JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Earthquakes In One Place After Another...

55 earthquakes in 24 hour period

Screenshot_20200110-092303o.jpg

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

My circuit overseer and his wife were born in Puerto Rico.

He told me that during yesterday's morning worship, at the Puerto Rican bethel branch, it was announced that because of the earthquakes 217 brothers have lost their homes.

16 homes have minor damages, 13 have major damages and 4 have been destroyed.

8 branch facilities have suffered some damages and 1 facility has suffered major damage.

LDC and circuit overseers are helping the brothers.

1 hour ago, luisenriquereyes said:

My circuit overseer and his wife were born in Puerto Rico.

He told me that during yesterday's morning worship, at the Puerto Rican bethel branch, it was announced that because of the earthquakes 217 brothers have lost their homes.

16 homes have minor damages, 13 have major damages and 4 have been destroyed.

8 branch facilities have suffered some damages and 1 facility has suffered major damage.

LDC and circuit overseers are helping the brothers.

I heard the same information yesterday but I didn't have a chance to write it down. Thank you for providing the details. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Yes, it has been quite a week here.

We received this weekend a very loving video from the US branch. They tell us that they were getting information everyday about our situation. The touching part: when the brother (Br. Fernandez) open his arms and say: “We love you, brothers”.

A DRC was formed to coordinate and attend to all brothers affected on the south part of the island, which is the area with more damaged.

Here at the north part, we still feel the aftershocks almost everyday (not so strong as in the south), but that creates more tension that adds to the current high level of tension we live.

But it has given us a great opportunity to talk to people in service, and using scriptures as Psalm 46:1, 2 and Proverbs 12:25 (which were mentioned in the video) we are giving people calm, which is something they need, and they thanks us for doing it so.

We're praying for our brothers affected in the south, and we're ready to answer any call to go to help there. And we know that there are brothers waiting to come here to the island and help.

Sent from my REVVLRY using Tapatalk

That's a lot of earth quakes!!!    😮

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/01/10/puerto-rico-earthquake-swarm-tectonic-plates/4420857002/

According to the U.S. Geological Survey, there have been more than 950 earthquakes and aftershocks recorded on Puerto Rico since Dec. 31, though many were weak and could not be felt. More than 500, however, have been of magnitude 2 or higher. 

The worst quake – a magnitude 6.4 that struck early Tuesday (7 January 2020) – killed at least one person, injured at least nine and caused the power outage.

I thought the figure of 950 is for the year 2019. Turns out it was just a period of less than 2 weeks. Must be terrifying for the people in the southern part of Puerto Rico. I myself have felt the earth shaking under my feet while holidaying in Brestagi, Indonesia. So sad for the people affected. No peace of mind.

e3d8aa7b-e24f-47bf-b92d-ecf91253308d-011020-puerto-rico-quakes_Online.png

May Jehovah watch over his people in Puerto Rico.

6 minutes ago, M'Awan said:

That's a lot of earth quakes!!!    😮

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/01/10/puerto-rico-earthquake-swarm-tectonic-plates/4420857002/

I thought the figure of 950 is for the year 2019. Turns out it was just a period of less than 2 weeks. Must be terrifying for the people in the southern part of Puerto Rico. I myself have felt the earth shaking under my feet while holidaying in Brestagi, Indonesia. So sad for the people affected. No peace of mind.

e3d8aa7b-e24f-47bf-b92d-ecf91253308d-011020-puerto-rico-quakes_Online.png

May Jehovah watch over his people in Puerto Rico.

Is it just me or has the world gone bonkers for the start of 2020 with natural disasters - earthquakes for Puerto Rico and Volcano in the Philippines?

“This type of disaster is not common in Puerto Rico, so these earthquakes have been a source of anxiety for our brothers and sisters...”

In some areas of the world, earthquakes are common and so are almost expected. But when they are not common, as the report on jw.org says, the effect can be a lot more devastating. This kind of earthquake fits more what Jesus said: "there will be earthquakes in one place after another," including places where they're not seen so often. It's part of the sign...

9 hours ago, Sheep said:

In some areas of the world, earthquakes are common and so are almost expected. But when they are not common, as the report on jw.org says, the effect can be a lot more devastating. This kind of earthquake fits more what Jesus said: "there will be earthquakes in one place after another," including places where they're not seen so often. It's part of the sign...

Whole lot of shaking going on for sure

01B27276-3AA9-4C24-8C39-111B619F2150.jpeg

Edited by Zephyr

Most of those supplies are probably outdated and not any good. ☹️. I can imagine how all this time many were thinking they were not getting much help at all and than they find this. Definitely can tell Satan is in control. 

This made me think about the broadcast (Br. Lett’s part) this month. How amazingly different (naturally, and far from surprising) than Satan’s world. Not only providing much needed supplies, but making absolutely sure the friends actually receive what they need. Not just dropping supplies off and letting the friends fend for themselves. 

These disasters bring friends from all over the world to make sure, physically, emotionally, and above all giving spiritual comfort to our friends…everything they need.

While Satan’s world is based on greed and selfishness (what happened in Puerto Rico…not surprising), Jehovah’s organization is based on love and unity. 

What was it? Some 50-60 of our brothers have lost their lives in the past couple years? 💔  Thank you Jehovah for the hope that you have given us. ♥️

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

5 hours ago, Bluebell said:

At least 18 people have died after a 6.8 magnitude earthquake struck Turkey, levelling buildings across the east of the country. More than 500 people were injured and some 30 people were trapped under rubble, Turkish officials said, as rescue teams were dispatched.

This is what comes up when you Google this quake.  :(

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif