JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

11 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I would love to see the United Nations get restructured with more authority (teeth) that would really be a sign that we are moments away from P&S. It could be called the New United Nations.

Of course, we would call it the Flying NUN when Jehovah destroys it...:lol1:

Also @Dhanyel

We must remember that when we talk about the UN getting "teeth" we are quoting a paragraph from the Revelation book, not from scripture.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101988035?q=teeth+united+nations&p=par#:~:text=Yes%2C the

The world has changed dramatically since the Revelation book was written. The statements made in the book fit very well with our understanding of the world back then.

When we think of something getting teeth we think of traditional warfare, with aggressive power, which was how things were generally accomplished back then - with old school military force.

Today things are accomplished in a different way by authorities generally. New methods of warfare are being used.

We are apparently on 5th generation warfare now.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generations_of_warfare#:~:text=In military history%2C the term,4GW" or "5GW".

From the article:

What do you think? Does the UN already have 5th generation warfare teeth? Have we seen the UN use these teeth of late? Could the UN deploy these teeth against BTG?

4 hours ago, Frances Bennett said:

Also @Dhanyel

We must remember that when we talk about the UN getting "teeth" we are quoting a paragraph from the Revelation book, not from scripture.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101988035?q=teeth+united+nations&p=par#:~:text=Yes%2C the

The world has changed dramatically since the Revelation book was written. The statements made in the book fit very well with our understanding of the world back then.

When we think of something getting teeth we think of traditional warfare, with aggressive power, which was how things were generally accomplished back then - with old school military force.

Today things are accomplished in a different way by authorities generally. New methods of warfare are being used.

We are apparently on 5th generation warfare now.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generations_of_warfare#:~:text=In military history%2C the term,4GW" or "5GW".

From the article:

What do you think? Does the UN already have 5th generation warfare teeth? Have we seen the UN use these teeth of late? Could the UN deploy these teeth against BTG?

Excellent, let's wait. Thank you for this 🌹

The UN itself uses language of acquiring teeth. 

https://www.un.org/en/delegate/sgs-message-world-leaders-‘wake-change-course-unite

And of course the imagery of the wild beast eating the harlot involves teeth. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

34 minutes ago, BLEmom said:

And of course the imagery of the wild beast eating the harlot involves teeth. 

“The institutions we have, have no teeth. And sometimes, even when they have teeth, like in the case of the Security Council, they have not much appetite to bite,” the Secretary-General said.   🦷🦷  

1 hour ago, Lee49 said:

“The institutions we have, have no teeth. And sometimes, even when they have teeth, like in the case of the Security Council, they have not much appetite to bite,” the Secretary-General said.   🦷🦷  

He said that in 2021, so let's hope they have been working on their appetite in the last three years...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Campus comrades: Anti-Israel tent cities and mass protests spring up at elite — and pricey — colleges across US

https://nypost.com/2024/04/22/us-news/college-anti-israel-solidarity-protests-spring-up-across-us/

Man this is wild. They're pitching tents in the lobbies! Wow!

We've seen many protests since 2020 in the US. All with varying degrees of temperament. So many rally cries about fairness, equality, but some displaying the traits of the Devil.

• abortions/pro-life
  • guns, BLM/ALM
  • Coronavirus/business closures
  • CCP/Xi
  • Trump/elections
  • trans/gender identity
  • police/thin blue line
  • white supremacy vs everyone not Aryan
  • better wages/workers unions.
  • religious like Israel/Gaza

This is why I earnestly go out in service and exercise my peaceful protest against Satan. These people need to know we have a fair and just God. He'll level the playing field. There will be no supremacy of any kind, not even death will have it.

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

3 minutes ago, chuck83 said:

Man this is wild. They're pitching tents in the lobbies! Wow!

It reminds me of the Vietnam protests in the 60's...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

11 hours ago, Tortuga said:

It reminds me of the Vietnam protests in the 60's...

The more life changes the more it stays the same. Satan's tactics stay the same because foolish people keep falling for it. I don't anticipate anything different than what history has shown us. That is until we see Jehovah’s spectacular show, now that'll be completely new 😲 🧡 I'm so weary I'm ready for it. You bet I'll "stand back and see the salvation of Jehovah", at that point my personal war will be over and the boss takes over, yup, I'm very ready.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

They passed the bill for Ukraine and Israel aide. With the TikTok ban included.

I see the TikTok ban getting us straight to Armageddon no pass go do not collect $200. :lol1:

But in all seriousness it’s all very confusing message with this passage of Israel aid. I can imagine the pot is rattling for the US Muslim community.

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

52 minutes ago, JennyM said:

Where will they get the money if the pushing continues? 

I think govt are losing money since the pandemice. 

Something interesting: (Apparently Ukraine aid is economic boost for USA :whistling:

Here is the best-kept secret about U.S. military aid to Ukraine: Most of the money is being spent here in the United States. That’s right: Funds that lawmakers approve to arm Ukraine are not going directly to Ukraine but are being used stateside to build new weapons or to replace weapons sent to Kyiv from U.S. stockpiles. Of the $68 billion in military and related assistance Congress has approved since Russia invaded Ukraine, almost 90 percent is going to Americans, one analysis found.https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/11/29/ukraine-military-aid-american-economy-boost/

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, JennyM said:

Where will they get the money if the pushing continues? 

