JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Earthquakes In One Place After Another...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/73-magnitude-quake-strikes-indonesia-tsunami-possible/ar-AARMU9I?ocid=mailsignout&li=BBr8Hnu

Among Indonesia's string of deadly quakes was a devastating 2004    9.1-magnitude tremor that struck off the coast of Sumatra and triggered a tsunami that killed 220,000 throughout the region, including about 170,000 in Indonesia.

The Boxing Day disaster was one of the deadliest natural disasters in recorded history.

Spoiler

Edited by happiness IS

• 2 weeks later...

Updated: January 03, 2022 6:14 pm IST

6.2 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Taiwan, Tremors Felt In Capital City

Earthquake In Taiwan: The 6.0-magnitude earthquake struck off the coast of eastern Taiwan with shaking felt in the capital Taipei.

Earthquake In Taiwan: 6.0-magnitude earthquake struck off coast of eastern Taiwan.

Taipei: A strong earthquake struck off the coast of eastern Taiwan on Monday evening with shaking felt in the capital Taipei, but authorities said there were no immediate reports of widespread damage or injuries.

The United States Geological Survey (USGS) said the quake measured 6.2 in magnitude and hit at a depth of 28 kilometers (17 miles).

The epicenter was given in the sea 64 kilometers east of the coastal city of Hualien.

Taiwan's fire service said initial impact reports were limited to a handful of people stuck in elevators who had since been rescued.

No major property destruction was reported.

An AFP reporter in Taipei said buildings swayed violently when the tremor struck during the rush hour commute at 5:46 pm (0946 GMT). "The shaking lasted for a good 20 seconds with the ground moving left and right," the reporter said.

Taipei's MRT subway system kept running after the quake.

Morgan Everett, an American who has lived in Taiwan for 13 years, said the quake was "one of the stronger ones I've felt" during her time there. "My two teen sons were in our building elevator coming home from school, which was a bit scary," she told AFP. "They could feel quite strong shaking and hear the cables creaking. Thankfully the elevator operated normally and they were able to exit."

Taiwan is regularly hit by earthquakes as the island lies near the junction of two tectonic plates.

Some earthquakes of this magnitude can prove deadly, although much depends on where the quake strikes and at what depth.

A 6.5-magnitude quake struck northeastern Yilan in October with minimal damage.

Hualien, a scenic tourist hotspot, was struck by a 6.4-magnitude earthquake in 2018 that killed 17 people and injured nearly 300.

In September 1999, a 7.6-magnitude quake killed around 2,400 people in the deadliest natural disaster in the island's history.

Chen Kuo-chang, head of the central weather bureau's seismological centre, said Taiwan experiences an average 2.5 quakes a year that are magnitude 6.0 or higher.

However last year Taiwan saw five quakes over 6.0.

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/earthquake-news-earthquake-news-today-earthquake-in-taiwan-6-0-magnitude-earthquake-hits-taiwan-tremors-felt-in-capital-city-taipei-2685998

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

3 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

There's been a lot of 6.0+ seismic activity in the past seven days.  

Three 6.0+ quakes have already struck today.

Screenshot_20220111_092125.thumb.jpg.bd54704abd9a9b1ddb6f479735991cb4.jpg

Jehovah is shaking the Earth

hab. 3:6 🙄🙄🙄

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

6 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

There's been a lot of 6.0+ seismic activity in the past seven days.  

Three 6.0+ quakes have already struck today.

Jehovah is shaking the Earth

hab. 3:6 🙄🙄🙄

F6612996-EAD5-48A9-8C53-DC414D3B2AEC.jpeg

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

55 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

It came from Tonga

Tsunami hits Tonga after giant volcano eruption https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-60007119

I ve seen the videos, scary :o:o 

ZCZC
WEHW40 PHEB 151151
TSUHWX

HIZ001-003-006>007-009-016>018-023-026-029>035-037>050-051>054-
151351-
/O.CON.PHEB.TS.Y.0000.000000T0000Z-000000T0000Z/

TSUNAMI MESSAGE NUMBER   3
NWS PACIFIC TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER HONOLULU HI
151 AM HST SAT JAN 15 2022

TO - EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT IN THE STATE OF HAWAII

SUBJECT - TSUNAMI ADVISORY SUPPLEMENT

A TSUNAMI ADVISORY CONTINUES IN EFFECT FOR THE STATE OF HAWAII.

