Paris

Soon the UN will start to talk about Olympics truce.

its usual every time there are Olympic games for the major ongoing conflicts to go under truce.

Im just curious to see how in the heck the nations will convince Israel or Russia on this matter 🤔

source:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_Truce https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_Truce

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Meanwhile digging about this I found 

“Macron said France would "do everything" to bring about a truce in the conflicts in Ukraine, Gaza and Sudan, and that he would engage Chinese President Xi Jinping on the issue.”

source:https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/kremlin-suggests-ukraine-would-use-olympic-truce-try-regroup-2024-04-16/

yep. Rússia won’t comply in any truce so far

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

Soon the UN will start to talk about Olympics truce.

The Olympic games are supposed to bring the world together in sportsmanship and goodwill.

The reality is that Russian athletes have been banned since 2017 for doping.  

Furthermore, the IOC said in December that Russian and Belarusian athletes who have qualified for Paris 2024 will be eligible to compete as neutral athletes.

No Russian or Belarusian government officials will be included in opening ceremonies.

The UN may try to put lipstick on the pig ~ but the Olympics may be the world's stage for nationalism rather than peace, as usual.  The world is broken and cannot be patched-up, not even temporarily, imho.

14 minutes ago, JennyM said:

Thanks for all your posts on current events. 

As for me, I want to be balance. Ill be more busy in my personal prayers,study and spiritual goals rather looking at all signs. 

Good point sis. Looking at all the signs can be depressing at times too. A good spiritual balance can smooth it out.

7 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Yes indeed, and that could surprise us how the prophecy could be potentially realized.

We expect certain definitive "marker" namely proclamation.

But what if? big if? If the prophecy only points out to a time period when they will be "saying" about Peace and Security (as we see it now) 

And then suddenly attack on false religion comes during that period.(like a thief in the night)  If this happens I wouldn't be surprised. 

You have put my thoughts into words…

This would be a way that would fulfil the ‘thief in the night’ and when we least expect it to be…

Every single day and sometimes many times a day they are saying peace and security, including world leaders and the UN.  It’s a very big if… but at the moment we don’t know and sometimes we have found that prophecy has been fulfilled when we look back retrospectively 

I’m going to stick my neck out here and have a quiet speculation that we maybe much further along in time and find the next thing we hear is the attack on religion… 

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

An interesting point was made in my Cong during the study of this week's WT.

2024 has more elections than any other year on record. All democracies have term limits in some sense, but those term lengths change from country to country. This year, simply by how the numbers line up, 64 counties are hitting their election cycle.

Half the human race will be eligible to take part in one, and in at least a few of the most contested countries, the result is a foregone conclusion, or certain to be rejected by whichever side loses.

Even in fair elections, more power is changing hands this year than at any other point in history.

37 minutes ago, Thomas Walker said:

Even in fair elections, more power is changing hands this year than at any other point in history

…and we are seeing a shif towards extreme right democracy which isn’t always religion friendly.

It doesn't matter how or when power changes hands and how or whether democracy has or will reached their limits.

Jehovah has a time set up that will bring this system.....democracy or other to an abrupt close.

Pro. 21:1 A Kings heart is like a stream of water in Jehovah's hand.  He directs it wherever He pleases.

According to research Jehovah can use his spirit to divert the thoughts of rulers in a direction that is in harmony with His purpose.  Why be interested in the way politics unfolds? Useless.

When Jehovah's time comes He will put a lid over it. 

6 minutes ago, cme said:

It doesn't matter how or when power changes hands and how or whether democracy has or will reached their limits.

Jehovah has a time set up that will bring this system.....democracy or other to an abrupt close.

Pro. 21:1 A Kings heart is like a stream of water in Jehovah's hand.  He directs it wherever He pleases.

According to research Jehovah can use his spirit to divert the thoughts of rulers in a direction that is in harmony with His purpose.  Why be interested in the way politics unfolds? Useless.

When Jehovah's time comes He will put a lid over it. 

Im not surprised. This world is always mess.. "Expectation postponed makes the heart sick."

Better to keep on the watch by being busy in our service to Jehovah. 

From days of long ago, biblical times the middle east has always been a hot bed.  Not surprising.  Just because there is much going on their means nothing.  Means actually that we are very close.  Africa is going through a situation, Haiti has their war as well.  Ukraine and Russia has been at each others throat for a couple of years. 

Will Armageddon take place in the Middle East? Yes, and all around the world as well.

Actually it is funny to see that there are rightnow, believe it or not, 195 pages about Peace and Security, Great Tribulation and Armageddon. The topic is filled with a wide range of thoughts and wishes about this, but only one, Jehovah, knows when. 😊

...It is how it is... 😊  I love long walks, special when you do the walking. A long answer is not short.

That's the whole point of it!  Only Jehovah knows.  We know that it is close because of the ongoing conflicts and the wars that are suddenly erupting.  Brings to mind Rev. 11:18 "But the nations became wrathful, and your own wrath came....."

The nations today are flexing their muscles but, little do they know that they do have a head-on collision with their maker.  We can see how close we are in the stream of time.  Not just one nation has Jehovah's attention but, all of them.

They will all meet their demise very, very soon.

3 hours ago, JennyM said:

But all these signs, I believe that this system wont last another 10 yrs. I hope so. 

If we try to observe the world from 24 years ago against today. We see a lot of convincing evidences how close we are. Feeling tired of waiting is normal but don't let the discouragement fall you back. Sometimes we want to sneak the timing of Jehovah. Unfortunately, dealing with this needs a lot of patience and flexibility. In the end we overcome discouragement and surprise we reach 24 years but strong and firmed in faith. That's how Jehovah help us to develop our waiting attitude but happy and still maintaining the excitement over the period of time. 

On 4/15/2024 at 7:01 PM, Mike047 said:

Please just say 'bring it on, O Jehovah, but in your own time', even though we are praying for the end of this system.  There are some still coming to Jehovah through Jesus Christ as a result of our ministry.

If Jehovah gave any one of us a Red Button and said "whenever you press that, I will bring Armageddon", and then he added, "but presently there are thousands responding to the message every day", who would press that button?

Not me.

Why not? Those ones who are responding would likely make it through the GT and Armageddon. Especially after the recent update on understanding. 

12 minutes ago, GoldAussieGirl said:

Je ne veux même pas imaginer encore 10 ans dans ce vieux monde 😔

This comment touches me, we can feel the pain. 

I believe that we know the solution, we follow the words of Jesus: one day at a time. Tomorrow, Jehovah will see with us what there is to endure, to support but also to hope for. Happy are we if we consider ourselves like baby birds who depend on daily food. And what a magnificent sight it is when we see the parent come and delicately deposit the necessary ration.
Let us have absolute confidence. If it is relative, let us work to change its nature. So everything will be fine even if the world is getting worse and worse.