JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

I recently read this, and I thought it was interesting that the Keep on The Watch brochure was released 20 years ago.

*** kp p. 14 ‘The Hour of Judgment’ Has Arrived ***
Would It Make a Difference if You Knew?
  If you knew for sure that the impending execution of divine judgment would not come for a few more years, would that change how you are using your life? If the end of this old system is already later than you expected, have you allowed this to slow you down in Jehovah’s service?—Hebrews 10:36-38.
  Our not knowing the exact time gives us opportunity to show that we serve God out of pure motives. Those who know Jehovah realize that a last-minute display of zeal will not impress God, who sees what the heart is.—Jeremiah 17:10; Hebrews 4:13.
  For those who truly love Jehovah, he always comes first. Like other people, true Christians may do secular work. However, their goal is, not to get rich, but to have sufficient material goods and a little to share. (Ephesians 4:28; 1 Timothy 6:7-12) They also enjoy wholesome recreation and a change of pace, but their desire is to be refreshed, not simply to do what everyone else is doing. (Mark 6:31; Romans 12:2) Like Jesus Christ, they delight in doing God’s will.—Psalm 37:4; 40:8.
  True Christians want to live and serve Jehovah forever. That prospect is not less precious because they must wait for certain blessings a little longer than some may have expected.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I recently read this, and I thought it was interesting that the Keep on The Watch brochure was released 20 years ago.

For those who truly love Jehovah, he always comes first. 
  True Christians want to live and serve Jehovah forever. That prospect is not less precious because they must wait for certain blessings a little longer than expected.

>:D<

Joe Biden, 17 other world leaders call for release of hostages held by Hamas

"The statement was issued by Biden and the leaders of Argentina, Austria, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Colombia, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Spain, Thailand and the United Kingdom. The hostages include citizens of each country."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2024/04/25/biden-calls-for-hostage-release-hamas-israel/73450227007/

2 hours ago, comtemplate said:

this news article along with some research on the term "The summit of the future" 

The UN has plans to revamp by the year 2025/2026 according to article #109 of the UN Charter ... this will change the current laws in place 

Also, at this years summit in September they have had 4 years to obtain signatures from many countries to trump their countries' laws or supercede them and act separately giving this part of the UN more power than individual countries.  This action is in connection with the signing of the declaration at the UN summit on 2020 for the UN's 75th anniversary. @Percy they know that they have and will fail to reach their 2030 SDG goals so this is what they have come up with so far....  

it is definitely getting interesting Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Yeah I've been following this since last year.

Im Ready Lets Go GIF by Leroy Patterson

9 hours ago, Tortuga said:

*** kp p. 14 ‘The Hour of Judgment’ Has Arrived ***
Would It Make a Difference if You Knew?
  If you knew for sure that the impending execution of divine judgment would not come for a few more years, would that change how you are using your life? If the end of this old system is already later than you expected, have you allowed this to slow you down in Jehovah’s service?—Hebrews 10:36-38.
  Our not knowing the exact time gives us opportunity to show that we serve God out of pure motives. Those who know Jehovah realize that a last-minute display of zeal will not impress God, who sees what the heart is.—Jeremiah 17:10; Hebrews 4:13.
  For those who truly love Jehovah, he always comes first. Like other people, true Christians may do secular work. However, their goal is, not to get rich, but to have sufficient material goods and a little to share. (Ephesians 4:28; 1 Timothy 6:7-12) They also enjoy wholesome recreation and a change of pace, but their desire is to be refreshed, not simply to do what everyone else is doing. (Mark 6:31; Romans 12:2) Like Jesus Christ, they delight in doing God’s will.—Psalm 37:4; 40:8.
  True Christians want to live and serve Jehovah forever. That prospect is not less precious because they must wait for certain blessings a little longer than some may have expected.

Keep on the Watch! 

images(2).jpeg.3c0fd21692960c91cfdd95307347e283.jpeg

https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/Keep-on-the-Watch/

Just now, Dhanyel said:

Until when, O Jehovah..... Until when..... 💣

Soon brother... In most Asian regions are suffered with scorching heat which beating the record year after year. If Jehovah allows beyond this tolerable periods, His servants will suffer more beyond unbearable. Today, some are killed due to this climatic change of weather. This deadly change of weather is more intense than what we are looking ahead.

1 hour ago, Richie said:

Soon brother... In most Asian regions are suffered with scorching heat which beating the record year after year. If Jehovah allows beyond this tolerable periods, His servants will suffer more beyond unbearable. Today, some are killed due to this climatic change of weather. This deadly change of weather is more intense than what we are looking ahead.

Everything is out of control, we need help, we need the Kingdom 

2 hours ago, Richie said:

We are both in the Philippines But I live on the mountains.  Its getting humid hot here too.. unbelievable. People with high blood and diabetes are getting rushed of the hospitals. 

55 minutes ago, Dhanyel said:

Everything is out of control, we need help, we need the Kingdom 

Mental health crisis 

and people are dying of cancer at age 40-50. We are not made to do rat race, stress and eat processed food. 

