JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Earthquakes In One Place After Another...

19 minutes ago, AH173 said:

If you have a link for that, I would like to see it.

https://www.cnnbrasil.com.br/nacional/meteoro-e-observado-no-ceu-do-interior-de-minas-gerais/ sorry in portuguese. nice video shots from survailence cameras that have captured the moment it zapped the atmosphere. No damage done fortunatly

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, BLEmom said:

There’s flooding in Santa Cruz and some cars at the bay are being carried by water. 

Santa Cruz, California, Fire Department Chief Rob Young explained why even smaller waves can quickly become a threat.

Young told CNN's Jessica Dean in an interview that the first initial 1- to 2-foot tsunami wave was at about 7:40 a.m. PT, which coincided with high tide, and then a larger wave occurred around 8:50 a.m.

"I was at our harbor, where our surge was approximately 7 feet. So before we have the wave come in to increase the level, it draws everything out of the harbor, and then it comes in. And so it was about a 7-foot increase inside of about 3 minutes, so it creates a strong current, and then damage occurred in the harbor to some of the docks," he said.

"When it comes, it comes quickly. That's the difference. Not just a 1-foot wave, but it comes in a surge because it draws all the water out first and then it comes in," he added.

Santa Cruz has closed its beaches for safety reasons.

"Even though they don't look like they're dangerous at the time, there's a reason for it," he said.

"Everybody that was walking up to us in between said, 'well, it's 1 to 2 feet, what's the big deal?' And then when they saw the high mark on these docks, they realized that's 6 feet higher than right now, and the swing happens that fast. So if you're out on a beach and you have a 6-foot increase in the water level inside of 3 minutes, you may be stuck in the water and not able to exit," he said.

ImageImage

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

This short video is called Agony of Mother Earth and depicts a few events of the last few weeks.  There is a video for just about everyday so far this year. 

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

As if these people aren't already dealing with enough.

At least 22 people have been killed so far after back-to-back earthquakes struck the west of Afghanistan on Monday, officials said.

According to data from the US Geological Society (USGS), the 4.9 and 5.3 magnitude quakes affected the north-west province of Badghis, where it caused house and building collapses.

A spokesman told AFP four children were among those found dead in the rubble.

More than 700 houses had been damaged.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-60034010

Today has been a busy day--earthquake wise

Screenshot_20220121_220859.jpg.ec1a532f66f9100b4bc31f201094332b.jpg

Two 6.0+ and seven 5.0+ 

Wonder if any of this activity is tied into the shockwave from that tremendous steam explosion that occurred when that volcano erupted the other day? :(

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

There was a 4.7 magnitude earthquake at 5.24am in Wagin this morning. This is part of the wheatbelt and sheep farming district about 200+kms SSE of Perth.

It is the largest of a swarm that has been felt in the area over the last couple of weeks, but Geoscience Australia is saying that it might not be the last. It was 8kms deep.

There were reports of it being felt in the metro area - but I didn't feel it.  I was still asleep. 😴 😁 

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/natural-disasters/wagin-rocked-by-earthquake-with-tremors-felt-as-far-away-as-perth--c-5433848

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/us7000gep9/region-info

Edited by GeordieGirl

On 1/20/2022 at 6:11 AM, RichardPNZ said:

News from Tonga via friends over there at the RTO. All the local congregation are ok. There may be some damage to a couple of homes. This is from a trusted source but please wait for on the official announcement.

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/tonga/Volcanic-Eruption-and-Tsunami-Devastate-Tonga/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Someone just shared with me that Sunday , 3/13/22 , there was a M4.5 on the Russia-Georgia border region.

Speculation that it may have actually been a bomb of some kind.   Thoughts?   A 4.5 seems rather large to be man-caused.

A large deep quake is causing considerable seismic unrest, so it's hard to say for sure.  My phone's been buzzing nonstop for the past two days.

Screenshot_20220314_003415.thumb.jpg.3d6be56208c5bc1cb332c3cd7618abcc.jpg

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

5 hours ago, Doug said:

Someone just shared with me that Sunday , 3/13/22 , there was a M4.5 on the Russia-Georgia border region.

Speculation that it may have actually been a bomb of some kind.   Thoughts?   A 4.5 seems rather large to be man-caused.

Seems real natural

E3DF94F9-75A9-487A-8840-DACDD75735AD.jpeg