JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

It looks like the 7th October changed the whole scenario of this world. 

From that date onwards escalations develop everyday. 

Things came to a head when Israel struck the consulate in Damascus and killed seven members of the country’s revolutionary guard. The Iranians responded on April 13 with an unprecedented – what many here call ‘historic’ – attack on Israel. They said the response was proportionate because no injuries were reported. Iranians said this was to create a new reality in the Middle East, and that this kind of “tit for tat” behaviour by Israel would no longer be tolerated.

Israel, of course, said they would respond and whether that is what we are seeing unfold today is that response is too early to say. It highlights just how fragile and tense the situation is.https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2024/4/19/live-israel-launches-missile-attack-in-response-to-iran-assault

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

2 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

I think Fred Franz focus 1975.  The idea came from the book Life Everlasting in Freedom of the Sons of God book.

Keep in mind Fred and Raymond were related, but Raymond had issues and left or was removed. I thought it was around 1980. The 'little red book' (1966) and its chronology I just loved and I recently extracted the table from it. It makes for a good reference. All it really said was 6000 years between Adam and 1975. No mention of the 'finale' that I remember.

3 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

It looks like the 7th October changed the whole scenario of this world. 

From that date onwards escalations develop everyday. 

Things came to a head when Israel struck the consulate in Damascus and killed seven members of the country’s revolutionary guard. The Iranians responded on April 13 with an unprecedented – what many here call ‘historic’ – attack on Israel. They said the response was proportionate because no injuries were reported. Iranians said this was to create a new reality in the Middle East, and that this kind of “tit for tat” behaviour by Israel would no longer be tolerated.

Israel, of course, said they would respond and whether that is what we are seeing unfold today is that response is too early to say. It highlights just how fragile and tense the situation is.https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2024/4/19/live-israel-launches-missile-attack-in-response-to-iran-assault

How do people feel in that region about a new escalation of their wars? 

Good news for us. Its a fulfilled prophecy. Last of the last days before a new millenium begins. 

6 hours ago, Percy said:

Keep in mind Fred and Raymond were related, but Raymond had issues and left or was removed. I thought it was around 1980. The 'little red book' (1966) and its chronology I just loved and I recently extracted the table from it. It makes for a good reference. All it really said was 6000 years between Adam and 1975. No mention of the 'finale' that I remember.

If you look at the publications just after this book some of its articles were pointing toward 1975. Here is one of several:

"Does God's rest day parallel the time man has been on earth since his creation? Apparently so. In what year, then, would the first 6,000 years of man's existence and also the first 6,000 years of Gods rest day come to an end? The year 1975. It means that within a relatively few years we will witness the fulfilment of the remaining prophecies that have to do with the "time of the end"." Awake! 1966 Oct 8 pp.19-20.

1 hour ago, Dustparticle said:

If you look at the publications just after this book some of its articles were pointing toward 1975. Here is one of several:

"Does God's rest day parallel the time man has been on earth since his creation? Apparently so. In what year, then, would the first 6,000 years of man's existence and also the first 6,000 years of Gods rest day come to an end? The year 1975. It means that within a relatively few years we will witness the fulfilment of the remaining prophecies that have to do with the "time of the end"." Awake! 1966 Oct 8 pp.19-20.

interresting,

after all,

we would/should/ought never have the catholic "papal infallability"-mindset that some friends have had, and still have unfortunately 

(a bit o.t. 

but imagine if the c-jab would prove to be another thalidomide/nevrosedyn, swine flu/narcolepsy etc scandal,

if so, i know friends that would have serious trust issues)

9 minutes ago, Shannie said:

Please pray for our brothers and sister in Japan I got some info from a reliable source that the government is going after them and have started a smear campaign also want to takeaway the tax exempt status.. 

I have the report it’s several pages

There is a topic about it in the forum.
The report is good btw.

2 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

To help others understand that quote, we used to think that the creation days were each 7,000 years long.  Hence, the six days of creation were a total of 42,000 years.  On the seventh day, following the creation of Eve, God rested.

The calculation that 1975 was 6,000 years since Adam left us with the question "How long was Adam alone before Eve was created"?  Because God's rest started following his last act of creation, Eve.    We don't know how long Adam was alone.  He was doing what Jehovah had instructed, naming the animals.

At the time, my guess was that Adam named the animals in 6 months.  I mean, what else did he have to do?  Nothing.  :yawning:  And that was the reasoning ~ In order for Christ's rule of 1,000 years to fit into God's day of rest period (7,000 years, same as the other days) and by 1975 it had already been 6,000 years, there wasn't much time remaining.  In fact, it was that gap between the creation of Adam and then Eve.  The question was "How long was Adam alone in the garden before Eve was introduced"?   Unknown.

34 minutes ago, Doug said:

To help others understand that quote, we used to think that the creation days were each 7,000 years long.  Hence, the six days of creation were a total of 42,000 years.  On the seventh day, following the creation of Eve, God rested.

The calculation that 1975 was 6,000 years since Adam left us with the question "How long was Adam alone before Eve was created"?  Because God's rest started following his last act of creation, Eve.    We don't know how long Adam was alone.  He was doing what Jehovah had instructed, naming the animals.

At the time, my guess was that Adam named the animals in 6 months.  I mean, what else did he have to do?  Nothing.  :yawning:  And that was the reasoning ~ In order for Christ's rule of 1,000 years to fit into God's day of rest period (7,000 years, same as the other days) and by 1975 it had already been 6,000 years, there wasn't much time remaining.  In fact, it was that gap between the creation of Adam and then Eve.  The question was "How long was Adam alone in the garden before Eve was introduced"?   Unknown.

Yes, we don’t know how long Adam was alone, but we can do a reasonable guess. The Bible describes a full grown mature man as 30  years old, even if Adam is alone for 10-20 years to name all the animals, that’s a total of 40 to 50 years before Eve was created. 

if you calculate 40 to 50 years from 1975, we come to 2015-2025.

YES, FOLKS, WE ARE EXTREMELY CLOSE!!!

19 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

Yes, we don’t know how long Adam was alone, but we can do a reasonable guess. The Bible describes a full grown mature man as 30  years old, even if Adam is alone for 10-20 years to name all the animals, that’s a total of 40 to 50 years before Eve was created. 

yes

we have never ever been this extremly close before

2 hours ago, zoebarry said:

But in this case Jesus and Satan would know when Eve was created. Because they saw it and were able to determine the year that way. But from the words in Matthew 24:37 it appears to me that they really do not know about that day. Or is the literal day and literal hour meant? I do not know

Edited by Dages

1 hour ago, Pavel said:

But in this case Jesus and Satan would know when Eve was created. Because they saw it and were able to determine the year that way. But from the words in Matthew 24:37 it appears to me that they really do not know about that day. Or is the literal day and literal hour meant? I do not know

That was satire, right :D 

2 hours ago, Pavel said:

they really do not know about that day.

The text literaly says "day or hour". It doesnt say YEAR.

There are 365 years in a solar year.

Demons knew the "time" of their end for sure, they could calculate it and therefore they have replyed back to Jesus: " You came BEFORE the predetermined time"  Mateus 8:29.

The demons were overthrown to Earth knowing their time left was short.

I think all angels could calculate the time, but NOT THE DAY or hour. But this is my thoughts only... My speculation.

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 4/17/2024 at 12:40 PM, Dhanyel said:

Teeth?

I would love to see the United Nations get restructured with more authority (teeth) that would really be a sign that we are moments away from P&S. It could be called the New United Nations.

Of course, we would call it the Flying NUN when Jehovah destroys it...:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

The text literaly says "day or hour". It doesnt say YEAR.

There are 365 years in a solar year.

Demons knew the "time" of their end for sure, they could calculate it and therefore they have replyed back to Jesus: " You came BEFORE the predetermined time"  Mateus 8:29.

The demons were overthrown to Earth knowing their time left was short.

I think all angels could calculate the time, but NOT THE DAY or hour. But this is my thoughts only... My speculation.

They knew the scriptures say that Jesus would need to be King before he had that kind of authority, and he obviously wasn't at that time. I don't think they have any more info than we do, but I could be wrong.

When we talk to people in the NS about what life was like in the end they're going to have an open mouth in disbelief at how stupid humanity became. 

I just got an email today confirming my renewed business license. It was signed Rochelle then she had to give a designation as to what she was: "she/her". For me this is the WORST part of this system, people not knowing that there are only 2 sexes.  It's so bad that a Trans had to go to social media and tell all the delusional people that there are only 2 sexes. 

Again I ask Jehovah how much worse can it get, how much more stupidity to endure.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

16 minutes ago, Poly Ester said:

Did anyone listen to the speech by Anthony Blinken at the G7 summit today ? 😵

Transcript right here 

https://www.state.gov/secretary-antony-j-blinken-at-a-solo-press-availability-2/

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

14 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

When we talk to people in the NS about what life was like in the end they're going to have an open mouth in disbelief at how stupid humanity became. 

I just got an email today confirming my renewed business license. It was signed Rochelle then she had to give a designation as to what she was: "she/her". For me this is the WORST part of this system, people not knowing that there are only 2 sexes.  It's so bad that a Trans had to go to social media and tell all the delusional people that there are only 2 sexes. 

Again I ask Jehovah how much worse can it get, how much more stupidity to endure.

My grandma died in 2002. She will die in paradise and have to be resurrected again just over the LGBTQ+ stuff alone. :lol1:

Edited by chuck83

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

On 4/19/2024 at 2:46 AM, Mike047 said:

So many things have been said on this thread, and it took me back to a time a few years ago, back in the 1960's, in fact, when there was a lot of heated discussion about 1975:

Some of the brothers and sisters believed that 1975 would see the outbreak of Armageddon.

Well, it was the end for my parents, I came into the world at the end of that year and apparently ended their life as single individuals, as they had to have a shotgun wedding.