I think govt are losing money since the pandemice. 

Jenny the aid is in military equipment made in US.

that means jobs are kept salaries paid

US military compounds sell their manufacturing stuff to the Government and get paid 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

2 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Quelque chose d'intéressant : (Apparemment, l'aide à l'Ukraine est un coup de pouce économique pour les États-Unis :sifflement:

Voici le secret le mieux gardé concernant l’aide militaire américaine à l’Ukraine : la majeure partie de l’argent est dépensé ici, aux États-Unis. C’est vrai : les fonds que les législateurs approuvent pour armer l’Ukraine ne vont pas directement à l’Ukraine mais sont utilisés aux États-Unis pour fabriquer de nouvelles armes ou pour remplacer les armes envoyées à Kiev à partir des stocks américains. Sur les  68 milliards de dollars d’  aide militaire et connexe approuvés par le Congrès depuis l’invasion de l’Ukraine par la Russie, près de 90 % vont aux Américains, selon une analyse. https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/11/29/ukraine-military-aid-american-economy-boost/

New Marshall Plan? European countries are apparently catching their breath, relieved to know that America is here again. Behind the scenes of the rescue operation shows how cynical this world can be: I help you and I am hailed as the savior but in reality I am helping myself, to your detriment since you will end up pay what you owe me, so the benefit will be double for me.

Let the pure Kingdom of Jehovah come, Yes let it come! Then it will be the end of the war in Ukraine, in the Middle East and everywhere else.

3 hours ago, JennyM said:

...Where will they get the money if the pushing continues?...

Sure one of the sources for generating extra money is the tax payer, all of us, including you and me. Food and daily life became much more expensive, and will become more expensive. You won't hear about this, but indirect all of us pay for this to keep the weapon industry going on. In no time the petrol price has gone up a lot here. For electric cars the owner does not pay tax now, this is to make it very inviting to buy electric car here. But in the near future the plan is that the owners of electric cars are going to pay road tax too. Here the amount of tax depends to the weigth of the car. New electric cars are easily twice the weight of petrol/diesel cars because of the very heavy battery pack. So they expect that the owners of electric cars pay sooner or later more road tax than the owner of a petrol/diesel car.

Also they talk about "sugar tax" here. This is a tax on top of the price we pay for drinks containing sugar. The idea is that people will have a healthier lifestyle since the drink becomes more expensive. Per january the price has gone up from 8 euro cents per liter to 26 Euro cents per liter (about 3 times more). However people got more salary too to spend. So, will they really feel that 18 cents more per liter? If they only buy a few bottles most likely not. But they still pay more...       ...at the end what is it what they pay more? "sugar tax"...   well,..."tax"... to be specific, and taxes go to the authorities. Come to your own conclusion 😁

...It is how it is... 😊  I love long walks, special when you do the walking. A long answer is not short.

Warsaw, April 23 (Reuters) - Prime Minister Rishi Sunak said on Tuesday he would put the British defence industry on a war footing, announcing 10 billion pounds ($12.43 billion) of extra long-term funding for munitions in light of the war in Ukraine.
"We will put the UK's own defence industry on a war footing. One of the central lessons of the war in Ukraine is that we need deeper stockpiles of munitions and for industry to be able to replenish them more quickly," Sunak said at a press conference in Poland alongside NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg. Earlier Sunak had warned of the increasing threat to global security but added: "We must not overstate the danger. We're not on the brink of war, and nor do we seek it."https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/pm-sunak-we-will-put-uk-defence-industry-war-footing-2024-04-23/

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, New World Explorer said:
Warsaw, April 23 (Reuters) - Prime Minister Rishi Sunak said on Tuesday he would put the British defence industry on a war footing, announcing 10 billion pounds ($12.43 billion) of extra long-term funding for munitions in light of the war in Ukraine.
"We will put the UK's own defence industry on a war footing. One of the central lessons of the war in Ukraine is that we need deeper stockpiles of munitions and for industry to be able to replenish them more quickly," Sunak said at a press conference in Poland alongside NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg. Earlier Sunak had warned of the increasing threat to global security but added: "We must not overstate the danger. We're not on the brink of war, and nor do we seek it."https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/pm-sunak-we-will-put-uk-defence-industry-war-footing-2024-04-23/

war footing means - to be ready or preparing to fight a war

Hmmm. being readied for armageddon. 

As I understand, things are getting worse and most people are sleeping. Unbelievable. 

Unless, if their hearts are inclined to find Jehovah, they will see what's really happening. 

Like the pandemic, it became an escape for corruption. 

Now, they may be making business out of wars. 

39 minutes ago, JennyM said:

Now, they may be making business out of wars. 

War has always been business, that's why we have so much war. It's good for business/money. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34