JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

I guess Russia could think detonating tactical nuclear weapon on the location of Zelensky and other government officials could “solve” their problems. I hope it won’t come to this. 

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

On 5/4/2023 at 3:04 PM, Sofia said:

In my point of view: Daniel´s prophecy and Revelation shows the power relased by KOTS when the 2 Nucs were released in Japan... But no more prophecy about similar/worse demonstration of power after that prophecy. It makes me believe no Nucs will be released ever again in a big scale. In a smaller scale? well... we shall have to patiently wait. Either a pontual attack without retaliation; or not even that.

If there was a big NUC power attack before GT, Im sure the Bible would mention it, like it mentions the Hiroshima/nagasaki attack in 1945.

My opinion only.... 

my opinion agrees with your opinion for the most part. Revelation indicates the wild beast would be hurled into the lake of fire while still alive. As the slave puts it, while still operating. The US or other countries wouldn’t be in operation if they suffered nuclear weapon impacts. It’s not to say a couple couldn’t be detonated before the end but nothing scripturally indicates mass destruction. More like pushing and shoving and land invasions. 

1 minute ago, Loyal said:

At least 8 people killed by gunman at Texas mall; shooter killed by police

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/police-responding-shooting-texas-mall-texas-multiple-injured-2023-05-06/

I wonder what it will be like during the great tribulation period, how sad this situation is, and it's getting worse and worse

Around 200 mass shootings so far this year in USA.

1 hour ago, JennyM said:

from bad to worse 2tim 3:13

We are living in critical times.  All this reminds me of the District Convention where the clay and iron in the toes was discussed. In Noah's day, violence is what ruined the earth. Myself I try not to focus on one type of violence, since that can be a slippery slope. Another crime, the increase of stabbings. "Fatal stabbings at highest level since records began in 1946" BBC

When looking at 2 Tim 3:1-5, all these traits are increasing. 

11 hours ago, Loyal said:

Pelo menos 8 pessoas mortas por atirador em shopping do Texas; atirador morto pela policia

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/police-responding-shooting-texas-mall-texas-multiple-injured-2023-05-06/

Eu me pergunto como será durante o período da grande tribulação, quão triste é esta situação, e está ficando cada vez pior

May your Kingdom come!

6 hours ago, Golfguy74 said:

. "Fatal stabbings at highest level since records began in 1946" BBC

When looking at 2 Tim 3:1-5, all these traits are increasing. 

My cousins grandson was murdered six weeks ago. He went to help someone who was being assaulted apparently and ended up being stabbed multiple times at 20 years old. Sickening. 

11 hours ago, JennyM said:

from bad to worse 2tim 3:13

The historical account in Genesis chapter 6 informs us that in Noah’s day the earth had become ruined in the sight of the true God. Why? Because of violence. This was not a matter of isolated cases of criminal violence. Genesis 6:11 reports that “the earth became filled with violence.”
What action Jehovah took?

He decided to destroy the wicked. 

The increase in violence worldwide indicates nearness of the end. 

Because conditions in our day are very much like those that prevailed in the days of Noah. Jesus Christ said that this was to be expected. In his great prophecy about the time of his presence during the conclusion of the system of things, Jesus foretold: “Just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be.”—Matthew 24:37.

You're right to quote 2 Tim 3:13, we see violence overtaking the earth. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41488081

W 90 4/15 Deliverance Near for People of Godly Devotion! is a nice one.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

5 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

The historical account in Genesis chapter 6 informs us that in Noah’s day the earth had become ruined in the sight of the true God. Why? Because of violence. This was not a matter of isolated cases of criminal violence. Genesis 6:11 reports that “the earth became filled with violence.”
What action Jehovah took?

He decided to destroy the wicked. 

The increase in violence worldwide indicates nearness of the end. 

Because conditions in our day are very much like those that prevailed in the days of Noah. Jesus Christ said that this was to be expected. In his great prophecy about the time of his presence during the conclusion of the system of things, Jesus foretold: “Just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be.”—Matthew 24:37.

You're right to quote 2 Tim 3:13, we see violence overtaking the earth. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41488081

W 90 4/15 Deliverance Near for People of Godly Devotion! is a nice one.

Noah's day lasted for 120 yrs. I wonder if its the same in our time. 

54 minutes ago, JennyM said:

Noah's day lasted for 120 yrs. I wonder if its the same in our time. 

We've heard some speculate that 1914 + 120 means the GT starts in 2034. If the math was that easy Jesus would have figured it out.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

15 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

4 When we go to a convention, we know what time each session will begin. However, it is impossible for us to know exactly when the great tribulation will begin. When on earth, Jesus said: “Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.” (Matthew 24:36) Of course, since Jesus is the one who will lead the war of Armageddon, most likely he now knows when that war will be. (Revelation 19:11-16) But we still do not know the date or time when the end will come. That is why it is very important for us to keep on the watch. Jehovah has decided exactly when the great tribulation will begin, and each day it is getting closer and closer. “It will not be late!” (Read Habakkuk 2:1-3.) Why can we be so sure of this?

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/402016527?q=Jesus+know+when+is+the+hour&p=par

12 hours ago, Tortuga said:

We've heard some speculate that 1914 + 120 means the GT starts in 2034. If the math was that easy Jesus would have figured it out.

Jehovah knew how much time Noah needed to complete his work and warn mankind. I think in this system Jehovah has evaluated the exact time needed to preach and prepare his people.  I wish there was some mathematical way to figure that out.  But I don't think we will figure that out (if there is one)until the other side of things.

Dance. Even if there's no music. 

Dance Dancing GIF by binibambini

13 hours ago, Tortuga said:

We've heard some speculate that 1914 + 120 means the GT starts in 2034

Star Trek Vulcan GIF

13 hours ago, Tortuga said:

If the math was that easy Jesus would have figured it out.

Well there's many numbers that Jehovah could have possibly used.  Or He may not have any correlation to past numbers/events at all.  Only time will tell.

Knowing that the "date is set" leads one to believe there's some mathematical possibility.  Or He may have just looked into the future and saw when things were as good as they're gonna get for salvation & then set the date that way.  In any case, no way we can be dogmatic about any idea.  And we've all heard about speculation recently.....  👀

50 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

One way to patch it up is to hit the presses. They will print money with nothing to back it up. Dangerous.

Well in Germany all the extra money gave impetus to the wheelbarrow industry which helped replace the wallet.

2 hours ago, jwmom said:

I think in this system Jehovah has evaluated the exact time needed to preach and prepare his people.  

Interesting to think about the basis for Jehovah's timing of things.  Could it be that he's allowing things to go right to the edge of self-destruction before he calls it ?  In that case, perhaps there would be a maximum number saved as people see "the handwriting on the wall" and turn to God while there's still time?

Furthermore, it would leave no doubt as to the only solution to mankind's problems is God's government?  Case closed.

2 minutes ago, Doug said:

Interesting to think about the basis for Jehovah's timing of things.  Could it be that he's allowing things to go right to the edge of self-destruction before he calls it ?  In that case, perhaps there would be a maximum number saved as people see "the handwriting on the wall" and turn to God while there's still time?

Furthermore, it would leave no doubt as to the only solution to mankind's problems is God's government?  Case closed.

Every time Jehovah brought about divine destruction, the people were beyond hope.  They were given ample time, but the people were so far gone, there were no redeemable qualities....