JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

10 minutes ago, Bluebell said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68885868

"It's going to make America safer, it's going to make the world safer", he said after signing the bill into law.

"They ultimately agreed to a package bill that included the foreign aid as well as legislation to confiscate Russian assets held by Western banks; new sanctions on Russia, Iran and China; and a provision that will force the Chinese company ByteDance to sell the popular social media service TikTok."

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

that included the foreign aid as well as legislation to confiscate Russian assets held by Western banks; new sanctions on Russia, Iran and China;

Do these people think putting "sanctions" on Russia affects them like they would like to? The last sanction they put on Russia ended up making Russia largest economy in Europe. Back when the war was very intense. They don't care.

1 hour ago, Bluebell said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68885868

"It's going to make America safer, it's going to make the world safer", he said after signing the bill into law.

…. & Security 

3 Read 1 Thessalonians 5:1-3. Paul mentions “Jehovah’s day.” As used in this context, this refers to the time period that begins with the attack on “Babylon the Great,” the world empire of false religion, and ends with Armageddon. (Rev. 16:14, 16; 17:5) Just before that “day” begins, the nations will be proclaiming “Peace and security!” (Some translations say: “Peace and safety.”) World leaders sometimes use similar expressions when they talk about stabilizing relationships between nations. However, the announcement of “peace and security” that the Bible describes will be different. Why? When this happens, people may think that world leaders have succeeded in making the world a safer, more secure place. But in reality, “sudden destruction” will follow as the “great tribulation” unfolds.—Matt. 24:21.

How many Bible prophecies remain to be fulfilled before God destroys this present system? Very few! One of the last is at 1 Thessalonians 5:3, which states: “While they are talking of peace and security, all at once calamity is upon them.” (The New English Bible) This shows that the end of this system will begin “while they are talking.” Unforeseen by the world, destruction will strike when least expected, when the attention of humans is on their hoped-for peace and security.

let’s keep on the watch 

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

41 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Excerpt from Morning Worship talk by

Gary Breaux: Protect Yourself From Misinformation (Dan. 11:27)

RPReplay_Final1713978320.mov

Direct link from our JW website 

Gary Breaux: Protect Yourself From Misinformation (Dan. 11:27)

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODPgmEvtMorningWorship/pub-jwbvod24_19_VIDEO

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

…. & Security 

“While they are talking of peace and security, all at once calamity is upon them.” (The New English Bible)  destruction will strike when least expected, when the attention of humans is on their hoped-for peace and security.

That's all it needs to be to fulfill 1 Thessalonians   .     .      nothing more than their hope or belief.   It should be the top headline throughout the world.  

US secretly sent long-range missiles to Ukraine after months of resistance

"Biden secretly approved the transfer of the long-range ATACMS missiles in February for use inside Ukrainian territory. The ATACMS missiles were then quietly included in the $300 million aid package announced on March 12 and ultimately delivered to Ukraine earlier this month"

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/24/politics/us-secretly-sent-long-range-missiles-to-ukraine/index.html

Ukraine Attacks Russian Fields, Drives Oil Toward $100

"According to Russian sources, Ukrainian kamikaze drones hit several Russian oil facilities. Russia did not disclose the amount of damage. However, crude rose briefly."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/ukraine-attacks-russian-fields-drives-oil-toward-100/ar-AA1nALXq

Me -    Apparently, much more war before peace !

8 hours ago, Sofia said:

…. & Security 

3 Read 1 Thessalonians 5:1-3. Paul mentions “Jehovah’s day.” As used in this context, this refers to the time period that begins with the attack on “Babylon the Great,” the world empire of false religion, and ends with Armageddon. (Rev. 16:14, 16; 17:5) Just before that “day” begins, the nations will be proclaiming “Peace and security!” (Some translations say: “Peace and safety.”) World leaders sometimes use similar expressions when they talk about stabilizing relationships between nations. However, the announcement of “peace and security” that the Bible describes will be different. Why? When this happens, people may think that world leaders have succeeded in making the world a safer, more secure place. But in reality, “sudden destruction” will follow as the “great tribulation” unfolds.—Matt. 24:21.

