JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Earthquakes In One Place After Another...

https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-news/turkey-earthquake-latest-020623/index.html

More than 1,200 people have been killed and thousands more injured after a powerful magnitude 7.8 earthquake struck Turkey and Syria early on Monday.

The quake, one of the strongest to hit the region in more than 100 years, struck 23 kilometers (14.2 miles) east of Nurdagi, in Turkey's Gaziantep province, at a depth of 24.1 kilometers, the US Geological Survey said.

57 minutes ago, Thomas Walker said:

Last update says 1300 killed

The UK's Guardian is now reporting that 1,459 are confirmed dead

Official figures from Turkey say 912 people were killed there, 5,383 were injured, and 2,818 buildings had collapsed. Syria’s health ministry said that more than 326 people had been killed and 1,042 injured.

In addition to those figures, rescue services in the north-west of Syria in areas not controlled by the government put their death toll at 221, giving a total of 1,459 confirmed dead.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2023/feb/06/turkey-earthquake-2023-live-updates-quake-tremor-latest-news?page=with:block-63e0ea318f08ba2ef0b71ffa#block-63e0ea318f08ba2ef0b71ffa

Reuters is now reporting that the official death toll in Turkey has risen by 102 to stand at 1,014 people killed.

Edited by Parale

Matthew 24:7

“For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another.

Luke 21:11

There will be great earthquakes, and in one place after another food shortages and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and from heaven great signs

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2023/2/6/many-dead-as-powerful-quake-shakes-turkey-syria  😔

Turkey-Syria earthquake live: 1,600 dead; 2nd major quake hits

Tremors from the powerful magnitude 7.8 earthquake in Turkey were felt as far away as Greenland, the Geological Survey of Denmark and Greenland said.

( this is my  last post on this, as the count is sure to go up )

I just spent the morning informal witnessing about the earthquake. Once at the gym, then while shopping at a little grocery stand run by an older Turkish man. He had the news on while texting his doctor on the phone. He was anguished and told me it happened in his hometown where there are apparently a lot of older buildings and rich people. He knew I was a witness as a sister from the German congregation goes there regularly as many from the local congregation.  She and I were out in service on Friday, when I found some kale leaves so quickly went in to his store.

Today he told me in German „you are that Jehova“. I listened as he was getting emotional about the earthquake, empathized with him. Then later I brought up Rev.21:3,4 on my phone in Turkish. He then began discussing religion, his experience inviting over 4 Catholic priests dressed in garb to his place, his disappointment with religion, including giving up his Muslim beliefs, and talked about the abuse of religion. He found it horrible that young girls were being forced to marry in the name of religion, pedophiles being allowed in the church and forbidding to marry, and world catastrophes. It was a good conversation but then he slowly continued getting customer after customer. So I told him to take a picture on his phone of Rev.11:18 and take note of the end. I had a huge box of kale to take with me, so I forgot to leave him a contact card, but will go by again. Nice that he calls his customers by name. So even though this wasn’t my service day, I got in a good hour of informal witnessing. 🙏

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

Just now, GeordieGirl said:

Um segundo terremoto de 7,5 ocorreu às 10h30 GMT, que ocorreu em uma linha de falha diferente. 

Mais de 1.900 mortos agora na Turquia e na Síria. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/64533954

Here they are already reporting more than 2 thousand dead 😢

The CNN crawl of info at the bottom of the screen says that it could be up to tens of thousands of potentially dead ones. 

So sad. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

4 minutes ago, AH173 said:

The CNN crawl of info at the bottom of the screen says that it could be up to tens of thousands of potentially dead ones. 

So sad. 

Praying!! Praying!! Please be safe dear brothers and sisters!

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Just now, Sofia said:

Praying!! Praying!! Please be safe dear brothers and sisters!

Indeed, more prayers. 

Also I just heard what I seen repeated earlier on the audio simulcast on xm radio. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

USA getting shook, too:

A magnitude 3.8 earthquake that rattled western New York on Monday is the strongest to hit the state since 2002.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

We have friends in Turkey but we heard this morning they were not affected by the earthquake. Turkey is nearly twice the size of California, its a big place.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D