JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Wishlist for JW Library

20 hours ago, htownmmm said:

It would be wonderful if there was one button to download all the videos from the Enjoy Life book. 

Downloading each video one by one is very time consuming. 

marty

You can download it all in just one click ..

Just go to the book .. open the 3 dots button, then go to "Download Media" .. Then select videos ... It will be downloaded, just choose what pixel you want to download ..

14 hours ago, jrnievas said:

You can download it all in just one click ..

Just go to the book .. open the 3 dots button, then go to "Download Media" .. Then select videos ... It will be downloaded, just choose what pixel you want to download ..

The best I can do is open each chapter in the Enjoy Life Forever book and click the 3 dots and download the videos for that chapter.  I still have to go through all of the 60 chapters.

EDIT:  It did work with the Pure Worship book.

Edited by jwhess

38 minutes ago, jwhess said:

The best I can do is open each chapter in the Enjoy Life Forever book and click the 3 dots and download the videos for that chapter.  I still have to go through all of the 60 chapters.

EDIT:  It did work with the Pure Worship book.

On my Galaxy phone, the 3 dots open up a download media option. On my Galaxy tablets and my Surface tablet, there is a cloud next to the 3 dot menu. Hope this helps. 

marty

7 hours ago, Hava Saber said:

I wish dark mode were slightly lighter black. The bold black together with bright white text can make my eyes water when reading.

How about if the "bright white" were a little less bright instead of the black being less black?

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

24 minutes ago, trottigy said:

You could go to the media section at the end of each section and download eveything for each section.

That is what my "3 dots" do for each chapter.  I will check again to see if I can do it for a whole section.  All the sections and the whole book worked for the Pure Worship book.

56 minutes ago, htownmmm said:

On my Galaxy phone, the 3 dots open up a download media option. On my Galaxy tablets and my Surface tablet, there is a cloud next to the 3 dot menu. Hope this helps. 

marty

It works like you said on my Ipad but not on my Windows devices.

8 hours ago, Qapla said:

How about if the "bright white" were a little less bright instead of the black being less black?

I haven't test it yet, perhaps it worked. Most of the dark mode I found in most UI (User Interface) is less black, maintaining the white bright. If the bright white is lesser, it is look like the text is disabled or somewhat not accessible.

He knows you better than you know yourself, and he wants to help. :hugs:

The colours used in Vscode darkmode (a program you can write html in) are very pleasant to the eyes.

Matthew 6:22 - The lamp of the body is the eye. If, then, your eye is clear*, your whole body will be full of light*. 

(*footnote)

43 minutes ago, Tronora said:

The colours used in Vscode darkmode (a program you can write html in) are very pleasant to the eyes.

Are they the same for all devices and all operating systems?  Our brothers have to code to cover a lot of ground.

On 7/2/2022 at 1:32 PM, GWings said:

Okay, maybe I should get back to my Swift course again.... You'll have the app with widgets in about two years 😉 

😁

Are We There Yet GIF by Microsoft Edge

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

On 7/12/2024 at 11:47 PM, nicwakeford said:

At the moment my one wishlist item would be:

1) linux support

Maybe someone has figured our how to install and run it using wine and the downloadable windows store file, but I sure haven't. There is the option of using an android emulator in linux but it seems less stable and it made the interface a bit difficult to work with in comparison to the windows version.

There are indeed people hoping for the app to be available on Linux. However, Linux currently has a very low popularity rate among desktop OS. Hence, it is not sustainable to have it available for Linux. MacOS only got support due to Silicon M processors; otherwise, the app wouldn’t be available for the OS either, or for those Intel Macs.

We have to consider the additional time and money we will have to spend if we expand the compatibility. Is it great? Yes. Is it sustainable? Not really. But don’t lose hope; when the time comes, it may become available for Linux in the future.

"For now I would be lying down undisturbed; I would be sleeping and at rest."  Job 3:13

I'm still wishing for a concordance to be added.

For example - how many tmes is the word "love" used in the Bible:

Love.thumb.JPG.2436304ff1a01e14d786eb3b2ae52398.JPG

Ahh, 282 times AND I can see every verse where that is. I didn't remember the words "lover" and "lovers" was used - interesting. Where is that? ... click ... cool.

I miss that!

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

On 7/16/2024 at 7:51 PM, jwhess said:

Are they the same for all devices and all operating systems?  Our brothers have to code to cover a lot of ground.

You can read more about it here. I'd be surprised if the coding brothers have never heard of Visual Studio Code: https://code.visualstudio.com/

I don't know the answer to your question, since I have done very little coding. A little HTML and CSS. I just think the colours vscode have picked, works so well. Very easy on the eyes.

Matthew 6:22 - The lamp of the body is the eye. If, then, your eye is clear*, your whole body will be full of light*. 

(*footnote)

25 minutes ago, trottigy said:

I'm still wishing for a concordance to be added.

For example - how many tmes is the word "love" used in the Bible:

Love.thumb.JPG.2436304ff1a01e14d786eb3b2ae52398.JPG

Ahh, 282 times AND I can see every verse where that is. I didn't remember the words "lover" and "lovers" was used - interesting. Where is that? ... click ... cool.

I miss that!

The search bar in the Bible tab can help you. By searching a specific word and then ticking (or checking) the 'Match exact phrase' option, the number of occurrences appears on the other side of the screen.

