JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

Of the entire Babylonian empire, the one who bears the greatest blame is Christianity, the clergy, the Catholic Church, is this information correct?  we usually talk a lot about the Arab religion, and others, but I see the Vatican, the Pope in the central position as someone in the position of a queen who thinks she will never cry, commits prostitution with the politicians of the world, meddles in everything, it will be interesting when the UN attacks the Vatican itself and then other religions, it is considered a country with its own money, it seems that it is untouchable, comment on the subject.images.jpeg.a8df278f500a9e332207029eea094d4d.jpeg

1 hour ago, Dhanyel said:

Of the entire Babylonian empire, the one who bears the greatest blame is Christianity, the clergy, the Catholic Church, is this information correct?  we usually talk a lot about the Arab religion, and others, but I see the Vatican, the Pope in the central position as someone in the position of a queen who thinks she will never cry, commits prostitution with the politicians of the world, meddles in everything, it will be interesting when the UN attacks the Vatican itself and then other religions, it is considered a country with its own money, it seems that it is untouchable, comment on the subject.images.jpeg.a8df278f500a9e332207029eea094d4d.jpeg

As Vatican a center of Catholic church and Vatican involves in many scandal including sex abuse and money, absolutely it is one of the targets of UN at the start of GT.

8 minutes ago, Landon1285 said:

Hundreds of people stormed an airport in Russia.

After breaching security, they tried to board a flight that landed from Tel Aviv, Israel. 

News Article 

We see the storm!  We will depend on Jehovah's backing however if not, we will remain faithful come what may.

Alot of these disturbances are happening in countries that are extremist and have been for years.  In the middle east they have been in chaos for centuries.

The end of this system most definitely is near.

44 minutes ago, Landon1285 said:

Hundreds of people stormed an airport in Russia.

After breaching security, they tried to board a flight that landed from Tel Aviv, Israel. 

News Article 

It seems like every week people are getting more and more hostile to religion.  I used to think that Jehovah would have to put big ole ice block hooks into the jaws of the governments and give a nice yank.  Now, with the way religion is acting and people's attitudes, it seems like he can put a little fish hook in there jaws and gently pull them in that direction.  They won't need much "convincing."

This watchtower article is interesting 

dated 1999

by that time GB had few insight on how the GT would unfold.

Still this article compares the tribulation on the first century from 66EC to 70 EC to the GT that is about to burst. Based on Jesus prophecy and Daniel chapters 9 and 12

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1999323

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

8 minutes ago, Sofia said:

This watchtower article is interesting 

dated 1999

by that time GB had few insight on how the GT would unfold.

Still this article compares the tribulation on the first century from 66EC to 70 EC to the GT that is about to burst. Based on Jesus prophecy and Daniel chapters 9 and 12

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1999323

I like this article too because it puts all the prophecies on one straight line. 

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=jwlshare&wtlocale=E&prefer=lang&docid=2013530

2 hours ago, Landon1285 said:

I like this article too because it puts all the prophecies on one straight line. 

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=jwlshare&wtlocale=E&prefer=lang&docid=2013530

Thanks, 2013 was a great year. We had the most Beliefs Clarified that year, we received the new NWT and the JWLibrary app. A lot of things happened in 2013.. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 minute ago, Tortuga said:

Thanks, 2013 was a great year. We had the most Beliefs Clarified that year, we received the new NWT and the JWLibrary app. A lot of things happened in 2013.. 

I left bethel that summer (2013) and was sad that I wouldn't be able to catch another annual meeting again...or so I thought 🫨

28 minutes ago, Landon1285 said:

I left bethel that summer (2013) and was sad that I wouldn't be able to catch another annual meeting again...or so I thought 🫨

We left 1996 and felt the same way, but .....

Hang in there. It seems the ride is bumpy ahead.  😉

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

2 minutes ago, trottigy said:

We left 1996 and felt the same way, but .....

Hang in there. It seems the ride is bumpy ahead.  😉

I ended up commuting before the end of the year (2013) so I was blessed to keep going until 2017. My friends did a double take lol. I thought you left 🤣

On 10/30/2023 at 5:28 AM, Dhanyel said:

May the Kingdom of God come quickly, I'm sorry for our brothers in that explosion at the congress in India, I saw it in JW and also in the thread that already talks about this subject.😥😥😥

The mother of a brother in our congregation was at the convention.  She is fine, but they have friends and family who have been affected.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/a-record-6-9-million-people-have-been-displaced-in-congos-growing-conflict-the-u-n-says
No one is really talking about this but there has been way more displaced people in Congo recently

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

And then there is this:

Thousands of Afghans living in Pakistan raced to the border on Tuesday ahead of a midnight deadline for undocumented foreigners to leave the country.

Pakistan says 1.7 million such people must leave by 1 November or face arrest and deportation. Most are Afghans.

Many refugees are terrified, having fled Afghanistan after the Taliban retook control in 2021. Others have been in Pakistan for decades.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-67259108

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

There will be no peace in the region and in the world without a just solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, including the end of the Israeli occupation.” UN

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

9 hours ago, BLEmom said:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/a-record-6-9-million-people-have-been-displaced-in-congos-growing-conflict-the-u-n-says
No one is really talking about this but there has been way more displaced people in Congo recently

Our 2023 convention last talk by Sanderson says that there are 100M currently  displaced due to war. 

On 10/30/2023 at 11:51 AM, Dhanyel said:

There's now a netflix series called Mysteries of the Faith the Vatican is giving unprecedented access to some of the most famous holy relics.