JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Earthquakes In One Place After Another...

And also today in China, a 5.4 at 2 am this morning,nwith people hurt and damage to houses.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-08-06/china-s-economic-losses-from-natural-disasters-surge-to-billions/102694968

“Twenty-one people were injured and 126 buildings collapsed after an earthquake of magnitude 5.5 struck the eastern Chinese province of Shandong on Sunday, state broadcaster CCTV reported.

The earthquake, 10km deep, jolted Pingyuan County of Dezhou City at 02:33am local time”

• 1 month later...

Morocco earthquake - over 600 now.  

The epicentre of the earthquake was in the High Atlas Mountains, 71km (44 miles) south-west of Marrakesh.

Tremors were also said to have been felt in the capital Rabat, some 350km away, as well as in the cities of Casablanca and Essaouira.

The quake was also felt in neighbouring Algeria, but officials said it had not caused any damage or casualties.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-africa-66760889

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

1 hour ago, GeordieGirl said:

Terremoto em Marrocos - mais de 600 agora.  

O epicentro do terremoto foi nas montanhas do Alto Atlas, 71 km (44 milhas) a sudoeste de Marraquexe.

Os tremores também teriam sido sentidos na capital Rabat, a cerca de 350 km de distância, bem como nas cidades de Casablanca e Essaouira.

O terremoto também foi sentido na vizinha Argélia, mas as autoridades disseram que não causou quaisquer danos ou vítimas.

Now over 800 

A family in our congregation is on vacation (holiday) in Morocco. I received a text from them and they are safe...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

This is bad! 😢

https://abcnews.go.com/International/live-updates/morocco-earthquake/?id=103047032

A rare and powerful 6.8-magnitude earthquake struck Morocco late Friday night and killed at least 1,305 people in the country's strongest quake in more than a century, according to Morocco’s Interior Ministry.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

7 hours ago, Bluebell said:

More than 1,000 people have died after a powerful earthquake struck central Morocco

Its over 2000 now...😳😟

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 4 weeks later...

Japan’s Izu Islands under tsunami advisory after 6.6 quake. These islands are in the Tokyo prefecture but quite a distance from Tokyo. 
https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20231005_19/

And in checking my app, it seems there has been a lot of shaking Southeast of Honshu, Japan. At least 10 magnitude 5 and over quakes in the last 15 hours, and more still occurring!

Edited by hatcheckgirl

Another 6.3 quake

https://news.yahoo.com/afghanistan-earthquake-least-14-killed-113312743.html

The 6.3 magnitude quake struck about 40km from the western city of Herat on Saturday morning.

Today I counted 34 quakes, today alone!! A few were 6.8 so no baby quakes.

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

So many tsunami warnings off the Eastern Honshu coast and islands with a 60 cm tsunami hitting an outlying island.

IMG_297C924C4D2B-1.thumb.jpeg.e022c9639936411ab3eceaabb3e939ea.jpeg

“The Japan Meteorological Agency has issued tsunami advisories for the Izu Islands, Ogasawara Islands, Kochi Prefecture and Chiba Prefecture after a quake on Monday morning.

A tsunami of up to 60 centimeters was observed on Hachijojima Island at 7:17 a.m.

Lower waves have also been recorded in wide areas.

Officials are warning that tsunami could hit the areas repeatedly. They are calling on people there to stay away from shores.”

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20231009_09/

I counted 9 5.0M and above earthquakes in this area in the last 3 hrs 😳

IMG_9848.thumb.png.7cf2734f7e292ff4a86012ea914e992b.png

Edited by hatcheckgirl

According to my Volcanoes & Earthquakes app...

There have been eleven very large earthquakes ( 6.0 or higher worldwide )

in just this past week.

There have been seventy-one large quakes ( 5.0 or higher worldwide )

in just this past week.

Michael Janitch/Dutchsinse says we are currently experiencing an earthquake 'swarm'.

I believe it! 😖

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I believe another large earthquake happened in the same city in Afghanistan as a couple days ago. 
Not that anyone is paying much attention to them right now…🙄😔

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

I thought the same thing, Dawn. Thousands are killed, not much in the news. Taliban have asked for international aid (I think), but with their rhetoric on attacking Israel atm, I doubt Western countries can be seen to be helping. And in the meantime, those poor people 😔

I met an Afghani man while on the carts on Tuesday, and asked about the quake, and if his family were affected. Thankfully his family lives in Tehran and are all ok. But I was able to show him the Kingdom WT in Persian on jw.org. He was very interested, and I sent him the link by phone so he could continue reading later. The main article this week on the website was about Good Mental Health, which he also read.

This is how Jehovah comforts these meek ones, in lands far away from their homeland. 

12 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

I thought the same thing, Dawn. Thousands are killed, not much in the news. Taliban have asked for international aid (I think), but with their rhetoric on attacking Israel atm, I doubt Western countries can be seen to be helping. And in the meantime, those poor people 😔

I met an Afghani man while on the carts on Tuesday, and asked about the quake, and if his family were affected. Thankfully his family lives in Tehran and are all ok. But I was able to show him the Kingdom WT in Persian on jw.org. He was very interested, and I sent him the link by phone so he could continue reading later. The main article this week on the website was about Good Mental Health, which he also read.

This is how Jehovah comforts these meek ones, in lands far away from their homeland. 

What a wonderful privilege to speak to someone with little knowledge of the good news!  It’s the little things that keep us going. 
I hope we get to hear more and more stories of the good news reaching parts of the world that have a difficult time hearing. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

6.2-magnitude earthquake jolts Taiwan

https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/world/2023/10/24/6-2-magnitude-earthquake-jolts-taiwan/

spacer.png

There have been an average of two to three earthquakes with a magnitude of six or above every year in Taiwan in the past 10 years. (AP pic)

TAIPEI: A 6.2-magnitude earthquake shook Taiwan today, according to the Central Weather Administration (CWA), reported the German news agency dpa.

Tuesday’s quake struck at 7.05am local time at a depth of 5.7km. The epicentre was about 120km east of Hualien in eastern Taiwan.

According to the CWA, people across the entire island of Taiwan felt the quake. The quake was felt most strongly in Yilan County, where it rated three on Taiwan’s seven-tier intensity scale.

Residents there received an earthquake alert on their mobile phones. Many residents were frightened and woke up. In the capital Taipei, residents were also woken up by the shaking.

There were no reports of serious injuries or damage.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

• 2 weeks later...

It's a lot of them and aftershocks. 

Edited by AH173

update

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Screenshot_20231108-123139_kindlephoto-1919339367.png

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

5 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

And super shallow.  Wonder if a volcano is about  to make an appearance?

Time will tell. 

From Wikipedia 

known volcanoes of Indonesia .jpg