JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

5 minutes ago, vern said:

"They receive authority as kings without a kingdom"

Burger King were  kids are king !  You get the humor , I get their stupidity   ,   Jehovah says DONE !THE End !!  Our God don't see there humor or achievements  , just foolishness and stupidity  ,!Three Stooges Vintage GIF

40 minutes ago, Dages said:

Hezbollah may have been decapitated now. Nasrallah was probably in the building they bombed earlier today.
May they claim peace and security, so we can move on

Not yet, Iran is still “alive” and close to getting nuclear weapon. Israel will never tolerate this. I think  greater “mess” is still coming. BTW, Israeli prime minister described UN as a “joke” yesterday. Very interesting times we are living in. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Just a thought.

We generally think of the UN receiving authority from the kings of the earth specifically to immediately attack BTG, but do the scriptures indicate that is all that will happen? We have learned over the years that bible prophecy doesn't give us every detail, so is it possible that the UN will receive authority from the kings of the earth and accomplish a lot of good things for the world? Is it possible the UN may have that authority for long time before it uses it to destroy BTG? One possible scenario that I was thinking about is that the UN brings peace and security to the world and then a new religious conflict erupts. Does that sound reasonable?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

5 hours ago, Ysaias said:

It'll be World War Last!

—‘I promise you that this will be the final war—the war to end all wars.’—Woodrow Wilson, U.S. President (1913-21).

This proved to be false when WW2 happened.

“We have had our last chance. If we do not devise some greater and more equitable system, Armageddon will be at our door.”—U.S. General Douglas MacArthur (1945).

I guess this is the sentiment still present in the world, that if they fail to prevent another global conflict, it'll be the end. They're kinda right, ¿don't you think?

I do not want to think of this , I want to start walking to the new system , no offense, that is what I think. Not upset of your thoughts . Just....... want to go .     Bye friend

5 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Just a thought.

We generally think of the UN receiving authority from the kings of the earth specifically to immediately attack BTG, but do the scriptures indicate that is all that will happen? We have learned over the years that bible prophecy doesn't give us every detail, so is it possible that the UN will receive authority from the kings of the earth and accomplish a lot of good things for the world? Is it possible the UN may have that authority for long time before it uses it to destroy BTG? One possible scenario that I was thinking about is that the UN brings peace and security to the world and then a new religious conflict erupts. Does that sound reasonable?

YES

58 minutes ago, Dhanyel said:

someone could summarize what he is saying just for better understanding for those who do not have English as their first language, I would appreciate it.

If I understood correctly, dear @Dhanyel  (real English speakers please correct me): he evokes a historic reconciliation between the Arab world and Israel, Islam and Judaism, Mecca and Jerusalem, saying that if Israel is determined to achieve peace Iran and its proxies are determined to break this peace. To, in a way, pull the rug from under Iran's feet, we absolutely must achieve this peace, a peace which would be the foundation of an expansion of Abraham's allies (I am not at all sure about this) like the United States, Saudi Arabia, the Arab countries friends of peace. The outcome of this Middle East peace would bring enormous benefits to the rest of the world. With the help and leadership of the USA, this peace could really exist, he thinks, and even sooner than one might think, he adds. He ends by saying that as Prime Minister he will do everything in his power to make this happen. This is an opportunity that Israel and the entire world should not miss.

9 minutes ago, vern said:

They always speak like this.  Never usually do anything?

True, but the prophecy tells us that one day, the turn will be taken 180°. They will not do more but they will say it in a way to impress the world but this time, snap snap, the trap will close on their mouths before they have time to say yhe last words. It will then be up to Jehovah to play and bring out THE hand that writes on the walls: Tekel Tekel it's over...

1 minute ago, Dolce vita said:

True, but the prophecy tells us that one day, the turn will be taken 180°. They will not do more but they will say it in a way to impress the world but this time, snap snap, the trap will close on their mouths before they have time to say yhe last words. It will then be up to Jehovah to play and bring out THE hand that writes on the walls: Tekel Tekel it's over...

YES.  YES.  YES !!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Just a thought.

It doesn't sound beyond the realm of possibility ... (imo)

“He who knows patience knows peace.” — Chinese Proverb