How many Bible prophecies remain to be fulfilled before God destroys this present system? Very few! One of the last is at 1 Thessalonians 5:3, which states: “While they are talking of peace and security, all at once calamity is upon them.” (The New English Bible) This shows that the end of this system will begin “while they are talking.” Unforeseen by the world, destruction will strike when least expected, when the attention of humans is on their hoped-for peace and security.

let’s keep on the watch 

They  actually talking about it now. But we're waiting for that 1 particular talking. No wonder why bro herd said that 'any day now'.. It could be literal. Im praying to Jehovah now to be more urgent because Im still planning for years ahead. 

Lives of people are at stakes . Or least, its important to warn  them about the impending destruction. 

9 hours ago, JennyM said:

...Im praying to Jehovah now to be more urgent...

Jehovah will step in at the moment that he decided, that he says that it has been enough. That is a set date.

...It is how it is... 😊  I love long walks, special when you do the walking. A long answer is not short.

On 4/19/2024 at 12:31 AM, New World Explorer said:

It looks like the 7th October changed the whole scenario of this world. 

From that date onwards escalations develop everyday. 

Things came to a head when Israel struck the consulate in Damascus and killed seven members of the country’s revolutionary guard. The Iranians responded on April 13 with an unprecedented – what many here call ‘historic’ – attack on Israel. They said the response was proportionate because no injuries were reported. Iranians said this was to create a new reality in the Middle East, and that this kind of “tit for tat” behaviour by Israel would no longer be tolerated.

Israel, of course, said they would respond and whether that is what we are seeing unfold today is that response is too early to say. It highlights just how fragile and tense the situation is.https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2024/4/19/live-israel-launches-missile-attack-in-response-to-iran-assault

well, I was born on October 7th... I feel like that line was something personal :angry::upset::laugh:

Edited by Sete

forgot sum mojis

(Be careful! The above comment came from a suspicious source, a 20 year old. There's a risk that he is being: Idiot, reckless or stupid)

2 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

The answer is given in chronological order.  It seems to me "Gathering of Kingdom rulers" would come before "Judgements of earth's inhabitants".  But it says the opposite.

According to the answer, Jesus will judge between sheep and goats before the remaining anointed are taken to heaven to join the fight.

That scenario makes it sound like they will be taken at the last possible moment?    Which would mean they would still be here with the other sheep right down to the last.  Interesting!

14 minutes ago, Kwabena said:

They know it doesn't work but people in general think it works and don't know about hyperinflation. So that's all they need 😁😁

Yep, when someone said to me a few years ago "You know the value of your house hasn't increased, the value of money has decreased - you need more money now to buy the same things" it was like a light bulb going on!

House prices rising, all inflation - is a sign of a global economy in crisis 😳 

Edited by Frances Bennett

2 minutes ago, Frances Bennett said:

House prices rising, all inflation - is a sign of a global economy in crisis 😳 

When the brother in the March JW Broadcast mentioned 'poly crisis', I just had to look it up. WEForum.org (World Economic Forum) was the first site that popped up. #1 of their 2 year list of disasters was cost of living: 04uf2oTDCjNdAhBELZLPiS47Nsw5brtRKgpjdlaP

1 hour ago, Percy said:

When the brother in the March JW Broadcast mentioned 'poly crisis', I just had to look it up. WEForum.org (World Economic Forum) was the first site that popped up. #1 of their 2 year list of disasters was cost of living: 04uf2oTDCjNdAhBELZLPiS47Nsw5brtRKgpjdlaP

as a young adult, i see that until the new world comes i'll have enough problems to deal with. naturally, i would be afraid, but nah, Jehovah is on my side, and maybe that will make for some good stories! maybe when i meet my wife and have my hundred kids in paradise i'll talk about how i survived all this events in an epic way, lol

(Be careful! The above comment came from a suspicious source, a 20 year old. There's a risk that he is being: Idiot, reckless or stupid)

20 hours ago, Percy said:

When the brother in the March JW Broadcast mentioned 'poly crisis', I just had to look it up. WEForum.org (World Economic Forum) was the first site that popped up. #1 of their 2 year list of disasters was cost of living:

this news article along with some research on the term "The summit of the future" 

The UN has plans to revamp by the year 2025/2026 according to article #109 of the UN Charter ... this will change the current laws in place 

Also, at this years summit in September they have had 4 years to obtain signatures from many countries to trump their countries' laws or supercede them and act separately giving this part of the UN more power than individual countries.  This action is in connection with the signing of the declaration at the UN summit on 2020 for the UN's 75th anniversary. @Percy they know that they have and will fail to reach their 2030 SDG goals so this is what they have come up with so far....  

it is definitely getting interesting Anticipation Popcorn GIF