JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Earthquakes In One Place After Another...

HAWII

AN EARTHQUAKE HAS OCCURRED WITH THESE PRELIMINARY PARAMETERS

ORIGIN TIME - 1149 AM HST 10 OCT 2021
   COORDINATES - 18.8 NORTH  155.5 WEST
   LOCATION    - OFF THE KAU COAST OF THE BIG ISLAND
   MAGNITUDE   - 6.1

EVALUATION

NO TSUNAMI IS EXPECTED. REPEAT. NO TSUNAMI IS EXPECTED.
 HOWEVER...MANY AREAS MAY HAVE EXPERIENCED STRONG SHAKING.

THIS WILL BE THE ONLY STATEMENT ISSUED FOR THIS EVENT UNLESS
ADDITIONAL DATA ARE RECEIVED.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 minute ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Screenshot_20211010_194639.thumb.jpg.5d7a53d94d151604021c524cde092920.jpg

Screenshot_20211010_194530.thumb.jpg.7c7857fb259fd3c601e5ba627806c1f5.jpg

Still hasn't been downgraded.

Ok

thank you for correcting 🤗

my source is nooa tsunami pacific warning center 🤷‍♀️
hopefully no major damage…🙄

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

8 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Ok

thank you for correcting 🤗

my source is nooa tsunami pacific warning center 🤷‍♀️
hopefully no major damage…🙄

I wasn't correcting you.  I use dark mode and your post looks like this on my phone:

Screenshot_20211010_200221.thumb.jpg.c6c39ebaea870929cb9f692c7d6341a1.jpg

Nothing but black.  On my desktop, I can usually highlight and see if something appears.  But all I could see on my phone were one or two words and then...nothing. :D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

50 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

I wasn't correcting you.  I use dark mode and your post looks like this on my phone:

Screenshot_20211010_200221.thumb.jpg.c6c39ebaea870929cb9f692c7d6341a1.jpg

Nothing but black.  On my desktop, I can usually highlight and see if something appears.  But all I could see on my phone were one or two words and then...nothing. :D

😮 oooh

there s nothing wrong about correcting 😉

here I see all white 😁

following cumbre vieja volcano with attention…

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Sofia said:

It was announced today in La Palma that earthquakes around 6 are expected soon due to cumbre vieja volcano activity 

😱

61C0661C-15FB-47E1-B877-38812D1C5C9F.jpeg

If that happens we may feel them here in Portugal 🙄

we are less than 1000km away….

I read that La Palma had 35,000 recorded earthquakes in the last month. There seems to be no end to the volcanic activity there! I feel so bad for everyone. When you live on an island, where do you flee to?

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

6 hours ago, shali said:

I read that La Palma had 35,000 recorded earthquakes in the last month. There seems to be no end to the volcanic activity there! I feel so bad for everyone. When you live on an island, where do you flee to?

They don’t have another place to live

last big one was last night 

5 Richter scale. Grade 6 are expected 

On 10/24/2021 at 11:57 AM, shali said:

La Palma had 35,000 recorded earthquakes in the last month

https://en.as.com/en/2021/10/25/latest_news/1635154067_410203.html

Volcano enters sixth week of activity on Sunday, having begun on 19 September

- 7000 people have had to evacuate their homes in La Palma

Spoiler

- More than 80 earthquakes recorded on Monday morning

- 5.0 magnitude earthquake recorded on Saturday, the highest since the eruption began.

- Lava flow now covers surface area of 892 hectares according to Copernicus radar imaging, with over 2,200 buildings destroyed

- Over 35,000 earthquakes and tremors recorded in La Palma over the past month

- Cumbre Vieja eruption the "most significant since 1585", according to Copernicus

- No short or medium term end to eruption claim experts, as more La Palma residents forced to evacuate

A big threat debunked: https://www.usgs.gov/center-news/volcano-watch-canary-islands-mega-tsunami-hypothesis-and-why-it-doesn-t-carry-water?utm_source=hootsuite&utm_medium=facebook&utm_term=39de6f76-cb81-488d-89eb-041a9c858a5d&utm_content=usgs+volcanoes&utm_campaign=nh-volcanoes-fy22

Release Date: OCTOBER 21, 2021

The recent eruption on La Palma, in the Canary Islands, has stimulated speculation that the volcano might collapse, creating a tsunami that would devastate the east coast of North and South America. But is such a scenario possible or likely?

Edited by Sofia

...new simulations suggest that the maximum wave height along the east coast of the Americas from a “worst-case scenario” collapse of La Palma would be on the order of 1-2 m (3-7 feet)—still hazardous, but similar to common storm surge.

Whew!   A 3-7 foot tsunami sounds a lot better than a 75-95 foot tsunami. :D 

Hoping that NEITHER scenarios occur.  I'm also hoping that, if that chunk of La Palma does break off--and slide thousands of feet down that steep, underwater, coastal shelf--that the 2021 scientific study proves to be more accurate than the 2001 scientific study.  👍

Edited by Friends just call me Ross

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

• 2 weeks later...