JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

19 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Nous comprendrons quand nous serons pleinement remplis ou après avoir été remplis 🤷‍♀️

Si selon la nouvelle compréhension nous ne proclamons pas un message de jugement percutant mais la bonne nouvelle même en GT

cela peut avoir une compréhension complètement différente

Même GB n’était pas sûr de l’accomplissement de cette partie de la prophétie en 2020.

(tour de guet mai 2020)

IMG_8165.jpeg

In fact I am just expressing my deep and sincere admiration for you, my very dear Sister. Your interest in prophecies and your mastery of the subject are truly worthy of imitation. Admiration and love, remember only these two. 

What I understood: the message of judgment is included in the Good News. One day this Good News will take a more tragic turn for those who refuse to bend the knee before the Ruler of the universe. Jehovah will announce to them that they no longer have a future, that it is over for them. For his people the GN will be that all enemies of Jehovah will be neutralized, one way or another. 

The good news will be good to those who take Jehovahs side.

And will mean condemnation to those who refuse it.

The message preached may become more direct in the future, but we will still be preaching good news during GT hoping that more will take Jehovah’s side even then.

The heavy judgement message won’t be preached after all.

Meanwhile 

We may be days away from the biggest war in the Middle East in contemporary history.
On one side the axis of chaos: the 3 “H” financed by Iran (Hamas, Houthies, Herzbollah), in addition to the Taliban (who have already declared their intention to support Herzbollah) on the other: Israel.

There are numerous questions that arise:

- what will the EU do if Cyprus is attacked by Herzbollah?
- the North American position seems clear to me: despite all the current discomfort, it will be on Israel's side. 

Against KOTN .
- what will be the reaction of the Arab countries (Saudi Arabia will be able to align its position with the USA and Israel, and Egypt?)
- how will Russia (which is maneuvering behind the scenes) take advantage of this new focus of tension? Side by Iran since both are KOTN?
- what position will the UN adopt when unable to enforce any Resolutions lately…

Let us hope that it is still possible to avoid a war.

We are so eager to hear P&S … and it seems so far away 😣

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Iranian activist Taghi Rahmani, husband of Nobel Peace Prize winner (2023) Narges Mohammadi, detained in Iran, defends the idea that as long as Ayatollah Ali Khamenei is alive there will be no changes in Tehran's “repressive regime”.
He was interviewed in Portugal.

He s the voice of Iranian resistance.

Against the backdrop of the future presidential elections on June 28, Rahmani argues that Iran's future has three paths.

"The worst case scenario is that a dictator like [Russian President Vladimir] Putin emerges in Iran. The second is that the people put so much pressure on the regime that the regime itself corrects its course, just as Spain did after [Francisco] Franco [caudillo between 1936 and 1975]. The third hypothesis is that there will be a revolution, that the people will take to the streets and overthrow the regime", mentions the activist.

like in the past… the change of politic regimes it’s easier after the leadership death.

Even so… sometimes it gets worse or remains the same. 🙄

IMG_8172.jpeg

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Is it far-fetched to think that the end is really close now that reporting of time is gone? I feel it’s like hearing Jehovah saying the job is almost done! 

Anyone can guess the preaching work would naturally slow down a bit if reporting is gone. We must be really close towards the end. 

53 minutes ago, Hotteok said:

Is it far-fetched to think that the end is really close now that reporting of time is gone? I feel it’s like hearing Jehovah saying the job is almost done! 

Anyone can guess the preaching work would naturally slow down a bit if reporting is gone. We must be really close towards the end. 

It is not farfetched to think the end is really close ... It is! We just don't know how close. We just have to stay close to Jehovah and His organization, be ready for it to happen today - all while planning ahead as if it may be decades away as we can't let our hands slacken. 

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

1 hour ago, Hotteok said:

When we stopped reporting our time it changed our focus from "effort" to "results". Now we aren't looking at how much effort we are putting into starting Bible studies, we are looking at how successful we are.

Now that we are focused on talking to people all of the time and not just for a couple of hours a week, the preaching activity is actually going up. I am really interested in seeing how many more bible studies are started each year.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

20 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

When we stopped reporting our time it changed our focus from "effort" to "results". Now we aren't looking at how much effort we are putting into starting Bible studies, we are looking at how successful we are.

Now that we are focused on talking to people all of the time and not just for a couple of hours a week, the preaching activity is actually going up. I am really interested in seeing how many more bible studies are started each year.

I agree but there will be a learning curve. 

2 minutes ago, Landon1285 said:

I agree but there will be a learning curve. 

I agree, we still have some that are acclimating to the concept of being out in service 24/7. I have heard several good suggestions to help them transition to a different type of preaching. My favorite suggestion is to start your daily errands an hour early and dedicate that first hour to just talking to people. Go to the grocery store an hour early, go the doctor office an hour early, just try to start each day's normal activities an hour early and dedicate that time to Jehovah. Eventually it will become a pattern and we will do it all of the time.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

There is less focus on the time spent but we need to make effort here to start new bible studies, now we need to find the people for teaching them.

In the meantime, we are a little bit like the ones who are shouting "until when Lord are you refraining from judging ?", we are wondering to which extend how bad the wordly conditions will be before the end.

7 hours ago, Dolce vita said:

In fact I am just expressing my deep and sincere admiration for you, my very dear Sister. Your interest in prophecies and your mastery of the subject are truly worthy of imitation. Admiration and love, remember only these two. 

What I understood: the message of judgment is included in the Good News. One day this Good News will take a more tragic turn for those who refuse to bend the knee before the Ruler of the universe. Jehovah will announce to them that they no longer have a future, that it is over for them. For his people the GN will be that all enemies of Jehovah will be neutralized, one way or another. 

I couldn't have expressed it any better. 

At least nine dead, 25 injured as gunmen attack synagogues and churches in Russia’s Dagestan

Attacks have been reported in churches, synagogues and a police traffic stop in the cities of Derbent and Makhachkala, which are about 120km (75 miles) apart.

Among the dead are seven law enforcement officers, a priest and a church security guard, according to local authorities. Four “militants” have also been killed, according to the Russian news agency TASS.

Warning, gruesome details at the read - 

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/23/europe/dagestan-synagogue-attack-russia-intl-latam/index.html

Dagestan (in Russia) has a large Muslim population 

Edited by Sofia

2 hours ago, Lee49 said:

At least nine dead, 25 injured as gunmen attack synagogues and churches in Russia’s Dagestan

Attacks have been reported in churches, synagogues and a police traffic stop in the cities of Derbent and Makhachkala, which are about 120km (75 miles) apart.

Among the dead are seven law enforcement officers, a priest and a church security guard, according to local authorities. Four “militants” have also been killed, according to the Russian news agency TASS.

Warning, gruesome details at the read - 

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/23/europe/dagestan-synagogue-attack-russia-intl-latam/index.html

effects of war.. The world is at war. 

Religious wars 

7 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Encouraging words. 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

6 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I agree, we still have some that are acclimating to the concept of being out in service 24/7. I have heard several good suggestions to help them transition to a different type of preaching. My favorite suggestion is to start your daily errands an hour early and dedicate that first hour to just talking to people. Go to the grocery store an hour early, go the doctor office an hour early, just try to start each day's normal activities an hour early and dedicate that time to Jehovah. Eventually it will become a pattern and we will do it all of the time.

4 almost 40 years I've always kept in mind turning a conversation towards the good news. I thought that's who we are JEHOVAH'S Witnesses 24/7/365

10 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I heard a local experience of our brother here, that he always talk to a kid early in the morning, so that he can start counting his hours in ministry. He always ask the kid "What is the name of God?" 😄

On 6/21/2024 at 1:39 PM, zoebarry said:

😂😂 I am looking forward to watching it! I feel it is going to be quite entertaining!

The stage is set for a cancellation, in my opinion.

To begin with, Biden's team must be nervous wrecks anticipating him going head-to-head with Trump and without notes for 90 long minutes.

So, this is what I foresee:   After the attack on the Crimea beach with US made missiles, Putin has said the US should "brace themselves for retaliation".

I foresee this situation escalating over the next two or three days to the point that the Biden team will come out and say the Commander-In-Chief is needed in the Situation Room and, therefore, the debate regrettably will need to be rescheduled.

Pure speculation, but wouldn't that just be a textbook political tactic?   Real or not.

6 hours ago, computerwiz said:

I will be surprised if we make it through the year without the GT breaking out.  HOWEVER, there are some important reminders...

image.png.806099be5414970883c494fd461eeb45.png

Genesis 18:32 - Finally he said: “Jehovah, please, do not become hot with anger, but let me speak just once more: Suppose only ten are found there.” He answered: “I will not destroy it for the sake of the ten.”

2 Peter 3:9 -  Jehovah is not slow concerning his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire anyone to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.

Jehovah is very patient indeed...

With everything going on in the world and our own personal trials, Watchtower articles with comments like these to keep us grounded and focused are absolute gold! It’s nice to be reminded of them every so often.

When the 2016 Convention basement videos came out I felt like the end was months away. I let people tell me spoilers of the next conventions for the first time in my life - before that I would threaten to end a friendship if they spoiled anything. I can't believe it's been 7 years. 

These days I mentally assume the end will come within 3 years (I used to think 10) and I'm back to no spoilers. 

21 minutes ago, LeolaRootStew said:

I can't believe it's been 7 years. 

In about 1974 our congregation put on a skit for the Service Meeting. The brother was giving the introduction for a nondescript talk and then all the lights went out. Another brother put a cassette on with sirens and voices outside, then marching boots that got louder then faded away. I was outside and banged on the emergency door at the front of the hall with a coded knock. The brother opened the door for me and with a flashlight on my face I described the mayhem of the GT outside. Then the lights came on. Whew!!!

Lot's of fun for us in the know and a throwback to Nazi era Stormtroopers.

Some were quite alarmed about it though, so we didn't do that again. Oops. Remember it was written by somebody who felt 1975 was IT for us. It didn't happen of course, but we learn to be ready at all times.

I can't believe its been 50 years!