JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Gunman opens fire in German city of Hamburg - Brothers and Sisters Wounded

Because I read one report that a sister's car was shot at about 10 times before she was able to drive away

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

5 minutes ago, Dove said:

Because I read one report that a sister's car was shot at about 10 times before she was able to drive away

He first shot 10 times at a car, but then he shot into the meeting from the window. Probably the car or it’s lights were  interfering with what he was about to do 

Police gave him a “A verbal warning”, there were “Red flags”, and he “Refused to seek treatment” for mental problems…

“Laws” and “”law enforcement” failed our brothers. Typical failure of the system that is out of control snd can’t stop the madness of Satan 

11 minutes ago, Sharkfin182 said:

He first shot 10 times at a car, but then he shot into the meeting from the window. Probably the car or it’s lights were  interfering with what he was about to do 

Just be careful friends on how we discuss this sad event. All distressing details can affect some. 

Official statements stick to general information. ☺️

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

2 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Just be careful friends on how we discuss this sad event. All distressing details can affect some. 

The first 10 shots fired at a car is in the official police statements on the timeline of events 

We had a special needs announcement here in Warwick as well.  However distressing this news can be and is, we are and, we must not forget that we are living in the end times.

We will witness and hear of bad news.  Isa. 30:15 sums it up for me.

Let us continue to trust in our God no matter how this system comes to its close.  Soon we will be on the other side of this wicked world.

The picture is a lot clearer now. He left the Congregation a year and a half ago, self-published this nut-job book in December, and at some point had a “disagreement” with the brothers over his book, apparently leading to him going on an angry shooting rampage 

3 minutes ago, Sharkfin182 said:

The first 10 shots fired at a car is in the official police statements on the timeline of events 

Sorry, I meant official statements from our organization. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I'm sorry, but I only asked about this because of all the suggestions for keeping the inside of the hall safe. I thought if it happened outside then there would need to be considerations for protecting the parking lot and surroundings of the KH as well as inside

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

11 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

This is a just a place to “talk” about “news” and the “event”. We will all await official information from the organization, but they’ll only share what’s necessary, not every little detail. JW Talk is a place for JW’s to “talk” with each other from all over outside of just our few local friends 

GERMANY: Front page of Hamburger Morgenpost, 11 March 2023

The headlines translate as:

Gunman Philipp F. was a sports shooter and consultant

The 35-year-old was a former member of Jehovah's Witnesess - he hoarded ammunition at home

This is how the Jehovah's Witnesses live and believe

The religious community between isolation and end of the world

The youngest victim wasn't even born yet

Hamburg in shock after rampage in Alsterdorf

Seven people are shot at a Jehovah's Witness service - then the perpetrator kills himself. Just a few weeks earlier, the 35-year-old was checked by the weapons authorities after an anonymous tip.

image.png.96f0f5c68beff02bd85b8946cc394fc8.png

See the Friday 10 March 2023 edition of Hamburger Morgenpost below:

MOST news sources are reporting the FACTS, thankfully. They all made it clear the he LEFT the Witness community a year and a half ago. 

The TRUTH will always shine through the lies and negativity.

Any HONEST-hearted person knows that PRACTICING Jehovah’s Witnesses teach only love and peace and would never commit such violent acts.

11 minutes ago, Sharkfin182 said:

On Page 178 he says Adolf Hitler was Jesus Christ.

Simone Leibster (Facing The Lion), I think, mentioned in her book (correct me if I am wrong) that raising the hand to Hitler was recognizing him as the same as or greater than Jesus. Nationalism took hold in Germany and she refused to 'heil'. It was a crazy time and I expect many leaders will follow Hitler's lead.

Germans are actually now most enraged about the “lax gun laws” that allowed a man with known mental problems to have a gun, and not have it confiscated 

Most are expressing sympathy for Jehovah’s Witnesses over this tragedy they experienced

GERMANY: Front page of Passauer Neue Presse, 11 March 2023 (newspaper based in Bavaria)

The headline translates as:

Gunman comes from Bavaria

Horror at Bloody crime in Hamburg - Eight People die in Building of Jehovah's Witnesses

image.png.ee49d3adc0344fca6dd639e779dcd875.png

GERMANY: Front page of Neue Westfälische, 11 March 2023

Sadness and horror after the shooting in Hamburg

The 35-year-old shooter killed eight people. There are several seriously injured, including a mother who lost her unborn child

image.png.8ab61e6945a160d61772cd9f235472f0.png

Edited by Parale

GERMANY: Front page of Westfälischer Anzeiger, 11 March 2023

Forensics after Hamburg killing spee gunman shots more than 100 times

image.png.6af17db653431c4fe2faf7d0b35e883f.png

GERMANY: Front page of Frankfurter Rundschau, 11 March 2023

Deadly Madness

Shots fired in a Community centrer: The Mass Killer from Hamburg evidently clung to confused Worldviews

image.png.690b4840645e24745632acac8100271d.png