JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Earthquakes In One Place After Another...

Looks like a 6.7 occurred a few hours ago. 

Screenshot_20221020-103925_kindlephoto-2472194410.png

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

• 2 weeks later...

Woke up to find these disturbing reports on my tablet:

Screenshot_20221109_082714.jpg.fb7a9e6c096b1b78738ff2853507c681.jpg

As you can tell by the lack of reports, these quakes did not occur in heavily populated places.

What makes them so disturbing is their depths.  Large DEEP quakes can cause even larger, shallower quakes.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Looks like a big one happened within 2 hours ago. 

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/11/world/tonga-earthquake-tsunami-warning-intl/index.html

Screenshot_20221111-102750_kindlephoto-4070711176.png

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

A very large, very deep earthquake has struck in the same Tonga/Fiji region.  

Screenshot_20221112_081828.thumb.jpg.1ec51ed33e0cce5f3fb49ab9324af4db.jpg

Screenshot_20221112_082106.thumb.jpg.e0cced9068623537a62bc5667449d0f7.jpg

Again, because it occurred in a sparsely populated area, there were few 'felt' reports.  But, at a depth of nearly six hundred miles, this quake is definitely capable of producing even larger, shallower quakes. :(

As Dutch always urges, "Don't be scared.  Be prepared." 

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

An earthquake has struck the main Indonesian island of Java, leaving more than 40 people dead and hundreds injured, say local officials.

The 5.6 magnitude quake struck Cianjur town in West Java, at a shallow depth of 10km (6 miles), according to US Geological Survey data.

The tremor could be felt in the capital Jakarta about 100km away, where people in high-rise buildings were evacuated.

Officials warn of possible aftershocks and say the death toll could rise.

The area where the quake struck is densely populated and prone to landslides, with poorly-built houses.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-63700629

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

10 hours ago, AH173 said:

My post was an early report, within about an hour of the earthquake itself.  The numbers have certainly risen dramatically since then.

Edited by GeordieGirl

3 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

That was a biggie, but the tsunami warning has now been cancelled, thank goodness.

Amid immediate warnings of a tsunami, the prime minister's office advised locals to move to higher ground.

However, the islands' meteorological service later dropped the warning.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-63712458

Looks like 6. 2 occurred about an hour ago in Mexico. 

6-2 Mexico .jpg

On 11/21/2022 at 7:37 PM, GeordieGirl said:

An earthquake has struck the main Indonesian island of Java, leaving more than 40 people dead and hundreds injured, say local officials.

The 5.6 magnitude quake struck Cianjur town in West Java, at a shallow depth of 10km (6 miles), according to US Geological Survey data.

The tremor could be felt in the capital Jakarta about 100km away, where people in high-rise buildings were evacuated.

Officials warn of possible aftershocks and say the death toll could rise.

The area where the quake struck is densely populated and prone to landslides, with poorly-built houses.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-63700629

140 aftershocks with 268 now dead but 150 still missing.  Landslides and bad weather is making things a lot worse and hampering rescue efforts.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-63725449

9 hours ago, AH173 said:

Last night talking with my wife about the earthquakes near Indonesia and Solomon Islands, we had thought there was one also in Turkey. However, there wasn't anything on the news about Turkey other than them attacking the Kurds near the Syrian border. This earthquake may have just happened as we were talking about Turkey. :scared:

I don't follow this thread closely - so forgive me if I'm saying something you all know.

I was reading a story which states:  "The big quakes are happening so rapidly now that it really is difficult to keep up with them all"

And it adds:  "Meanwhile, large herds of animals are suddenly endlessly walking in circles all over the globe.  Why would so many herds of animals exhibit such unusual behavior all at the same time?  Can they sense that something big is coming"?

So, not fostering any supernatural conspiracy ideas , but what should we think about these animals unusual behavior?  We know that animals (wild and domestic) sense tremors and earthquakes before humans can.  They also sense a heart attack or epileptic seizure before the victim does.  Is it plausible that animals behavior can predict an earthquake?  I would think that science would have documented that by now, if true.  On the other hand , we know the demons can possess animals .  "Send us into the swine , so that we may enter into them"  Mark 5:12.  All 2,000 of them stampede over the cliff and drown in the sea below.

For what it's worth, TikTok@sharonmcneely has video of cattle going around in a counter-clockwise circle , and sheep going around in a clockwise circle.  Apparently the sheep kept this up for 12 days?  Don't know where the animals were filmed.  Which hemisphere.  Don't know if any earthquakes followed.

I think I've answered my own question;  These animals are not an early predictor of an earthquake.  But it would be interesting to hear what others think.

1 hour ago, Doug said:

But it would be interesting to hear what others think.

Just before the Boxing Day tsunami hit the Indonesian and Indian/Sri Lankan coastlines, it was reported that the several types of animals headed for high ground way before the devastation happened.

Animals do have some ability in knowing something is going on. We usually watch the cattle in the neighbouring paddocks, as well as the birds to know whether we are going to have a hail storm or a very bad electrical storm before it happens. Even horses can forecast whether we are going to have a big rain period. Ants and some other insects also are a great predictor of local events.

Some indigenous peoples can also tell by looking at their local animals and even flora to see if there is something about to happen, as they are more attuned to their environment. But at the moment, due to the weather being so haphazard, even those in the know (including animals) are somewhat confused.

No wonder that Jehovah when he was speaking to Job to look and observe the animals. He knows, as he created them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2022 at 7:51 AM, geordie lost in Europe said:

Here is a report on how this quake affected our brothers and sisters:

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/indonesia/Earthquake-Rocks-Indonesia/

1 hour ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Here is a report on how this quake affected our brothers and sisters:

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/indonesia/Earthquake-Rocks-Indonesia/

This is very forward-thinking and pro-active of the organisation:

"Arrangements were made for the elderly to have a publisher available to assist them in the event of another earthquake"

The after-shocks can do so much damage too.

Another one in Indonesia today - the third in less than two weeks!!

A 6.2-magnitude earthquake has rattled Indonesia's Bali and Java islands .... 

The quake occurred off the southern coast of East Java province, at a depth of 10 kilometres and 305 kilometres southwest of Denpasar, Bali, the agency said, adding that it was not expected to trigger a tsunami.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/natural-disasters/magnitude-62-earthquake-strikes-indonesia-c-9078324?utm_source=sendgrid&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=perthnow_update_2022-12-06&utm_campaign=sendgrid+wan_newsletter&utm_source=sendgrid&utm_medium=email

Edited by GeordieGirl