JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

3 hours ago, Doug said:

That yeartext and this weeks mid-week meeting part "Be Content with the Present Things".   The experience of Miguel Novoa.   I was thinking about the reason the slave wanted this for the meeting.   Does the slave expect serious financial hardships next year (2024)?    Even before the GT?

When we went to two meetings a week, finances seemed to be a part of the reason. I had a small retirement fund. It was being leaked away, ever so slowly. I went to the guy who was handling such. Said, if this continues, i was going to pull the money out, and bury it. He switched me to bonds, vs. Stocks and bonds. When that money upset came, i think in 2008, (or so) i didnt loose any money. And, lots of peopłe lost money.
I figured this system was just going one way, if Jehovah’s organization was recognizing it in any manner. 
I sort of think things have been skewed worse than usual since then. 
At this point, absolutely nothing would surprise me. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

3 hours ago, mjcabz said:

We struck a strong earthquake here in southern Philippines, please pray for our brothers here, we have also tsunami alert.

We were able to pray about this before it hit the national news. Thanks to you, dear brother. This is almost over. May Jehovah sustain you and all his people effected by this major earthquake. And, yes, a potential tsunami. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

On 12/2/2023 at 1:11 AM, Richie said:

I lost my job in 2020 during Covid but Jehovah always sustains us even until now.. Since then I receive a lot of spiritual blessings, I with my family can spend more time and energy for Him. This test of time, Jehovah shows His power on behalf of His people. Still pleading Jehovah for His continued support. 

Yes, whether we retain a job may seem most important right now. But as this system winds down many will lose work, if not already. I too, lost my job during covid but Jehovah has been close by ... this is what we need to hang on to ... Jehovah... not our jobs. They are passing away. Hang in there Jenny Jehovah has your back if you stay on the Highway of Righteousness. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

2 hours ago, Stormswift said:

Yes, whether we retain a job may seem most important right now. But as this system winds down many will lose work, if not already. I too, lost my job during covid but Jehovah has been close by ... this is what we need to hang on to ... Jehovah... not our jobs. They are passing away. Hang in there Jenny Jehovah has your back if you stay on the Highway of Righteousness. 

We have the privilege of prayer and thats wonderful. It gives us peace of mind. 

4 hours ago, Stormswift said:

Yes even I lost my job, the opportunity to be closer to Jehovah than before has been a reality.

Biden seeks expanding UN security council permanent member to offset Russia

https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/international-stories/1694974146-biden-seeks-expanding-un-security-council-permanent-members-to-offset-russia-report

Edited by Richie

Just now, Dolce vita said:

This illustration is beautiful. It is rare to see Jesus in a position to destroy a human by targeting him directly, he who is so gentle. Maybe he already did it as an angel, probably even, but he died trying to save us all. This shows whether Jehovah's war is just, highly just. Let the Kingdom come, yes, let it intervene, dear @Dhanyel. Let's prepare ourselves for this battle which will not be ours.

1 hour ago, Richie said:

Ten members would be an interesting number :) 

King of the South is panicking. Ukraine running out of soldiers and just wants money. Russians way more powerful than US realised. Ready to "swarm over" Ukraine and any Balkan states in it's way. Israel going "bananas" and could be overrun by Turkey (2 million soldiers and well armed) and Iran (over 1 million soldiers, well armed). NATO defunct. So they will have to come up with a "cunning plan". Maybe Peace and Security! 🤔

Nothing is secure in this system!

Ex-US ambassador arrested for allegedly being secret Cuban spy

https://news.yahoo.com/ex-us-ambassador-arrested-allegedly-102928778.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

The bombshell arrest comes after Mr Rocha has spent 25 years working as a top US diplomat in several Latin American countries.

His diplomatic postings included a stint at the US Interests Section in Cuba during a time when the US lacked full diplomatic relations with Fidel Castro’s communist government.

2023-12-04_12h25_49.png

3 hours ago, Brew29 said:

Russians way more powerful than US realised. Ready to "swarm over" Ukraine and any Balkan states in it's way

How they can swarm over if they cannot get small town of Aldivka for months? Russians losses over there are the highest since the beginning of the war. There are reports that many Russian soldiers choose to surrender to preserve life as losses are between 400-1000 of soldiers a day. Some simply refuse to attack Ukraine positions because it means certain death. Losses are also on Ukraine’s side. But I do not see Russia swarming any country any soon. They have huge manpower but morale are so Actually I think Putin is the one who worries, due to inability of subduing Ukraine. And I recon if losses continue in Russian army there could be some sort of dissent from population. All those young man dying create another crisis in relation to economy. Any country needs young generation to work …instead they are dying in trenches. It really becomes complicated for Putin and he might be forced to make compromises. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, Lee49 said:

2023-12-04_12h25_49.png

That explains it!!!!!!!!!!

This is exactly how the devil works - he is the boss of both of these characters and sets one against the other (and he doesn't care who wins) - all to distract everyone of the real issue - The Kingdom.

I'm glad we are not fooled or distracted.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

31 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

How they can swarm over if they cannot get small town of Aldivka for months? Russians losses over there are the highest since the beginning of the war. There are reports that many Russian soldiers choose to surrender to preserve life as losses are between 400-1000 of soldiers a day. Some simply refuse to attack Ukraine positions because it means certain death. Losses are also on Ukraine’s side. But I do not see Russia swarming any country any soon. They have huge manpower but morale are so Actually I think Putin is the one who worries, due to inability of subduing Ukraine. And I recon if losses continue in Russian army there could be some sort of dissent from population. All those young man dying create another crisis in relation to economy. Any country needs young generation to work …instead they are dying in trenches. It really becomes complicated for Putin and he might be forced to make compromises. 

Unfortunately western propaganda feeds the masses that Russia is in fail,but their economy is on the up,Putin is very much in favour they have some massive new missiles that any air defence won't stop and still have a large army that they haven't used. The Ukraine has lost over 400,00 and are now putting women on the front line along with new recruits with 3 weeks training and pensioners! The Ukraine president is just a puppet for the Ukrainian Oligarchs who are syphoning off as much money from the the US and Europe. The mayor of Kiev is very despondent because Zelensky has not talked to him for months. It's all imploding. The King of the North is just playing games with the west. So very, very sad for the people but it's all leading to Peace and Security.