59 minutes ago, JennyM said:

We are both in the Philippines But I live on the mountains.  Its getting humid hot here too.. unbelievable. People with high blood and diabetes are getting rushed of the hospitals. 

Mental health crisis 

and people are dying of cancer at age 40-50. We are not made to do rat race, stress and eat processed food. 

Those who have diabetes need to avoid extreme heat and need to avoid it even when involves the ministry too. Jehovah wants his servants to live. Even if not his servant, he wants people to use common sense when handling such matters. 

Many practice sports in extreme heat and pay the price for it with heat strokes. Sad.

Here in the Philippines, the temperature is record breaking...

I'm still working in the field because that's the nature of my work... I'm thankful because I can join in the car with some friends at work... (I am using motorcycle actually, but because of hot weather, some friends willing to help if I can go with them, in their car) 😅

However, this record breaking temperature is so, so, so undeniable... We really need the Kingdom.. The government can't do anything to cool down the temperature...

7 hours ago, jrnievas said:

Here in the Philippines, the temperature is record breaking...

I'm still working in the field because that's the nature of my work... I'm thankful because I can join in the car with some friends at work... (I am using motorcycle actually, but because of hot weather, some friends willing to help if I can go with them, in their car) 😅

However, this record breaking temperature is so, so, so undeniable... We really need the Kingdom.. The government can't do anything to cool down the temperature...

Be careful. Have you try early morning witnessing? Is it cooler then? Is there avenues you can adjust so you and others can be cooler while in the ministry? Go for it.

3 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

Be careful. Have you try early morning witnessing? Is it cooler then? Is there avenues you can adjust so you and others can be cooler while in the ministry? Go for it.

In our Congregation, we just spend 45 minutes to 1 hour in house to house ministry. Then, everybody is encouraged to do return visits as earliest as possible to avoid heat exhaustion. We end up at 0915~0930H then go to RV/BS.

A great amount of donations flow from supporters specially from wealthy leaders, politicians, elites and mass of people. Those monies were invested to big companies for profits. If donations and stocks are freezed, BTG cannot survived for a couple of months. 

5 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

Hello, I would like to ask you a question, a question that was asked to me...:

Where is the money of Babylon the Great?

There is vatican bank. It has an issue that Russia has also an account there.

We do not know where are the treasures of other religion. But sure they have bank accounts. They also have businesses.

34 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

Voici où va leur argent, je n'ai pas envie de le montrer sous forme imprimée mais vous pouvez suivre le lien pour voir leur richesse déconcertante.    🤑   🤮

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/these-are-the-richest-pastors-in-america/ar-AA1jUSsC

I appreciated this detail in the article:

"Along with preaching and teaching, pastors also make vast amounts of money by writing books that cover various topics and holding conferences, among other streams of faith-based income."

Each religion, to function, must rest on a financial bed. Someone might object that with us too, it is a question of money: donations from the faithful, value of real estate... but the big difference between us and false religion is that we do not have a clergy that we must maintain, and as the article says, the members of the GB, for example, do not give conferences, do not write books etc, etc... Furthermore we could earn money, for instance with advertising ( I imagine that on the JW.org site, advertising could drain a lot of money) but we don't, we do not ask anyone for money. It is Jesus who continues to manage his property.

3 hours ago, Dolce vita said:

I appreciated this detail in the article:

"Along with preaching and teaching, pastors also make vast amounts of money by writing books that cover various topics and holding conferences, among other streams of faith-based income."

Each religion, to function, must rest on a financial bed. Someone might object that with us too, it is a question of money: donations from the faithful, value of real estate... but the big difference between us and false religion is that we do not have a clergy that we must maintain, and as the article says, the members of the GB, for example, do not give conferences, do not write books etc, etc... Furthermore we could earn money, for instance with advertising ( I imagine that on the JW.org site, advertising could drain a lot of money) but we don't, we do not ask anyone for money. It is Jesus who continues to manage his property.

Not only this, we are a non-profit organization and Jehovah is going to keep this way too. Most of other religions are for profits. Sickening!

11 hours ago, Richie said:

A great amount of donations flow from supporters specially from wealthy leaders, politicians, elites and mass of people. Those monies were invested to big companies for profits. 

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, (Mormons) are an interesting case.

A "whistleblower" came forward to disclose the church leaders manage "a $100 billion clandestine hedge fund".

It sounds like the church leaders are raking in the money under the guise of a non-profit religious organization.

Apparently, they invest, not in their LDS name, but under the name of a surrogate.

Securities Exchange Commission is investigating over the allegations of skirting tax rules and deceiving donors.

1 hour ago, Doug said:

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, (Mormons) are an interesting case.

A "whistleblower" came forward to disclose the church leaders manage "a $100 billion clandestine hedge fund".

It sounds like the church leaders are raking in the money under the guise of a non-profit religious organization.

Apparently, they invest, not in their LDS name, but under the name of a surrogate.

Securities Exchange Commission is investigating over the allegations of skirting tax rules and deceiving donors.

With debt governments are in, makes me wonder when they decide to take

from BtG?

Edited by Sackedbysapp