JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

1 hour ago, Doug said:

The ayatollah must have been under extreme pressure from the hardliners to respond to Israel's attack on their facility in Damascus.  Knowing that Israel is a nuclear actor.

And now, what will Israel do?  This back-and-forth has to end somehow.   Last man standing???

Interesting analysis (unexpectedly balanced for mainstream CNN 🤣)

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/04/15/middleeast/israel-options-retaliate-iran-attack-mideast-conflict-mime-intl/index.html

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I decided not to link this because I can only find it on sites that are a little more on the partisan side, but I came across an interesting theory about one possible way Christianity will be destroyed:

And while religious Judaism has a decidedly negative view towards all non-Jews, Christianity in particular is regarded as a total abomination, which must be wiped from the face of the earth.

Whereas pious Muslims consider Jesus as the holy prophet of God and Muhammed’s immediate predecessor, according to the Jewish Talmud, Jesus is perhaps the vilest being who ever lived, condemned to spend eternity in the bottommost pit of Hell, immersed in a boiling vat of excrement. Religious Jews regard the Muslim Quran as just another book, though a totally mistaken one, but the Christian Bible represents purest evil, and if circumstances permit, burning Bibles is a very praiseworthy act. Pious Jews are also enjoined to always spit three times at any cross or church they encounter, and direct a curse at all Christian cemeteries. Indeed, many deeply religious Jews utter a prayer each and every day for the immediate extermination of all Christians.

Over the years prominent Israeli rabbis have sometimes publicly debated whether Jewish power has now become sufficiently great that all the Christian churches of Jerusalem, Bethlehem, and other nearby areas can finally be destroyed, and the entire Holy Land completely cleansed of all traces of its Christian contamination. Some have taken this position, but most have urged prudence, arguing that Jews needed to gain some additional strength before they should take such a risky step. These days, many tens of millions of zealous Christians and especially Christian Zionists are enthusiastic advocates for Jews, Judaism, and Israel, and I strongly suspect that at least some of that enthusiasm is based upon ignorance.

I will just add that the modern "alliance" between Christians and Jews is probably more tenuous than it appears. I believe both groups expect the other to be destroyed by God at some future day, but they must show support in the meantime. Anyway, this might be a factor in the way things play out; at the very least, it's an interesting look at some perspectives that may not be publicly known.

42 minutes ago, LeolaRootStew said:

I decided not to link this because I can only find it on sites that are a little more on the partisan side, but I came across an interesting theory about one possible way Christianity will be destroyed:

I will just add that the modern "alliance" between Christians and Jews is probably more tenuous than it appears. I believe both groups expect the other to be destroyed by God at some future day, but they must show support in the meantime. Anyway, this might be a factor in the way things play out; at the very least, it's an interesting look at some perspectives that may not be publicly known.

Where did you find that? 

Dance. Even if there's no music. 

Dance Dancing GIF by binibambini

3 hours ago, LeolaRootStew said:

Christian evangelists are the great supporters of Israel even they are not ecognized by Jews. They are also an avid supporters of Israel wars against its enemies. They don't care about the casualties of wars. They believe in the end of time prophecies are so related with Israel. Some of them are in the US government offices that can influence US policy toward Israel war.

What do I see?

I see now a shift of unprecedented attention towards the Middle East.

its where human civilization has started and it may be where this actual civilization (wicked system) will end.

Bible prophecies mention that region at the end of times. Symbolic? Perhaps. But lately the World is focusing like never before on the Middle East.

False religion is associated with Babylon in Iraq 

The final incursion of KOTN is in the territory ocupied by Israel right now (from Mediterranean Sea till Jerusalem)

The final war - Armageddon- is a world situation where all governments are brought together into

a mountain called Megiddo located in North Israel near Nazareth.

So it’s not surprising that as GT is approaching fast we see the World situation focused at Middle East. 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

18 minutes ago, Sofia said:

What do I see?

its where human civilization has started and it may be where this actual civilization (wicked system) will end.

Bible prophecies mention that region at the end of times. Symbolic? Perhaps. But lately the World is focusing like never before on the Middle East.

The final incursion of KOTN is in the territory ocupied by Israel right now (from Mediterranean Sea till Jerusalem)

The final war - Armageddon- is a world situation where all governments are brought together into

So it’s not surprising that as GT is approaching fast we see the World situation focused at Middle East. 

Hmm. We just dont know. 

I dont know if middle east is significant in the bible prophecy. 

What I feel is that if the world is on the verge of total nuclear war, I believe that Jehovah will intervene. 

We live in a very critical  times where thousands of nuclear are available and KOTN and KOTS are intensely pushing. 

The world will cry out peace and security because they dont know which way to get out from nuclear holocaust. Therefore that's the time where Jehovah will   step in and start GT... This is just how I feel. 

9 minutes ago, JennyM said:

...What I feel is that if the world is on the verge of total nuclear war...

Who knows where it all goes, but Jehovah will not allow the earth destroyed by (nuclear) weapons. He says that NO weapon will be succesful. Besides that the ones who can potentially use these weapons, they realize that if they do, it means the end of themselves too.

...It is how it is... 😊  I love long walks, special when you do the walking. A long answer is not short.

Posted (edited)

Israel is the stage for many significant biblical events, including the exodus from Egypt led by Moses, the delivery of the Ten Commandments at Mount Sinai, the conquest of Canaan by the Israelites led by Joshua, the reigns of David and Solomon, and the ministries of many prophets such as Elijah, Elisha, and Isaiah.

Furthermore, the life and ministry of Jesus Christ also unfolded in the region of Galilee and Judea.

Edited by Dhanyel

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

What do I see?

I have also thought about this Sofia.  Its very interesting. It might be very unexpected. 

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

The Slave has brought back the headline on jw.org "Will Armageddon Begin in Israel"?

1 hour ago, Doug said:

The Slave has brought back the headline on jw.org "Will Armageddon Begin in Israel"?

Yes

and GB says it means nothing.

it’s symbolic 

Armagedom is a world situation 

not a place in the middle east

Yet as we approach the end it seems that more than ever all attention is focused in that area.

even KOTN and KOTS are focused in it

so actually it seems all major powers are expressing deep concern in this region. 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

35 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Yes

it’s symbolic 

Yet as we approach the end it seems that more than ever all attention is focused in that area.

so actually it seems all major powers are expressing deep concern in this region. 

2 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

Israel is the stage for many significant biblical events, including the exodus from Egypt led by Moses, the delivery of the Ten Commandments at Mount Sinai, the conquest of Canaan by the Israelites led by Joshua, the reigns of David and Solomon, and the ministries of many prophets such as Elijah, Elisha, and Isaiah.

Furthermore, the life and ministry of Jesus Christ also unfolded in the region of Galilee and Judea.

I like what you, @Sofia and @Dhanyel said. The title is "Will Armageddon Begin In Israel?" Not "Will Peace & Security Begin In Israel?" Not "Will The Great Tribulation Begin In Israel?"

Israel, Gaza, and the Greater Middle East could be the current center for human turmoil and a fire starter for something in the future. 

Edited by chuck83

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

24 minutes ago, chuck83 said:

The title is "Will Armageddon Begin In Israel?" Not "Will Peace & Security Begin In Israel?" Not "Will The Great Tribulation Begin In Israel?"

Isn't that because the information is written with the public in mind?

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

It's a powder keg, for sure.   News reports that Russia is offering Iran fighter jets and missiles.

Biden has repeatedly said the US will help defend Israel. His assurances sound almost unconditional as far as defense is concerned.

As if that pushing weren't enough, reports say that North Korea are developing virus and biological weapons, anthrax and smallpox.

"The United States assesses that the DPRK has a dedicated, national level offensive biological weapons program".

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

Yes

it’s symbolic 

Yesterday during daily media briefing US department clearly stated that Iran will not be allowed to have nuclear weapons. All opinions are on the table. He said diplomacy didn’t work … negotiations didn’t work. Iran is very very close to producing nuclear weapon. Israel also said Iran will not have those weapons … so it’s a matter of time before another huge escalation takes place in the Middle East. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

49 minutes ago, Doug said:

Isn't that because the information is written with the public in mind?

I don't know. What @Sofia and @Dhanyel said gave me another perspective to look at things. 🤷‍♂️

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

Oh  my goodness!  This morning as I was cleaning the kitchen I was thinking how close are we?  Then my mind drifted to Daniel.

Daniel, was searching the scriptures when he came across Jeremiah's prophecy.  He told the friends/family that soon they were going to be able to go back home.  Prior to that the Medes/Persians had already taken Babylon over and that no one at the time of takeover should be on the streets or they would be killed.

The Jews were safe in their homes.  They experienced a take over from a different country as if their captivity was not enough.  However, they made a life in Babylon.

In our modern day the world is experiencing wars, friends are experiencing imprisonment and countries are banned not to mention climate change that has changed the lives of many of our friends.

In some respects we are mirroring certain aspects that happened in Daniel's time.  Thinking out loud here.

37 minutes ago, Dhanyel said:

Thank you, @Dhanyelfor supporting the idea. There are some very keen students of the Bible on this forum, and these are not students who seek to please the brain but rather the heart which beats as world events move towards their realization, and that makes much good to everyone. Thank you for this passion, it is shared.

And yet in all of the current situation they still refer to the war in Ukraine/Israel etc as a ‘threat’ to the peace and security of the world …..

We know that peace and security will be just a veneer as they certainly do not have peace and security…. And yet they already feel that they have

It also uses the word ‘saying’ peace and security… not crying or shouting etc and I feel that this is something that should be paid close attention to 

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

3 minutes ago, Poly Ester said:

It also uses the word ‘saying’ peace and security… not crying or shouting etc and I feel that this is something that should be paid close attention to 

Yes indeed, and that could surprise us how the prophecy could be potentially realized.

We expect certain definitive "marker" namely proclamation.

But what if? big if? If the prophecy only points out to a time period when they will be "saying" about Peace and Security (as we see it now) 

And then suddenly attack on false religion comes during that period.(like a thief in the night)  If this happens I wouldn't be surprised. 

15 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

But what if? big if? If the prophecy only points out to a time period when they will be "saying" about Peace and Security (as we see it now) 

And then suddenly attack on false religion comes during that period.(like a thief in the night)  If this happens I wouldn't be surprised. 

I have had that personal thought many times.

Edited by Desert Dan