See love for example:

Screenshot_20240718_040705_JWLibrary.jpg.459cefacc95acf4eeca75d5de602c857.jpg

Edited by Hava Saber

Grammatical errors

18 minutes ago, Tronora said:

You can read more about it here. I'd be surprised if the coding brothers have never heard of Visual Studio Code: https://code.visualstudio.com/

I don't know the answer to your question, since I have done very little coding. A little HTML and CSS. I just think the colours vscode have picked, works so well. Very easy on the eyes.

Rest assured. They do use VSCode ALL THE TIME. 😂😂

"For now I would be lying down undisturbed; I would be sleeping and at rest."  Job 3:13

6 minutes ago, gusdn1 said:

Rest assured. They do use VSCode ALL THE TIME. 😂😂

They may use Sublime, Vim, Notepad++, or other IDE other than VS Code. Who knows? But I suspected that they do use VS Code too... :lol2:

Edited by Hava Saber

On 7/14/2024 at 12:44 AM, htownmmm said:

It would be wonderful if there was one button to download all the videos from the Enjoy Life book. 

Downloading each video one by one is very time consuming. 

marty

I just tested this and there appears to be a bug.  Click on the 3 buttons several times, eventually the toolbar changes and a new button appears...the cloud where you can download all the media.  Tried several times, once it only took 1 click, the other times it took 3 clicks or more

image.thumb.png.a16525121d8c05533d499ef94f5f0e07.png

23 hours ago, howudodat said:

I just tested this and there appears to be a bug.  Click on the 3 buttons several times, eventually the toolbar changes and a new button appears...the cloud where you can download all the media.  Tried several times, once it only took 1 click, the other times it took 3 clicks or more

It seems like there's a problem on JWL where clicking certain buttons multiple times causes the toolbar to change unexpectedly, showing a new button. This could be due to how JWL handles clicks and events.

When you click a button, an event is triggered, and if the app isn't managing these events properly, it can cause weird issues like the one you're seeing.

So, the app might be accidentally creating extra events or not stopping old ones, leading to these unexpected changes in the toolbar.

They may try to fix that bug.

Wishlist that is now *hopefully* on our horizon.

• Publication Auto Updates
  • Syncing 
  • Upgraded Note Taking
  • JWLBSL Deprecation

Edited by gusdn1

On 7/17/2024 at 7:39 PM, howudodat said:

The reason is "Initialization." I am going to explain it simply but a bit detailed. 😁 (If that even makes sense)

Most of our publications contain media (audio and/or video); however, unlike Watchtower Library, the media is not included when you download the publication in JW Library. Because of this, we had to design the publication to always scan the publication media and check with the server whenever the user opens the publication. Hence, you will not see the "Download Media" button right away.

There are several factors why the "Download Media" button doesn't show up within less than 2 seconds (average). It may be due to a combination of:

• Internet connectivity,
  • Currently downloaded media,
  • Publication's file size,
  • Number of media files the publication has, and/or
  • Device's performance speed

Remember, it scans the media of the entire publication and checks if there are updates by checking with the server, and then loads all the media and perhaps displays that there is an update. If there is no internet connection, it will still need to scan the publication, but because there is no internet, it will skip checking the server and proceed to load the media.

You can compare the speed at which the "Download Media" button shows up by opening the Enjoy Life Forever—Brochure (lffi) and Enjoy Life Forever—Book (lff).

And unfortunately, this is not a bug. It is indeed designed this way. The "Download Media" button is controlled by different conditions unlike the rest of the buttons. So, it won't show up right away. However, refinements can be made in the future.

The only exception to this is the "Sing Out Joyfully" songbook. It was at first designed just like the other publications, but it was eventually removed, which is a bummer because now we have to download the media manually one by one instead of just one button and everything is downloaded.

I understand the frustration when the "Download Media" button does not show up. You are not alone; several brothers and sisters have come up to me asking the same thing.

I hope this now clarifies for everyone how the "Download Media" button works.

Edited by gusdn1

27 minutes ago, gusdn1 said:

The reason is "Initialization." I am going to explain it simply but a bit detailed. 😁 (If that even makes sense)

Most of our publications contain media (audio and/or video); however, unlike Watchtower Library, the media is not included when you download the publication in JW Library. Because of this, we had to design the publication to always scan the publication media and check with the server whenever the user opens the publication. Hence, you will not see the "Download Media" button right away.

There are several factors why the "Download Media" button doesn't show up within less than 2 seconds (average). It may be due to a combination of:

• Internet connectivity,
  • Currently downloaded media,
  • Publication's file size,
  • Number of media files the publication has, and/or
  • Device's performance speed

Remember, it scans the media of the entire publication and checks if there are updates by checking with the server, and then loads all the media and perhaps displays that there is an update. If there is no internet connection, it will still need to scan the publication, but because there is no internet, it will skip checking the server and proceed to load the media.

You can compare the speed at which the "Download Media" button shows up by opening the Enjoy Life Forever—Brochure (lffi) and Enjoy Life Forever—Book (lff).

And unfortunately, this is not a bug. It is indeed designed this way. The "Download Media" button is controlled by different conditions unlike the rest of the buttons. So, it won't show up right away. However, refinements can be made in the future.

The only exception to this is the "Sing Out Joyfully" songbook. It was at first designed just like the other publications, but it was eventually removed, which is a bummer because now we have to download the media manually one by one instead of just one button and everything is downloaded.

I understand the frustration when the "Download Media" button does not show up. You are not alone; several brothers and sisters have come up to me asking the same thing.

I hope this now clarifies for everyone how the "Download Media" button works.

I forgot to add in the bullet points list:

• Publication's media file types

Publications that have videos usually loads a bit slower compared to those audio-only publications.

Edited by gusdn1