A VOLCANIC ERUPTION OCCURRED WITH THESE PRELIMINARY PARAMETERS

ORIGIN TIME - 0627 PM HST 14 JAN 2022
   COORDINATES - 20.5 SOUTH  175.4 WEST
   LOCATION    - TONGA

MEASUREMENTS OR REPORTS OF TSUNAMI WAVE ACTIVITY

GAUGE LOCATION        LAT   LON    TIME        AMPL         PER
 -------------------  ----- ------  -----  ---------------  -----
 KAHULUI MAUI         20.9N 156.5W  1136Z   0.24M /  0.8FT  34MIN
 HONOLULU OAHU        21.3N 157.9W  1112Z   0.12M /  0.4FT  14MIN
 KAWAIHAE HAWAII      20.0N 155.8W  1132Z   0.37M /  1.2FT  10MIN
 BARBERS PT HI        21.3N 158.1W  1135Z   0.19M /  0.6FT  04MIN
 MAKAI PIER WAIMANAL  21.3N 157.7W  1128Z   0.28M /  0.9FT  10MIN
 HILO HAWAII          19.7N 155.1W  0929Z   0.10M /  0.3FT  16MIN
 NAWILIWILI KAUAI     22.0N 159.4W  1057Z   0.31M /  1.0FT  12MIN

LAT  - LATITUDE (N-NORTH, S-SOUTH)
 LON  - LONGITUDE (E-EAST, W-WEST)
 TIME - TIME OF THE MEASUREMENT (Z IS UTC IS GREENWICH TIME)
 AMPL - TSUNAMI AMPLITUDE MEASURED RELATIVE TO NORMAL SEA LEVEL.
        IT IS ...NOT... CREST-TO-TROUGH WAVE HEIGHT.
        VALUES ARE GIVEN IN BOTH METERS(M) AND FEET(FT).
 PER  - PERIOD OF TIME IN MINUTES(MIN) FROM ONE WAVE TO THE NEXT.

NOTE - DART MEASUREMENTS ARE FROM THE DEEP OCEAN AND THEY
        ARE GENERALLY MUCH SMALLER THAN WOULD BE COASTAL
         MEASUREMENTS AT SIMILAR LOCATIONS.

EVALUATION

TSUNAMI WAVES THAT CAN BE A HAZARD TO SWIMMERS AND BOATERS AS
 WELL AS TO PERSONS NEAR THE SHORE AT BEACHES AND IN HARBORS AND
 MARINAS ARE NOW AFFECTING THE STATE OF HAWAII. THIS HAZARD COULD
 CONTINUE FOR SEVERAL HOURS. THE SITUATION IS BEING MONITORED
 CLOSELY AND THE ADVISORY WILL END WHEN THE HAZARD HAS PASSED.

FURTHER MESSAGES WILL BE ISSUED HOURLY OR SOONER AS CONDITIONS
WARRANT UNTIL THE THREAT TO HAWAII HAS PASSED.

$$

NNNN

San Francisco just received a Tsunami warning due to the earthquake in Tonga. They don't expect anything catastrophic, just strong wave activity.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

5 minutes ago, Sofia said:

They don't expect any flooding.

Tsunami Advisory: Residential and business flooding not expected. Strong currents off coast for many hours. Stay out of the water & away from beaches all day.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

7 hours ago, Sofia said:

Watch the satélite vídeo of the eruption! Left down corner 

I visited spaceweathernews.com and noticed an interesting coincidence. Around the time of underwater eruption, there was a geomagnetic storm around same time.

http://services.swpc.noaa.gov/images/planetary-k-index.gif

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

They don't expect any flooding.

Tsunami Advisory: Residential and business flooding not expected. Strong currents off coast for many hours. Stay out of the water & away from beaches all day.

There’s flooding in Santa Cruz and some cars at the bay are being carried by water. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

35 minutes ago, AH173 said:

I visited spaceweathernews.com and noticed an interesting coincidence. Around the time of underwater eruption, there was a geomagnetic storm around same time.

http://services.swpc.noaa.gov/images/planetary-k-index.gif

And a giant meteor fell into Brazil as well 

have you seen that?

stunning!

11 minutes ago, Sofia said:

And a giant meteor fell into Brazil as well 

have you seen that?

stunning!

If you have a link for that, I would like to see it.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible